: Lowest Priced CTS-V

rand49er
04-25-10, 04:16 PM
Haven't contacted this dealer and don't really plan to.

Any guesses as to why it's priced so low? Miles too high? No motor?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/ctd/1696732578.html

VforMe
04-25-10, 04:31 PM
Looks hokey. It's listed on the detroit craigslist but has Texas tags:cookoo:

Also looks like it has an intercooler.

Jon
04-25-10, 04:34 PM
Scam. The one in the pic has a Maggie

rand49er
04-25-10, 04:36 PM
Yeah, maybe it's one of those deals where you send the money somewhere far away and they delivery the car.

Yeah, right! :suspect:

VforMe
04-25-10, 04:56 PM
Somebody should email him and see if he wants to sell the maggie off of it. Maybe trade some magic beans for it....:alchi:

RADARB8
04-25-10, 04:57 PM
only 2 pics.:bigroll:

mr_e_mann
04-25-10, 05:32 PM
For sure a scam. That same listing popped up on the Denver and Portland, OR craigslists about a week ago. You are probably purchasing the pictures because the seller doesn't have that car.

Bigron
04-25-10, 05:52 PM
Randy you looking for a back up or parts car?

sak_v
04-25-10, 06:05 PM
its not a dealler. Its a scam. Its all over CL. you will send your money via Moneygram or western unioun or a fake Paypal address and you wont receve a car because that car does not belong to the persone selling it for so low. You can tell its a scam cos they never have a phone number listed only an email.

Driven2slow
04-25-10, 11:57 PM
its not a dealler. Its a scam. Its all over CL. you will send your money via Moneygram or western unioun or a fake Paypal address and you wont receve a car because that car does not belong to the persone selling it for so low. You can tell its a scam cos they never have a phone number listed only an email.

I never list my number on anything im selling on craigslist.

2007cts-v
04-26-10, 06:23 AM
We have any police officers on here that can run that plate?

rand49er
04-26-10, 07:07 AM
We have any police officers on here that can run that plate?Bobby?

Geez, I hate scammers. :rant2: Hang 'em high, I say.

Bigron
04-26-10, 07:51 AM
We have any police officers on here that can run that plate?

You know they just steal the pics off a legitimate FS thread and then post like 50 of them across the country, right?
I doubt someone would be stupid enough to run a scam with a picture of their plate in the pic. But there are stupid people out there I guess.

sak_v
04-26-10, 12:42 PM
In sac town someone was stupid enough to buy a car for really cheap (like the mentioned ad) and sent HER money to this guy and never got the car.
It was all over the news !!! lol
I have been selling cars on CL for the past 5 years (over 50 cars) and have receved chechs for double the amount I was asking but never fell for it. A friend of my dad sold his car for $5000 and got a check for $9800 the extra was for shipping (BS) and hed deposited the check but it takes few days for the bank to check if the check is legit (I know cos I work for the fraud dep) so by the time the bank told this guy that the chack was fake (it was from somebody elses account that was takken over by this person selling the car) the towing companny came, picked up the car and the rest of the money (cos the persone selling the car said that his mom died and he needed rest of the money). He lost his car and $5000

onebadcad
04-26-10, 01:31 PM
Stay tuned for the updates, and as Sheriff Buford T. Justice used to say, 'I am in hot pursuit'.

Other memorable quotes from SBTJ:
"Duck, or you're gonna be talkin' out yo ass!" "Do what I say you pile o' monkey nuts!"
"I'm gonna barbeque yo' ass in molasses!"
"My handle is Smokey Bear and I'm tail grabbin' your ass right now!" (to his son) "There's no way, NO way that you came from MY loins. Soon as I get home, first thing I'm gonna do is punch yo mamma in da mouth!"

http://www.tvmoviequotes.com/bufordtjustice.htm

onebadcad
04-26-10, 05:08 PM
Just received an email reply, the Detroit car, with the Texas plates, now has an Iowa address, and I am sure the phone number is in California:

Hello there and thanks for your interest.
As you've probably already seen on my listing i decided to lower the price, to avoid wasting time with negotiations and find a buyer as soon as possible.
It has never been wrecked or in any accidents....Transmission - Manual, Mileage - 36,000, Engine - 8 Cylinder 5.7 Liter, VIN - 1G6DN57S240176838.
I have a clear title for it , no liens or loans. I just moved in WEST DES MOINES, IA and the car is here with me.
Due to the fact I am very busy with my work and I don't stay too much at home, the car is already to the shipping company and will be delivered from there very fast, shipping cost is included in price. The transaction will be made under eBay's buyer protection plan. So, please reply back with your full name and shipping address if want to buy it. My last price is $6,300.

Can anyone do a search on the VIN?

sak_v
04-26-10, 05:30 PM
hahahahahah classic !!!!! you should go for it its only $6,300

onebadcad
04-26-10, 06:12 PM
hahahahahah classic !!!!! you should go for it its only $6,300

$6,300 includes shipping from Iowa/Detroit/wherever, what a deal!!!