: short shifter

V-ridah
04-22-10, 01:38 PM
hi, i have a 2006 ctsv, wondering which shifter should i go with... i am leaning towards the katech shifter... how hard is it to install it? any issue? the reason am going with this shifter is because it has less noise compare to b&m, is this true?

CadiBlk
04-22-10, 01:41 PM
I don't have any recommendations on which brand to go with, but I have a UUC and have been satisfied. The install is easy. There are instructions on this forum on how to do it from the top, search em up.

As for noise, I have none, but again I can't comment on other brands as I have no experience.

odla
04-22-10, 01:46 PM
Go with pisnuoff. I have a uuc in the silver car and one that i made like pisnuoff version in the black car. i like it better than the uuc.

heavymetals
04-22-10, 04:46 PM
Please use the search feature (as good or bad as it is) before starting a new thread about an old subject.

cvettr/cts-v
04-22-10, 04:51 PM
Any will be light years better than stock. Some have decreased the noise from b&m using sound proofing. Search the faq for directions on installing from above. Those are the best instructions just disreguard removing the console as it is not necessary at all. Use unibit on the rivets and it is maybe at most a 1 hour job including beer breaks. Very simple and very worth while but also make sure you get bushings from Luke @ Lindsay Cadillac whatever shifter you use or you won't get the ful benefit and reduction is side to side slop.

ELES6CTS
04-23-10, 07:13 AM
I order PISNUOFF's shifter. Hadn't gotten it in yet, but the reviews look good for it.

calicadi
04-24-10, 04:02 PM
I have a B&M. Install was easy. Did it all from the top. Noise issue is caused by an air gap between the thinner B&M shaft and the inner rubber boot. This was easily solved with a bit polyurethane sponge zip-tied in place. Six years on and no noise or shifter issues. Positive, accurate shifts since day one.

shadybx7
04-24-10, 05:23 PM
I have had a Katech shifter for a year.. shifts were better but i wasn't 100% happy with it until i really tightened up the linkage between the linkage and SS body.. THats where all that wiggle is coming from.. I had left it looser becuase i heard on here that over tightening would lead to binding ... screw that Torque that sucker down and shoot it with WD40

i went with Katech because it has a threaded shaft just like the C5.. knob options

If i were doing it now i would go modified stock because its cheap and effective