: How To Aim Headlight??

Ferny
04-23-10, 02:10 PM
Hey guys, I got my headlights replaced but now they are pointing way too high. how do i lower the beam? i looked around but couldnt find anything....thanks!!! :thumbsup:

nikon
04-23-10, 02:50 PM
nivomat self adjusting shocks.......there's no adjustment. I think there's left/right, but that's it.

Ferny
04-23-10, 03:23 PM
really? damn...i wonder why my old lights aimed lower

nikon
04-23-10, 03:27 PM
I've always heard there's no adjustment, maybe you could try shimming the top of the headlight mount with a couple washers, but that will throw off your seams.

nikon
04-23-10, 03:31 PM
Nevermind, I had it backwards, no horizontal adjustment....attached is the instructions. The nivomats are there in place of self adjusting lens' like the bimmers.

Ferny
04-23-10, 03:32 PM
sweet! thank you sir!!!

Andringa
04-23-10, 04:12 PM
There is both a vertical and horizontal adjustment for the headlights. They are adjusted with an allen head screw just inboard of the headlight assembly under the hood.
Ferny, you can get it close by yourself, but if I were you I would drop it off at the dealership and politely ask them to finish the job. If a suspension component was replaced under warranty I would expect them to check the alignment after wards, I don't see how headlights are any different.

Ferny
04-23-10, 04:24 PM
very very well said...i didnt even think about that. it shouldnt be a problem right?

nikon
04-23-10, 05:00 PM
There is both a vertical and horizontal adjustment for the headlights. They are adjusted with an allen head screw just inboard of the headlight assembly under the hood.
Ferny, you can get it close by yourself, but if I were you I would drop it off at the dealership and politely ask them to finish the job. If a suspension component was replaced under warranty I would expect them to check the alignment after wards, I don't see how headlights are any different.

Eh, it says right on the repair sheet in red 'no horizontal adjustment'