: Spare Tire Alternatives

Kurlee Daddee
04-26-10, 03:54 PM
I am looking for other alternatives for spare tires for my CTS-V. I only see single CTS-V rims come up for sale every once in a while. And most of the time they are $250 or up. I am wondering what other alternatives we have since our cars have 6 lug.

Will SRX, DTS, CTS, Escalade rims work on our cars? I am only looking for a temporary spare. Something to get me to the nearest gas station or tire store. It doesn't have to be in immaculate condition either. But I fear going on long trips in my car since I no longer have my Run Flats on the car.

Anyone know of alternative spare tires?

toberting22
04-26-10, 04:30 PM
I've read a couple threads on here (and I can't seem to find them again) where people have used the SRX wheel along with a machined wheel spacer.

I am no longer running my run flats either and am in need of a spare as well. I think we should find 2 more people in need of a spare and we could all go together on some wheels. That way we won't have to beg anyone to split up their wheel sale and we can each pay for one wheel. I don't care what kind of wheel it is, as long as it fits!

Ferny
04-26-10, 04:51 PM
i have one more left and im willing to charge you less than $250. let me know. PM me

Kurlee Daddee
04-26-10, 04:55 PM
i have one more left and im willing to charge you less than $250. let me know. PM me

DAMN! I was in Sac all weekend. I will PM you and maybe we can work something out.

AAIIIC
04-26-10, 06:25 PM
I'm not sure you're looking very hard. I sold off my Mille Miglias for $100 + shipping a few months ago, and I've seen other low dollar deals as well before that and since then. Hell, there's an ad in the Classifieds right now for $100 a wheel for some stockers. That's exactly the sort of thing you're looking for, isn't it?

As for other options, I was the one who test fit an SRX mini-spare on the car with a 3" spacer. I'm sure searching for "SRX spare" will find the thread with all the details. I've wanted to try a 17" SRX wheel (with a spacer, of course), but haven't been able to get my hands on one.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-27-10, 03:01 PM
Well it looks like you've been taken care of but if you are still having issues you can contact me through direct message or e-mail. Just include the forum name you're coming from if you do decide to e-mail me.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service