: Difficulty level of replacing horn????

stixx
04-26-10, 10:35 AM
Hi guys - replacing a 2006 horn sounds like an easy thing to do, unless to do it I would have to pull the front bumper off or something stupid. Anyone replace their horn? What was your plan of attack?

Trying to determine if its something I can do, or if I should just have the dealer do it (no warranty).

ctsv154
04-26-10, 11:02 AM
It's pretty easy. I did mine from the top but it would probably be easier to take he plastic off the bottom and go on from there. It's just one 10mm nut in the middle and a single connector.

stixx
04-26-10, 11:09 AM
Perfect - exactly what I was hoping for.

CancerJCC
04-27-10, 05:18 PM
It's pretty easy. I did mine from the top but it would probably be easier to take he plastic off the bottom and go on from there. It's just one 10mm nut in the middle and a single connector.

Yep just did mine the other day. Got the new horn from rockauto for a pretty reasonable price as well. (don't remember exactly)

ctsv154 - You only had one connector? Mine has two one on each of the different horns. But mine also looked like some ghetto rigging had been done previously on it ("pinch" splicing connectors on the stock wiring).

ctsv154
04-27-10, 06:11 PM
Yeah if I remember correctly, I only had one connector and then the horn with the connector had another small one that went to the other horn. Only had to take off the one.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
04-28-10, 12:36 AM
Don't drop that bolt though. :D

CancerJCC
04-28-10, 12:47 PM
Yeah if I remember correctly, I only had one connector and then the horn with the connector had another small one that went to the other horn. Only had to take off the one.

Ya that is the way mine is except the goofy pinch connection. Who knows why it was there but probably the reason it wasn't working in the first place!