: Removal of old Wax

kungfuturkey
04-21-10, 02:00 PM
Was wondering if anyone had a good solution for this. I just bought an 08 Escalade and the previous owner wasn't as meticulous as i am when it comes to waxing the car. They got wax on some of the black plastic exterior pieces when they waxed the vehicle.

This has left a white residue. Does anyone have any good tricks to get this old wax "stains" off of some of the black plastic pieces?

ccclarke
04-24-10, 12:48 PM
Here you go:

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+care/car+waxing/car+waxes+and+sealants/dried-on+wax+remover.do?search=basic&keyword=wax&sortby=newArrivals&page=3

CC

concorso
04-24-10, 02:24 PM
Goo-gone orange citrus cleaner dabbed on with a MF, then wipe everything away with a 50:50 mix of isopropyl alcohol and water.

V-Eight
04-24-10, 04:41 PM
Doesn't isopropyl alcohol strip paint?

Skiller.
04-29-10, 10:57 AM
Not a Cadillac paint job. I've had paint thinner on my car before and it did no harm to the original paint job. I had to use paint thinner when I spilled paint on my bumper. That was such a bad day, but I got it all off!

Jim D.
05-02-10, 03:31 PM
Mothers Back-to-Black will help work it out as well as rejuvenate and protect the trim. I often apply it before I wax, especially if using a carnauba wax. This is one reason why I use the more expensive FX SynWax -- it doesn't chalk the trim.

hcvone
05-04-10, 07:34 AM
Doesn't isopropyl alcohol strip paint?

No rubbing alcohol (IP) will not hurt your paint, just rinse or wipe down well after use.