: Bad News

Adam
08-24-04, 07:20 AM
Bad news everyone. a friend of mine and a fellow Cadillac driver has passed away. he died yesterday in a suicide attempt. he crashed his 96 Eldorado into a light pole at 135 mph (according to EMS and BTPD) after getting into a fight with his girlfriend. he was only 20 years old. he and his family are very big Cadillac enthusiasts and were the ones that got me into Cadillacs. if this thread doesnt belong here i apologize. please help me support the family by just putting down your condolences on this page ( i know you dont know him but coming from Cadillac enthusiasts such as our selves would mean alot to them), it will be printed and given to his family at the funeral. thank you.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-24-04, 11:59 AM
Its hard to say much in a instance like this dude .There isnt anything conforting you call tell the parents of a passed child.

My thoughts are with all involved .

daacon
08-24-04, 01:23 PM
I was gonna say the same thing - it is a tradegy they can take comfort in he is a better place now.

Daniel Almestica
08-24-04, 01:36 PM
from the almestica family we that you find comfort knowing that we said a pary for you and your son!

RBraczyk
08-24-04, 06:18 PM
This is only another time i've heard such horrible news. Last year two kids at my school were killed in a car accident. Kyle Crisman was passing five cars on an uphill passing lane when he ran out of room and a 96 two door tahoe coming over the hill plowed into him, Killing Kyle and his brother Tim. Our school was in grief for months, and even though i didnt' know the brothers too well, it affected me. Even though it was his fault and he killed his brother, no one took notice to it. His car was parked at our local saab dealership in the front. I remember seeing that car and never never forgot it. To this day i dont' screw around or try doing something stupid. I also lost my aunt in an automobile accident five years ago.

My condolences. Rob.

majax
08-24-04, 08:28 PM
I've seen what happens when a car hits a light poll at speeds of 100+. It's sad to see anyone go especially in that way. Even though I did not know him, that story is very upsetting.

God Bless, he has my prayer

carguy16
08-24-04, 10:12 PM
First off, I have no sympathy for any of these people that died.

They could have killed someone else. That guy that committed suicide, that is a poor way to go. There are other ways to kill yourself without endangering anyone else.

Second, this kids passing cars on hills. Great! Im glad they died and not anyone else, its their fault! They could have killed someone else being stupid shits. I smell a Darwin award!

Vesicant
08-24-04, 10:57 PM
Sorry to hear a fellow cadillac enthusiast go.

R.I.P. and may he given mercy 'pon our creator.

majax
08-24-04, 11:02 PM
First off, I have no sympathy for any of these people that died.
They could have killed someone else. That guy that committed suicide, that is a poor way to go. There are other ways to kill yourself without endangering anyone else.
Second, this kids passing cars on hills. Great! Im glad they died and not anyone else, its their fault! They could have killed someone else being stupid shits. I smell a Darwin award!

You are completely right, you dont have to have sympathy for the person who died. This is about haveing sympathy for the family who lost their loved one in such a morbid way.

Adam
08-24-04, 11:48 PM
well if you dont have anything nice to say to the family then you shouldnt have put anything on here. he was a friend and im freinds with his family. i have to sit with suicidal people here at the hospital everyday. they just need help. i dont like the fact what he did and it really made me mad he did it but right now im just helping his mother and father and his brothers to get through this.

ChristianV
08-25-04, 12:10 AM
@93Fleetwoodlowlow. Aw sh_t Dawg. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I had a close friend commit suicide about 2 years back and I know how it is, it's really, really hard. Hang in there.

Ralph
08-25-04, 12:16 AM
Sorry to hear it. It's also too bad that he thought that was the only girl he would ever meet. Life begins at 20, it shouldn't end at 20. Sometimes we all need to count to 100, and calm down.

Deep Sleep
08-25-04, 12:49 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your lose. It's hard to lose people you know, I think it's worse when they kill themsevles. My wifes best friend killed herself about three years ago, We still think about her. When people get depressed there just not thinking right, and if youve never known someone who was its hard to understand.
Once again, I feel for your lose of a friend who had there whole life before them.
As for carguy16, That really didnt have to be said.

