: WOW, WHEELDUDE 19s *pics*, just what's going on w/ Alan F's V, motor mounts, axle???

Alan F
04-21-10, 08:42 AM
I like to think in my imaginative mind that there are masses of CTS-V enthusiast wondering about updates on my car! Probably not, but for the dozen guys asking me questions, here’s the latest:

After some time with the newest Creative Steel Ultra Mount full body OEM style motor mounts in grade 50 urethane, I love them. We experimented with some grade 30s and turned out too soft. The ones he has now are absolutely perfect, especially when paired with the soft tranny mount. No jumping around at idle like blown stockers or too soft of a urethane. It feels firm, yet emits ZERO vibrations into the cabin.
*Call Max or Kristie today 503-316-1811 and be done with motor mount woes.

After many thousand miles with Hendrix Econo Axle, all is well. The car will spin when needed, no noise, no issues, all is well. I have a video that shows the results on youtube under my user name bigalforsyth. I won’t post it because it would be considered illegal street activity; )
*Call Thomas on the axles at 980-521-0722

I love my EBC Redstuff brake pads. After 15k on them I can tell you they dust way less than stock and stop great. I had one track day on them and they certainly overpowered the stock rotors. Got those from Herron Performance along with several other little things.
*email Shon Herron at shon@herronperformance.com or see the website at www.herronperformance.com

The mystery front end thud post going back to stock height! IT IS GONE!!! Thanks Luke at Lindsay Cadillac for providing me a stock undrilled sway bar and new bushings. That did the trick.
*Call Luke at 703-824-9670

Wheeldude.com staggered 19s. Got em in and on yesterday. Enjoy the crappy cell phone pics for now. With ZERO spacers or modifications whatsoever, I went with 295/35-19 BFG KDW2s rear and 245/40-19 matching fronts. No clearance issues at all, but take my word, I would NOT go 295s if lowered. Better stick to 275s as these wheels fill up the well. Oh, and ironically after all the discussion about widened trailing arms this and that…at full droop guess what…the 295s were a paper width apart from the inner frame, yet had extra room at the trailing arms…imagine that. Now at ride height the trailing arm is close but perfectly within operational tolerance with the inner frame a finger width away. The BFGs were chosen based on the close diameter and availability of matching sizes. They are a bit louder on the first few miles anyway than most tires, but look awesome and at cruise…who notices anyway.

Wheels are 19x8.5/19x10 HyperBlack!

I’m updating everything on my mind because I will probably take a break from caddy stuff for a while. The bird has been accumulating parts and has been neglected for months as I’ve experimented and worked on the V. Not to say I’ll disappear, just won’t be daily for a while.

http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj327/bigalforsyth/CTS-VWheeldude19s1.jpg
http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj327/bigalforsyth/CTS-VWheeldude19s2.jpg
http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj327/bigalforsyth/CTS-VWheeldude19s3.jpg
http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj327/bigalforsyth/CTS-VWheeldude19s4.jpg

nytoolmkr
04-21-10, 09:05 AM
Looks Great....hard to tell in the pics, are the wheels Hyper Silver or Black

Alan F
04-21-10, 09:08 AM
Looks Great....hard to tell in the pics, are the wheels Hyper Silver or Black

HyperBlack and thanks for reminding me...edited the original to include that.

CadiBlk
04-21-10, 09:37 AM
Glad to hear you are thud free.

I have about 30k miles on my KDWs and for the last 20k of them they have been LOUD! If you think they are loud at the begining wait till you get some tread off of them. My low tread indicators are showing on all 4, so I will be swapping out soon as I find a body shop to do some work for me. I bet when I get my new tires on it will seem like someone turned the volume off. On the highway my tires drone louder than the catless kooks.

Wheels look good. Thing I hate about going to bigger rims is that I would want bigger rotors to go with it.

We need an ATL meet up.

lollygagger8
04-21-10, 10:15 AM
Wheels look hot! Glad you got your clunk fixed too.

Time for clear fogs/sidemarkers :2thumbs:

shadybx7
04-21-10, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the mod reviews. Great info. +1 on the modded fogs/sides (i would smoke um)

Damn sexy looking Platinum :v: :drool: more high res pics wouldn't hurt.. I think the new hyperblack is a lighter shade then it used to be.. my wheels are smokier(if that's even a word)

liqidvenom
04-21-10, 11:06 AM
good write up, are you planning on going off roading with all that high ride hieght? j/k

Alan F
04-21-10, 11:30 AM
good write up, are you planning on going off roading with all that high ride hieght? j/k

you guys crack me up! There's 2 fingers between the top of the tire and the fender lips...low enough for me.

I'd choose 295s over an inch lower any day! :cool2:

liqidvenom
04-21-10, 11:49 AM
you guys crack me up! There's 2 fingers between the top of the tire and the fender lips...low enough for me.

I'd choose 295s over an inch lower any day! :cool2:

thats NOT what she said.

JD03Cobra
04-21-10, 12:02 PM
^^ LOL

Those look real good! Looking forward to better pictures. Oh and I would rather go 295's vs. lowering! Good call.

Alan F
04-21-10, 12:52 PM
^^ LOL

Those look real good! Looking forward to better pictures. Oh and I would rather go 295's vs. lowering! Good call.

i'll get some good ones and post in a new thread in appearance section.

