: Intermittent heavy clutch pedal

TexasLonghorn
04-26-10, 11:14 AM
Help me diagnose this problem. A little over a month ago, I noticed that my clutch fluid was very low and very dirty. I had the clutch flushed out and bleed. I have recently developed an intermittent heavy clutch pedal. Driving in city traffic, I never notice it. If I drive on the highway or at sustained speeds without using the clutch for while, the clutch becomes very heavy when I go to use it. After I pump the clutch a few times, it feels normal again. I was thinking that the slave cylinder is sticking or the throughout bearing might be going bad. There does not seem to be a leak. The fluid level has stayed consistent. I donít believe that it needs to be bleed again. Usually when there is air in the system, the clutch feels mushy/light. Let me know what you think.

AG'S-V
04-26-10, 11:43 AM
I'd bleed again...start simple, use a good DOT 4

PISNUOFF
04-26-10, 01:33 PM
Mine starts to do that when it needs to be bleed. If I let it go for a few more weeks, it'll start sticking to the floor.

AG'S-V
04-26-10, 02:41 PM
Longhorn, I've got an extra can of ATE Super Blue if you want it...$14 and it's yours!

1 can will do your brakes and clutch...hell you can borrow my Motive bleeder if you want...