Adam
08-25-04, 03:45 AM
i would like to thank everybody for their condolences. i talked to his mother at the wake earlier tonight. they would like to say thanks to everyone for their concerns and she would keep all of you in prayer. his brother said it is hard and he would like to thank everyone for their input because it helps with the loss and is really touched that other Cadillac fans are sending their condolences. his father hasnt said anything but that the people here are very nice and anytime anybody needs help with something he'd be the first to help if he can. they dont have the internet so they cant come to this site. but after the funeral im going to let them use my computer to thank everyone in person (sort of). the funeral is Thursday. it will be closed casket.

carguy16
08-25-04, 03:39 PM
I must add my condolances to the families/friends for the deaths.

Big difference between the people that did the deed, and their family, I over looked that, sorry.

But, I still have no sympathy for those who died, just to clear it up.

T_Dogg8
08-25-04, 04:18 PM
I must add my condolances to the families/friends for the deaths.

Big difference between the people that did the deed, and their family, I over looked that, sorry.

But, I still have no sympathy for those who died, just to clear it up.
why can't you just leave your condolances with the family and leave it at that?? why do you have to make 'your statement' on this issue here. if you want, go to the political section and do it there, but this is not the place. i feel very sorry for the family. i had a very close friend kill himself and to this day i don't understand why. a couple thousand people came to his funeral and viewing. i waited in line for 4 hours just to talk to his family, yet he felt there was no one he could turn to. it's a very very sad incident.

BeelzeBob
08-25-04, 05:39 PM
INFORM ME BY PM BEFORE THIS THREAD IS PRINTED AND PRESENTED TO THE FAMILY. - So I can delete anything inappropriate.

Otherwise. I'm sorry to hear this happened. A fellow Cadillac owner/enthusiast, and fellow human being is gone forever. That's always sad to hear and should be considered bad news by anyone who reads it. It's unfortunate that your friend decided to take his life - sometimes we're not 100% in control of our emotions and actions. Nobody's perfect. We're only human...

He's in my prayers...

AirJigga25
08-25-04, 07:13 PM
RIP

hopefully the family will be able to think about the good times and do something for him each year in his memory.

barge master
08-25-04, 10:31 PM
Big sorrys to all concerned. I've dealt with this myself several times. It will take a while to make peace with it. I feel very sorry for the young man. He had his whole life to do anything he wanted and just didn't know it. It sounds corny, but in the end,all our questions will be answered in life and everything will make sense. Life is eternal.

Vesicant
08-25-04, 10:53 PM
Sorry he had to go that way...

My sentiments go out to his family and to you.

R.I.P - May the Lord have mercy upon his weary soul.

Adam
08-26-04, 03:20 PM
Hello friends. First off I would like to say that this is not "93fleetwoodlow" but the mother of the son who has passed. Second my family and I would like to thank everyone on this web site for their kind words. We appreciate everyones input, concern, and prayers. Your kindness has uplifted our spirits and is helping with the grieving process. I will keep all of you in my prayers. I thank all of you with all of my heart. My husband and I would love to be a part of this web site but do not have the time to. We would like to thank "93fleetwoodlow" for letting us use his web name and for using his computer and for making it known to all the kind people here. Thanks to everyone and God bless all of you.

BeelzeBob
08-26-04, 06:58 PM
It's hard to know what to say to that.. Thank you for stopping by and I'm sorry it had to be under these circumstances.. You, your son and your family will be in my prayers...

Sal C.

Sandy
08-26-04, 11:08 PM
To Mom & Dad:-

I have no words. This is a terrible terrible event. No girlfriend is worth that. Your son has shared his pain with you, bestowing the hurt he felt, with his parents. You will hurt for a long time. You will emerge stronger and be able to better accept his choice. I can understand, as I am a 57 year old Father of 1 child, our son. I cannot imagine the pain. God will watch over you.

Sandy Block

RBraczyk
08-26-04, 11:36 PM
In my young life I have seen a lot of death, death of loved ones, death of friends, and death of people who have affected friends and family. My condolences and sympathies are with you.

Rob Braczyk

lev
08-27-04, 01:37 AM
My simpathy to the family. I can't match anybody here with any "I know someone who killed her/himself" stories. But some one at school I was aquaintance with died in a car crash, granted that that was not a suicide.

Death makes us realize what's real and what's not. I think we can all learn a lesson to be nicer to everybody, to make the best out of the company of friends that we have as one isn't to know when one is gone.

We are very strong, yet we are very weak, so everyone needs to give proper dues to everything and everyone that we have.