Thanks for all the compliments. It really feels like i'm getting a way with something illegal with staggered 19s at the cost of stock 18s!

tweeter81
04-21-10, 07:32 PM
^^ LOL

How about 295s and lowered, now that is the ticket. :lildevil:

Alan F
04-22-10, 08:18 AM
How about 295s and lowered, now that is the ticket. :lildevil:

that would be the ticket, but i'd argue it ain't possible, at least with passengers in the back. Sure it can be done but i'm at stock height and there's two fingers gap from top of rear tire to lip, and mines rolled, then there's 1 finger's gap on the inside to the shock and inner frame.

liqidvenom
04-22-10, 10:18 AM
i think tweeter81 has 295's and is lowered

tweeter81
04-22-10, 11:42 AM
i think tweeter81 has 295's and is lowered

You are correct, sir! I am lowered about 1 1/4" in the rear (as low as I can go with my GC setup) and about 2" in the front. I never have passengers in the back, so that isn't an issue for me.

I will be posting some new pix of my car in the near future and even though I am pretty low, it looks deceiving because I have such low profile tires (30 series in rear and 35 series in front), so there is still a bit of gap, but overall the body of my car is just as low, or lower, as the guys whose cars look really slammed when riding on stock-size wheel/tire combo.

TexVette
04-22-10, 05:41 PM
Car looks awesome with those wheels. I really like the KDW 2 tire choice as well. I run those whenever possible and am happy with the dry traction for a non drag radial. The wet handling/braking is incredible. You'll soon find out your first rainy day.

Alan F
04-23-10, 08:30 AM
Car looks awesome with those wheels. I really like the KDW 2 tire choice as well. I run those whenever possible and am happy with the dry traction for a non drag radial. The wet handling/braking is incredible. You'll soon find out your first rainy day.

i will be posting a new video on youtube for exhaust sound experiments, but i will say that where i roasted the GY RSA Runflats, the new BFG KDW2s won't turn over quite so easy...and let's just say the clutch let me know it wasn't used to all that traction...smelly afterwards for a while! But yeah, awesome traction for a non-drag radial and the 295 width helps.

By the way, i did not weigh the wheels but was loading the rear 19x10s and my bare stock 18x8.5 in the yukon before mounting and i assure you the stocker was heavier as verified by one of my shipping guys.

Matt05V
04-23-10, 08:51 AM
Hey Alan, you mentioned that the restriction on width would be on the frame of your car and not so much the trailing arm. Could this be partially due to the KDW2? I've ran those tires on other cars of mine and they've always seemed to be pretty bulgy compared to other brands in the same size. Also, what is the offset of your new wheels?

Btw, loving how the rears fill out the wheel well. Looks tough.

Alan F
04-23-10, 09:07 AM
Hey Alan, you mentioned that the restriction on width would be on the frame of your car and not so much the trailing arm. Could this be partially due to the KDW2? I've ran those tires on other cars of mine and they've always seemed to be pretty bulgy compared to other brands in the same size. Also, what is the offset of your new wheels?

Btw, loving how the rears fill out the wheel well. Looks tough.

Hey Matt,
after the suspension settled down (was on jack stands for 4wks) i crawled under it and there's tons of room to the shock, and about the same room to the trailing arm and inner frame, which scares the poop out of me for all the guys depending on widened trailing arms to get big wheels and tires...just don't know what's going to happen w/ the frame. For the record, i got my air hammer to see if that spot on the inner frame was pliable to provide more room (like we did on f-bodies years ago) but it AIN'T. Nothing happened but the finish came off.

Now that i've scared guys depending on the trailing arms to provide the clearance, let me clarify in that these 295/35-19s are a full 27" tall, which will get it into the inner frame more than the typical 26.7" stock height or much less the 26" guys w/ lower profiles.

The BFGs usually do run a bit wider than say a nitto, but it fits like it should on the rim with no bulge.

So yes, this is a big tire both width and height, so that why it is close to the frame. like was said earlier, the 295/30-19 would tuck better and work w/ lowered suspensions moreso than this 35 series would.

I will have to get the backspace figure from Dan at wheeldude...was too giddy in getting them to remember to measure.

I've gotten more compliments in 3 days on these wheels than any i've ever had.

nytoolmkr
04-23-10, 12:24 PM
info copied from WheelDude web site

Product Details:
Wheel Style - Linea Corse Veneto
Wheel Diameter (Inches) - 19"
Wheel Width (Inches) - 8.5F, 10R"
PCD Bolt Pattern - 6x115
Offset - +40F, +47Rmm
Hub Bore - 70.3mm
Color - Hyper Silver
Quantity - 4 Pcs. (1 set)
Price: $ 1299.00

Alan F
04-23-10, 12:50 PM
info copied from WheelDude web site

Product Details:
Wheel Style - Linea Corse Veneto
Wheel Diameter (Inches) - 19"
Wheel Width (Inches) - 8.5F, 10R"
PCD Bolt Pattern - 6x115
Offset - +40F, +47Rmm
Hub Bore - 70.3mm
Color - Hyper Silver
Quantity - 4 Pcs. (1 set)
Price: $ 1299.00

thanks for that info. I have emailed Dan at wheeldude to give me the inches in backspace for those of ME who don't get mm's when related to offset.

Ferny
04-23-10, 02:05 PM
hey Alan, Im assuming you received your rim I sent you correct?

Alan F
04-24-10, 05:35 AM
hey Alan, Im assuming you received your rim I sent you correct?

yes Ferny, got them the same day as i got the new wheeldude 19s. Got all giddy and forget to report in. So now i'm back to a 5 wheel kinda guy! Thanks for getting me the spare so quickly.

You've got at least one left right? Somebody need a great spare, contact Ferny ASAP.

Ferny
04-24-10, 12:51 PM
awesome. just wanted to make sure! glad everything went smooth! yes, your right, one more left and its in great shape! thanks Alan!

lol @ the giidy thing. thats how i was when i got my rims. like a kid with a new toy..lol..once again, your car looks great bro

Alan F
05-07-10, 12:27 PM
Dan says the backspacing on the 19x10 is roughly 7.5" as i expected.