: guys with Kooks and Cats - which way do your O2s face + dipstick

bneal1022
04-24-10, 05:51 PM
I am getting close... For those with the kooks headers and kooks Hi flow cats, what orientation do your O2 sensors face that gave you the best angle to get to your exhaust? I have a borla that originally connected tot he factory manifolds and cats. Now the kooks and cats are longer abd I will have to trim the pipes i have to make the connection.

Did you face your O2 sensors up between the transmission and tunnel?
Did you face your O2 sideways pointing horizontal toward the middle of the car under the tranny?

Also side question.. I getting ready to fight the dipstick.. is it easire with 2 people? can it be felt under the car with the kooks on where it enteres the pan or block?

pics always help.. thanks a bunch guys.

bneal1022
04-24-10, 07:13 PM
got the dipstick... Not too bad.

any word on the O2 sensor orientation in the cats and which way you guys have them point to best align the pipes to the exhaust? In some cases it looks like pointing them horizonal outward pointing left and right seem to give a decent angle for the exhaust, but should they be exposed like that or should they just tuck between the tranny and the tunnel?

maxspeed96ct
04-24-10, 07:16 PM
I think they can only fit with the sensors pointing to the outside of the car.

...or at least thats how mine are.

CTSV_510
04-24-10, 10:58 PM
Here dude I posted a bunch of pics in this thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/140176-kooks-magnaflow-factory-catted-connections-corsa.html

Kooks + cats and magnaflow. I don't have rear O2s hooked up as you can see, but the bungs are facing inward.