And let's hope that that is the last suicide any of us in Cadillac community ever hear of again.

RBraczyk
08-30-04, 02:03 AM
Well i hate to burst your bubble lev, but
Friday night around 3 am, My good friend Christopher Kirby Committed suicide in the front field of my high school. He ended up shooting himself the wrong way so he didn't kill himself, he called the police, and he still had a pulse when they got there. he ended up bleeding out before they could save him.
He was a great kid, funny, honest, a great cartoonist, and a person that anyone could be friends with. You'll be missed chris.
1986-2004.

CadiJeff
08-30-04, 02:25 AM
Pleas let the family Know that they and your friend are in my prayers. My senior year in highschool during christmas break a friend of mine comitted suicide for similar reasons and it really hurt. again please extend my deepest sympathies and my apollogies for the few from this forum who decided to make as ses of themselves... they do not represent the whole of the cadillacforums comunity.
Jeff

Ralph
08-30-04, 03:51 PM
Well i hate to burst your bubble lev, but
Friday night around 3 am, My good friend Christopher Kirby Committed suicide in the front field of my high school. He ended up shooting himself the wrong way so he didn't kill himself, he called the police, and he still had a pulse when they got there. he ended up bleeding out before they could save him.
He was a great kid, funny, honest, a great cartoonist, and a person that anyone could be friends with. You'll be missed chris.
1986-2004.

Sorry to hear it. Do they know why he did it? Did he have people he could talk to? Were there any warning signs or changes in recent behavior?

RBraczyk
08-30-04, 09:16 PM
He was on anti depressant drugs which happen to make you suicidal and he just broke up with his gf, because she was going to college. Never thought he would do something like that. I'll be on later.

barge master
08-30-04, 11:20 PM
Sorry about your buddy RB. Man, what us old middle aged farts wouldn't give to turn the clock back and have another chance to be teenagers again. The whole world is yours. Trust me on this one, enjoy every day of your life like it was your last. 1980 seems like yesterday to me, and WHAM you wake up one day and realize the fact you are getting older and the process of ageing will consume you just like everyone else. You'll have an ever increasing list of people you can remember who are no longer alive for one reason or another. Then you really know what a waste that was. Hang tough bro,and many sympathies to you and his family.

Ralph
08-30-04, 11:31 PM
Sorry about your buddy RB. Man, what us old middle aged farts wouldn't give to turn the clock back and have another chance to be teenagers again. The whole world is yours. Trust me on this one, enjoy every day of your life like it was your last. 1980 seems like yesterday to me, and WHAM you wake up one day and realize the fact you are getting older and the process of ageing will consume you just like everyone else. You'll have an ever increasing list of people you can remember who are no longer alive for one reason or another. Then you really know what a waste that was. Hang tough bro,and many sympathies to you and his family.

Good advice! What's worse is noticing your parents get old and realizing you may have to do more for them in the future than we think. Geez, I thought I graduated HS just a couple of years ago :hmm:

RBraczyk
08-30-04, 11:54 PM
THanks it means a lot. I dont think im going to the memorial tommorrow, I've seen too much death in my life and i dont' know how much more i can take. Don't want to be callous at 17 years of age.

Adam
08-31-04, 03:08 AM
let me say i know how bad you feel. ill keep him and his family in my prayers and send them my condolences. at the funeral, my friends brother talked and in his speech he said "God only takes those out of this world the ones he can no longer love from a distance." it helps so send that to the family for me.

CadiJeff
08-31-04, 03:17 AM
He was on anti depressant drugs which happen to make you suicidal and he just broke up with his gf, because she was going to college. Never thought he would do something like that. I'll be on later.

that is exactly what happened to my friend...... why do they continue to sell of all things ANTIDEPRESSANTS that can generate suicidal tendencies,...hell just give them a loaded f'n gun with the the prescription, as if depressed people need help in considering suicide, who the fu** had that genius idea........ sorry sore subject.

CadiJeff
08-31-04, 03:19 AM
THanks it means a lot. I dont think im going to the memorial tommorrow, I've seen too much death in my life and i dont' know how much more i can take. Don't want to be callous at 17 years of age.

I hear ya and at 24 I hope your not as emotionless as I have become as a result of similar situations.

