: purchased a 2005 CTS-V

JDB
04-19-10, 11:13 PM
New to the forum... sorry for any newb questions in the future, but I've been reading the forum for about a month since...

Unfortunately, my heavily modified '01.5 Audi A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro was totaled about a month ago thanks to some woman pulling out in front of me and I had no place to go since she was barely a car length away.

So, my car search included the V. I found a CPO '05 black/black with only 24k miles, never seen a winter, rarely driven in the rain, completely stock, sunroof and the option wheels.

Dealer replaced the front sway bar bushings, has a new NAV/radio waiting for me, new dash pad (bubbled) as well, and ordered the updated rear since mine is singing back at me.

I must be crazy... yesterday, I drove about 600 miles round trip to buy and swap a Corsa exhaust and CAI for my stock stuff. And, it's obvious this car wasn't driven in teh winter/rain since the stock exhaust looked brand new.

odla
04-20-10, 07:51 AM
nice congrats. pictures are a requirement for these types of post.

Houdini
04-20-10, 08:47 AM
Welcome and congrats on the new ride! Sounds like you have a good dealer too....that is a huge plus!

PISNUOFF
04-20-10, 08:47 AM
Nice find. Are you on the east or west end of PA?

rand49er
04-20-10, 02:51 PM
:welcome:

Wow! 24k on an '05 and no rain/snow! VERY nice!

rlj5
04-20-10, 06:51 PM

Congrats on the new ride :thumbsup:

814V
04-20-10, 07:24 PM
welcomez to teh clubz! nice find! 05 FTW!

JDB
04-20-10, 09:57 PM

Wow! 24k on an '05 and no rain/snow! VERY nice!

yes, according to the title, 1st owner put 21k+ on it in a year+, then the 2nd owner only put 2065 miles on it in 3+ years. He was the one that never took it out in the rain. so, maybe it saw one winter, but I doubt it with how clean it looks under it and has F1 GS D3 max perf tires on it. He has (had) 5 cars, so it was a sunny day car only and he said he would start the car every so often in the garage. I wish the first owner would've been as nice to it since the front cover hit a parking curb (more than once?) and 2 of the wheels, which I may just have the cover painted then the wheels refinished when new tires are needed (probably not for awhile since the tires still have a ton of tread left). It needs a full paint detail ASAP. With it being CPO, I decided it was the better car to buy versus one already mod'ed, which I wanted to be the one to do them... it's half the fun of cars and you learn more about the car and mods that way.

JDB
04-20-10, 10:06 PM
Welcome and congrats on the new ride! Sounds like you have a good dealer too....that is a huge plus!

yup. I picked it up 3/20 and had appt that following Sat for an alignment and had the dealer do it since they were cheaper than the race shop that I use(d) with my A4 and obviously know the V. I came in first thing in the morning at 7am and didn't leave until after 9 until we got it dialed in where I wanted it with more neg camber up front and 0 toe, and just slight toe-in in the rear. the stock settings just seem so conservative and the car was clearly out of alignment, which is was. I was out in the service bay with the tech a couple of times -- they didn't mind. nice group of car guys there.

I noticed the sway bar bushings driving it to teh dealer, and since then, I go in, tell them something else, they order the parts, new appt... repeat. :D they plan to do the NAV/dash pad/rear gear & shafts in one appt, though.

JDB
04-20-10, 10:34 PM
nice congrats. pictures are a requirement for these types of post.

ok :)

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1411&pictureid=6716

I hate the front plate, which appears to be held on with rivets -- so drilling it out and plugs won't look great, but better than this. or, just have a body shop fill them, repaint the cover, and have paint protection put on it.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1411&pictureid=6717

cvettr/cts-v
04-21-10, 01:18 AM
Very nice , congrats.

Caddy916Squad
04-21-10, 02:27 AM
purrddddyyy :)

Castro
04-21-10, 10:57 AM
yup. I picked it up 3/20 and had appt that following Sat for an alignment and had the dealer do it since they were cheaper than the race shop that I use(d) with my A4 and obviously know the V. I came in first thing in the morning at 7am and didn't leave until after 9 until we got it dialed in where I wanted it with more neg camber up front and 0 toe, and just slight toe-in in the rear. the stock settings just seem so conservative and the car was clearly out of alignment, which is was. I was out in the service bay with the tech a couple of times -- they didn't mind. nice group of car guys there.

I noticed the sway bar bushings driving it to teh dealer, and since then, I go in, tell them something else, they order the parts, new appt... repeat. :D they plan to do the NAV/dash pad/rear gear & shafts in one appt, though.

Very nice, I just got my 05 black/black a couple weeks ago too. It's still in the shop getting the front bumper replaced and the CS mounts/diff bushing and UUC shifter installed. I'm pretty sure I need an alignment as well, do you mind sharing what they charged for it?

Caddy916Squad
04-21-10, 03:06 PM
drop her low :2thumbs:

JDB
04-22-10, 10:22 PM
Very nice, I just got my 05 black/black a couple weeks ago too. It's still in the shop getting the front bumper replaced and the CS mounts/diff bushing and UUC shifter installed. I'm pretty sure I need an alignment as well, do you mind sharing what they charged for it?

flat rate of $89.99, which I told them when I showed up that I didn't mind paying another .5-1.0 hour of labor extra to get it dialed in to the numbers that I wanted, which I knew was beyond stock and the car was out of alignment anyway. so, a typical 1-1.5 hour alignment wasn't going to be enough time, and he did spend 2+ on it. They didn't want anything extra and said that it'll be a wash as they do more warranty work on the car. :thumbsup:

JDB
04-22-10, 10:26 PM
drop her low :2thumbs:

Since I tracked my A4, I had (have) a stiff set of coilovers on it with 600/750 spring rates on a ~3100 lb car (dropped about 150 lbs from stock ...with mods, lightweight battery, and CF). back breaking on long trips.

at some point, I will probably do a set of coilovers, but, for now... I'm content to learn the handling of the V before I decide what I want out of the suspension.

frdplay
04-22-10, 11:00 PM
do you mind me asking what you gave for it? I'm in market too.

Nice ride and CONGRATS!

Castro
04-23-10, 11:08 AM
Not bad I'll have to get mine done next week, thanks for the reply.