: Grandma in the hospital-

97EldoCoupe
04-20-10, 10:07 AM
I don't know if any of my customers will find this or not. I haven't been in the office much yesterday. My Grandma is in the hospital at age 89.

I have a couple of customers waiting for their cars to be finished. I have two engines to ship. Stud kits are shipped up to date.

As determined as I am to work and as much as I know my customers need their cars back, this time I have put family first.

Until I get another update on my Grandma's condition, I am staying here with her. She has always been a good friend to me and has helped me with the business too. When the town kicked me out for having 23 Cadillacs in the front yard a year ago, she let me store them at her place until I found a new shop. I'll never forget being babysat by her when u was 5 years old, the smell of morning coffee at 5am. She always found the right channel for the morning cartoons-

the doctors think she might be dying and this may be the last chance I have to spend time with her. She is strong- and is talking about painting something when she gets out of here :-) but she is bleeding internally and hasn't eaten in a week. Yesterday I was on the way to her house with a pizza and had to pull over for an ambulance- and that ambulance pulled in to the same driveway I had planned to turn in to.

I would post this on my site but I don't know how to work the FTP program on this iPhone yet-

sorry to the owners of a 98 Deville and a 99 STS. Be back in the shop as soon as I can. I just hope there won't be a funeral anytime soon.

I am sorry but today family is coming first.

Nutz
04-20-10, 10:38 AM
Sorry to hear about your grandma. I think it's quite nice of you to inform us here. Best wishes.

Stingroo
04-20-10, 10:47 AM
Hope everything turns out okay. Best of luck to her, and may she be set up on an easel as soon as possible.

Submariner409
04-20-10, 11:13 AM
Both my paternal grandparents died within a month of each other at 93. Many fond memories, just like yours, Jake.

Karen's and my prayers are with her - get her some paint and a good brush to take on the trip if she goes.............

eyekandyboats.inc
04-20-10, 11:22 AM
good luck Jake. Sorry to hear! :(

Ranger
04-20-10, 12:30 PM
Sorry to hear that Jake. Hope all turns out well.

dkozloski
04-20-10, 12:48 PM
I feel your pain. I just put my wife on a plane to go back to Iowa to take care of her mom and dad who are both ailing. I wish the best for your family.

Netjive8
04-20-10, 05:25 PM
Sorry to hear the sad news. I wish the best for your grandmother.

ejguillot
04-20-10, 06:15 PM
Jake,

I wish your grandma a speedy and full recovery. May you enjoy her company for years to come.

Aron9000
04-21-10, 01:39 AM
Best wishes for your Grandma. Sounds like her mind is sharp and she's stubborn, I bet she'll pull through.

V-Eight
04-21-10, 02:44 AM
I'm very sorry to hear that, hopefully she'll be okay.

greencadillacmatt
04-21-10, 03:49 AM
She sounds like a fighter. My best regards to her.

ewill3rd
04-21-10, 09:11 AM
I think it is easy to pick out the higher priority here.
Cars will break, people will need engines, those things will not change.
Grandmothers are way more important dude.
I wish I could have spent some time with mine before she passed away, we were VERY close and I miss her dearly.

Enjoy every second you can with her and tell her we are all hoping for her speedy recovery.

jordan00escalade
04-21-10, 01:12 PM
god bless her.

77CDV
04-21-10, 06:59 PM
Sorry to hear of your grandmother's difficulties. Hope she's better soon.

Craig

97EldoCoupe
04-21-10, 11:05 PM
thanks guys. I still can't log in from any of my PCs so the iPhone must suffice for now.

Her blood pressure is dropping and she asked me if she was supposed to die today.

I got the 99 STS finished and back to it's owner today. The owner of the Deville is hounding me so I'll be working through the night. My family is coming from Texas tomorrow and Ive got to pick them up at the Detroit airport around noon.

I thank you for all of the best wishes. A pastor from the church asked her if she was ready to go and she replied "I've never tried to harm or hurt anyone in any way". Her parents both died when she was 8.

No matter what happens I am proud to have known her and so glad I had the time with her I did. When I told her about the racing charge and my possible jail term/$10k fine/legal fees, she asked
me without even thinking if I needed money and if she could help. Who could ask for more?

77CDV
04-21-10, 11:22 PM
Sounds like an awesome woman. When her time does come, she's surely got a reserved space on the express elevator, straight to the penthouse.

hueterm
04-21-10, 11:40 PM
So sorry to hear...at least you're able to have this time with her. It will mean a lot in the future!

orconn
04-21-10, 11:51 PM
It sounds as though you have had a very special grandmother, who will leave a legacy of love and happy times for her family to remember her by for generations to come.

I hope your customers will cut you some slack as you deal with this sad event. I know those of us at Cadillac Forums understand the difficulties you are having under these trying circumstances.

Rocket88
04-22-10, 12:29 PM
Truly sorry to hear about all of this Jake. Spend every minute you can with her now.

tr's-cts
04-22-10, 06:55 PM
Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Sounds like you two have a bond that will last forever. Bless her and you!

