: Best Lockpick

ESCALADE132
04-26-10, 11:26 AM
Can someone let me know what the best lockpick is for my Escalade. Which works the best and where did you buy your lockpicks.
Thanks

78mphgpr
04-27-10, 09:22 AM
I love mine from Coastal tech, they just came out with a new Gen 6 which you can control through your dic.

evois
04-27-10, 09:33 AM
...... they just came out with a new Gen 6 which you can control through your dic.

:duh: wut what?

mattroberts123
04-27-10, 10:50 AM
I love mine from Coastal tech, they just came out with a new Gen 6 which you can control through your dic.

hahahahhahaha. man if that was only possible.

ESCALADE132
04-27-10, 11:08 AM
Cool you can control the Gen 6 throught the DIC? Do you have a gen 6 and tell me how it works through the DIC
Thanks

lousy_investor
04-27-10, 12:07 PM
According to their website, yes. Saw pictures of the DIC, with settings along the line of "View movie while in motion" or something like that. Does look pretty cool.

Now I am just reporting what I saw on the website.... don't be laughing at me now. :)

GrynchEXT
04-28-10, 12:34 AM
I have a Gen 6 - press mute button 4 times within 4 seconds - status shows on DIC. You can scroll menus and activate or deactivate functions and see it all on DIC - It also dings twice when you select DVD on go. They have hacked into the CAN Bus and are talking on GM bus on Escalade - very cool. I also used the USB connector to download Ver 1.2 software release. Nice to be able to download new software. I keep the Lockpick box in glovebox - so you don't have to disassemble dash to download new software. I still have to run the blue wire under pax seat so that I can select rear cam on the go. It is a trick to stuff the radio back into place after installing the jumper harness. I tucked excess wires into recess right behind radio - there was not sufficient space to to drape harness down towards center console and still get the radio back in flush. That was where I was planning on keeping lockpick controller - so i could just pop lower center console to get at it.