: The old "That's normal" answer

paperchase4life
04-26-10, 01:27 AM
Took the 07 ext (still under warranty) in a few weeks ago for a thumping noise in the cabin when the climate control is on. They replaced the Vent Door Actuator. Noise got worse. It's was pretty constant at every 20 secs.. could even feel a bump in the pedals every now and then. Took it back.. insisted on a courtesy car this time (was given a 2010 esv). This time they come with (we contacted GM, checked everything.. this is normal. It's the AC compressor kicking on). WTF.. well, I was not happy, but didn't get upset.. Just replied, "if all Cadillac's make this sound, I would have never purchased one. Also, the 2010 esv I'm driving does not make this sound. I've owned several cars/suv with climate control and hey do not make this sound."

Well.. it's still in the shop. They are replacing the AC compressor now. Might have to write a letter to GM on this one. I haven't mentioned to them that I'm a decent mechanic and won't be falling for the banana in the tail pipe trick.
:annoyed:

Neoex
04-26-10, 10:58 AM
i have never ever felt the compressor coming on/off thru my pedal, and i am 100% sure I would feel it, I notice that type of stuff instantly. i have a 07

hcvone
04-26-10, 11:58 AM
Yea I think I have had 7 Escalade's since 2007 and have never heard or felt the compressor kick on or off, glad they are finally replacing your compressor. :)

Merc
04-27-10, 01:04 AM
Mine makes a loud buzzing sound when you turn it on after it has been parked for a while in the sun. The dealer told me that was normal too.

I have no idea what is making the sound All I know is that it is coming from the engine area.

07maralade
04-27-10, 01:16 AM
Got that too. The buzzing from mine comes from the vent on the headliner just above the drivers window. Dont know what it is but it looks like a "microphone". When you hold it down, the noise kind of stops.

PreachRR
04-27-10, 09:13 AM
Got that too. The buzzing from mine comes from the vent on the headliner just above the drivers window. Dont know what it is but it looks like a "microphone". When you hold it down, the noise kind of stops.

That I believe is an ambient temp sensor and there is a small fan behind it and no it is not supposed to make noise.. It is replaceable my brother had a Denali that had that problem he got one used and swapped it out and no more noise!

Zhariak
04-27-10, 10:28 AM
My vehicle has been doing this since it was brand new...

You hear a thunk when the A/C is turned on. You can kinda feel it through the pedal and seat.

As far as I know, this is normal. It's never really bugged me...

What does bug me about however, is when changing the environmental controls you can hear a motor slowly turning... lol