97EldoCoupe
05-01-10, 08:06 PM
Thank you for all of the best wishes.

My Grandma Susan Wiebe has passed away this morning around 10:00am. I was on the road when I got the call.

Not 10 minutes later I got a call from the owner of a black Deville who's HGs I'm replacing giving me $-it for not having it done. I told him the news I just received and he persisted. I hung up on him. I had already told him a week prior that I was ashamed I had not completed his car yet and promised him a $100 discount for every day until it's finished so he could rent a car in the mean time.

My apologies to some of my customers but I only had one Grandparent left and I was very fond of her. I've seen all kinds of people and I have family who I am not proud of - but she was a kind and loving soul and if I could have done anything to make her last moments on earth happy/good ones, I was willing to risk anything to do so.

V-Eight
05-01-10, 08:59 PM
Thank you for all of the best wishes.

My Grandma Susan Wiebe has passed away this morning around 10:00am. I was on the road when I got the call.

Not 10 minutes later I got a call from the owner of a black Deville who's HGs I'm replacing giving me $-it for not having it done. I told him the news I just received and he persisted. I hung up on him. I had already told him a week prior that I was ashamed I had not completed his car yet and promised him a $100 discount for every day until it's finished so he could rent a car in the mean time.

My apologies to some of my customers but I only had one Grandparent left and I was very fond of her. I've seen all kinds of people and I have family who I am not proud of - but she was a kind and loving soul and if I could have done anything to make her last moments on earth happy/good ones, I was willing to risk anything to do so.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm also very sorry to hear that you have to deal with *******s like that.

Stingroo
05-01-10, 09:15 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I couldn't imagine what that feels like...

I'd tell him to come pick his own car up and shove it up his ass. No joke.

hueterm
05-01-10, 09:25 PM
Or tell him you'll have it shipped to the dealer of his choice so they can charge him $3K...

Very sorry for your loss...

77CDV
05-01-10, 09:50 PM
My deepest condolences. Pity some people have zero class.

themadwacker1
05-01-10, 11:23 PM
Sorry for your loss buddy, our condolences. If there is anything Kim or I can do just ask.

Rocket88
05-01-10, 11:44 PM
My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Sounds like she was a great lady.
Oh, and tell the guy to go and F&$k himself.

billc83
05-02-10, 01:01 AM
Your client needs to understand this falls under "extenuating circumstances."

You have my most heartfelt sympathies.

dkozloski
05-02-10, 01:12 AM
You need to hide a dead animal in that guys Deville. You have my greatest sympathy.

93DevilleUSMC
05-02-10, 01:38 PM
Sorry for your Grandmother. Keep us updated on how you're doing.

gary88
05-02-10, 02:15 PM
Sorry to hear it :(

orconn
05-02-10, 04:41 PM
I am sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Grandmother. My condolences to you and your family.

It is unfortunate that self centered jerks add to the stress suffered when a loved one is lost, I hope your family members find help from the services available today and know that eventually the sorrow will be replaced by the wonderful memories of a special grandmother!

ejguillot
05-02-10, 08:04 PM
Jake, I'm really sorry for your loss. Tell that Deville owner that every time he harangues you, his car goes to the bottom of the fix list. (and I second dkoz's idea of the dead animal. Something fishy, placed inside the dash.)

ewill3rd
05-02-10, 09:44 PM
Sad to hear it my friend.
Tell that customer if he is that heartless then maybe he should find someone else to do the work for him!

In the meantime, my heart goes out to you and your family in your time of mourning.
I am sure her soul is free and happy. God bless you for spending time with her.
I didn't have the courage or the strength to spend time with my Grandfather who was the greatest man I ever knew when he was dying and I regret it every day.
I didn't get to spend a moments time with my Grandmother either when she was ill and passed away.

97EldoCoupe
05-03-10, 05:22 PM
Thanks everyone. I told the owner of that car he could come back and pick it up. I almost had the engine out but it's back together now as it was. No charge to the owner i just want to be rid of him.

I have one uncle who never married, never found the right girl. He took care of grandma ever since Grandpa died 24 years ago. It's the hardest on him. I told him to drop by the shop often.

Stud kits are still shipping out as usual. That takes a little less time than the cars.

I'm doing alright. But Ewill- I took your advice and put her first so I did get to spend some time with her while she was sick in the hospital. Thanks man- I find it very hard to leave work because I have to be there for my customers. The decision was tough but I'm glad I chose what I did.

Stingroo
05-03-10, 05:29 PM
It's good that you got to spend time with her. You'll be thankful for that years later, much more so than you would have been for fixing one person's car.

I hope things begin to improve for you man... you seem to have some bad luck this year. :(

ewill3rd
05-03-10, 09:36 PM
My regret is something I carry with me, I can sit here and make myself cry about it anytime I want because it still hurts just as much.

You did the right thing my friend.
You did what mattered.
You feel good about that for a reason.

Ranger
05-04-10, 12:01 AM
My condolences to you and your family Jake.