Good Luck

D148L0
08-31-04, 02:36 PM
that is exactly what happened to my friend...... why do they continue to sell of all things ANTIDEPRESSANTS that can generate suicidal tendencies,...hell just give them a loaded f'n gun with the the prescription, as if depressed people need help in considering suicide, who the fu** had that genius idea........ sorry sore subject.
Why? because those drugs help millions of people. You can die after receiving ANY drug. People die instantly because of a single injection of penicillin, and that is no reason to stop selling it.
However, some of those antidepressants have been restricted for young people, and adults with certain conditions, and I agree that more research has to be done in order to more accurately define who and who not to give them to.

Caddy Man
08-31-04, 02:46 PM
same shit just happened to me...my girl broke up with me cuz she was goin to college, not even that far away...thoughts just consume every second of everyday...no matter how hard you try you cant stop thinking about it, and the other person feels so emotionless and callous about the whole thing that it hurts like hell, you kno? but im hangin in there... :banghead:

RBraczyk
08-31-04, 03:33 PM
if you need someone to talk to im here, don't want to lose someone else to something so pointless.

Ralph
08-31-04, 05:41 PM
Hang in there Caddy Man, we've ALL been there! I was sick to my stomach ten years ago for 2 months over a girl moving away, and time heals. It doesnt seem like it at first, but it does.

You are a good guy Robert, and you got my respect!

RBraczyk
09-01-04, 05:57 PM
Why? because those drugs help millions of people. You can die after receiving ANY drug. People die instantly because of a single injection of penicillin, and that is no reason to stop selling it.
However, some of those antidepressants have been restricted for young people, and adults with certain conditions, and I agree that more research has to be done in order to more accurately define who and who not to give them to.

All anti depressants have a track record of "killing" people. 10 in general, mostly from the phizer company i believe. And its a bad crutch thats hard to break free from. I frown upon them.

D148L0
09-01-04, 08:07 PM
All anti depressants have a track record of "killing" people. 10 in general, mostly from the phizer company i believe. And its a bad crutch thats hard to break free from. I frown upon them.
Read what I wrote once more. I never said it doesn't happen, I said that the number of people affected is minimal compared to the number of people that gets positive results. Do some research in medical websites and compare numbers and facts (specially before saying ALL antidepressants). Addiction? sure. People is addicted to cough medicine, pain relievers, you mention it. Why not antidepressants?
So, I wonder: what do you thing should be done with those drugs?

Caddy Man
09-01-04, 10:28 PM
thanks Rbraczyk and Ralph for the concern, i know its tough and everything, i feel like exactly what u said ralph, just makes me so sick to my stomach. its like i tried to be nothing but the best with her, but some things our outta ones control. I know i been feeling like shit, but I know this happens, and time will heal, just been hanging out with my boys lately, spending time, making jokes, i notice that helps, but time in itself will heal any hurt. Thanks guys.

RBraczyk
09-02-04, 12:15 AM
the best way to deal with these kind of things is to grieve, and get over it.

Ralph
09-06-04, 06:30 AM
its like i tried to be nothing but the best with her, but some things our outta ones control.

Sometimes I think this can make things worse in certain situations. They may not respect us as much if we always treat them like Royality. I think that was my fatal flaw in past relationships. I think differing opinions and an occasional arguement is just another form of communication, and may in fact lead to a mutual respect and understanding towards each other in a relationship. It could make the relationship stronger. When we are infatuated with a girl, it certainly is difficult to oppose their opinions and argue with them because the thought may never cross our minds, but it is a way of getting our feelings known despite how crude it seems.

I think if a relationship can withstand an occasional "tiff" then it may be worth pursuing, if not, look elsewhere or we must be prepared to make sacrifices and hold our tongues on opinions, etc.

barge master
09-06-04, 08:45 AM
Amen to that one Ralph, that's just part of lifes ups and downs. I can speak from extensive personal experience on these matters. I went through the wringer in life from the day I drew my first breath, and needless to say, I met a lot of others who did also. I can't count the number of people I've known who have killed themselves, OD'd, died in drunk driving crashes.You name it. Every year someone gets it. Every single year. I thank my lucky stars that I saw the light and realized that I had to get with the program in life. I had a bunch of destructive habits and ass backwards ideas in my head. The only thing that got me on track was a long hard look at reality, and a realization that I was the creator of my own hell. Now life is about as miserable as I choose to make it, regardless of what happens around me or who does what.