: WTB Stock Clutch and Pressure Plate

8's on a drag radial
04-22-10, 04:31 PM
I'm looking for a good deal on a used or new stock clutch/pressure plate. Hoping someone has a low mileage setup that they have laying in the garage that they replaced for a performance peice. My car has a 103,500 miles and I'm getting nervous.

Please let me know what you have.

Thank,

Tim

heavymetals
04-22-10, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't yank the OEM and replace it with an OEM even it it was free (I gave my old one away with less then 27k on it).

The OEM is a POS.

8's on a drag radial
04-22-10, 05:18 PM
I wouldn't yank the OEM and replace it with an OEM even it it was free (I gave my old one away with less then 27k on it).

The OEM is a POS.

My CTS-V is used exclusively as a commuter car and the clutch/pressure plate has been great for 103K miles. Plus I hear a lot of drivability issues with aftermarket clutches as well additional pedal effort.

I have a mustang that is my weekend racer, the CTS-V will remain stock, so a stock clutch is all I need.

Zo6PwRd
04-23-10, 04:11 AM
Id at least upgrade to the LS7 or buy a brand new LS6 clutch, no point in going through the trouble putting in a used clutch.

SkullV
04-23-10, 06:14 AM
Id at least upgrade to the LS7 or buy a brand new LS6 clutch, no point in going through the trouble putting in a used clutch.

The LS6 corvette clutch and our clutch are completely different due to the design of the flywheel/pressure plate. The clutch disk itself is unsprung.

odla
04-23-10, 07:50 AM
i have a clutch. Has i think 40k on it. pay for shipping and its yours.pm me your email and i will send pics when i get the chance. Its froma n 04 v that right now only has 60k.

Danno1
04-25-10, 10:32 PM
I have a stock Clutch flywheel and pressure plate from a 2005 CTS-V engine that I used in another project. I has less than 6K miles on it. you can email me for pic's. How about $75 plus shipping.
Dan