: Got the serial number off my diff ... which version do I have?

WesH8398
04-26-10, 11:09 PM
I'm not sure which number is the identifying one, so here are the 2 numbers I got off the GETRAG sticker on my diff ... 0000645001209E and 00000NRJ-00112. Just curious... Which version of diff do these correspond to?

Houdini
04-27-10, 07:46 AM
Those don't appear to be the part numbers. You need to get the part number that is above the barcode. I think the only way to see it while the diff is still in the car is to hold a camera phone up there and try to snap a few pics. You'll be doing it mostly blind. The part number is on the top right side of the sticker just above the barcode.

WesH8398
04-27-10, 08:48 AM
Ahhh, crap. Those were the 2 numbers I could see when the car was up on the hoist at the muffler shop the other day. One was below the barcode and the other was above it. Guess I need to try again... Thanks for the info!!

Houdini
04-27-10, 01:46 PM
Ohh and check out this thread for diff versions/part numbers. There is a picture in there showing the part number listed on my actual diff sticker. That will give you an idea of where it is at:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/193934-2nd-gen-diff-vs-3rd-gen.html

CancerJCC
04-27-10, 03:52 PM
Those don't appear to be the part numbers. You need to get the part number that is above the barcode. I think the only way to see it while the diff is still in the car is to hold a camera phone up there and try to snap a few pics. You'll be doing it mostly blind. The part number is on the top right side of the sticker just above the barcode.

Yep took me probably 30+ shots with the digital and a flashlight to be able to finally make out the first few digits to get an answer...

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-27-10, 06:17 PM
I would like to take a look at this. I would like to direct message you to get some more information. Thank you for your time and cooperation.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

WesH8398
04-27-10, 10:51 PM
I would like to take a look at this. I would like to direct message you to get some more information. Thank you for your time and cooperation.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

Guys, is this for real? Sounds like spam/crap to me ... :thehand:

Stepside
04-27-10, 11:25 PM
I'm not sure which number is the identifying one, so here are the 2 numbers I got off the GETRAG sticker on my diff ... 0000645001209E and 00000NRJ-00112. Just curious... Which version of diff do these correspond to?

Those numbers are probably from the sticker on the cradle near the pinion.

The Diff # is on the back right side of the rear, just off center.
Too see it, you will need a flashlight and a mirror and it can be done without a lift. Just put down a big piece of cardboard to slide around on and crawl under there.
Too take a picture of it, it is trial & error to point the camera at the precise angle to get a picture. If the number starts with 157, its the 3rd part number 'Gen' rear for '06-'07 and if it starts with 258, it's the latest part number 'Gen' introduced in '08 for 1st CTS body style. Diff #s starting with 103 or 123 are . . . :eek: . . POS.
Have fun. :)

WesH8398
04-28-10, 08:30 AM
Thanks Stepside. I want to change my diff fluid anyway, so when I'm under there doing that, I'll try finding the part number again.