: 1999 Deville wont start after engine swap?

aac123
04-18-10, 08:27 PM
Hello, i swapped a blown 1999 engine with a norms 1999 engine, both devilles.

got all hooked up and it cranks all day strong but wont fire up just cranks...

Things I have checked...

Fuel pump on and running

Fuel coming out of service port strong

relays all electrical

triple checked all grounds, fuses, relays and all electrical

wires and plugs triple checked

2 diff new batterys

If you got any ideas thanks alot. If I figure it out Ill post back...

aac123
04-19-10, 09:44 PM
Could it be a security thing not letting the injectors work???

I took the donor cars computer under the air box, the brake computer, and the one under glove box.

Do I need to swap something on the steering wheel or cluster????

Thanks

Ranger
04-19-10, 09:48 PM
Are you using the donors key?

aac123
04-19-10, 09:58 PM
no im not, do i need to do one of the following

A. Switch donor ignition lock

B. Put original computers back on instead of donors?

Ranger
04-19-10, 10:04 PM
I think so. The security system is reading the wrong key code. Why did you swap PCM's?

OR I think you can reprogram your key. Might try this first.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/176598-program-your-own-pk3-keys.html

aac123
04-19-10, 10:12 PM
I think so. The security system is reading the wrong key code. Why did you swap PCM's?

OR I think you can reprogram your key. Might try this first.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/176598-program-your-own-pk3-keys.html

I just left everything plugged up on the wiring harness, unhooked from under glove box and fuse block then laid pcm on top of engine when i dropped cradle.

I think i need to put all original computers back in. Ill let you know tomorrow.

Thanks alot

tateos
04-19-10, 11:20 PM
Yup - Ranger has you on the right track - the key does match up go with that PCM. For a test, you can try bypassing the VATS system by disconnecting the (yellow?) wire under the steering column.

Ranger
04-20-10, 11:33 AM
Tateos, he has a '99. Does that still have VATS? I thought it may have the newer PASSKEY.

KHE
04-20-10, 12:39 PM
Keep your car's PCM and you don't need to change the lock cylinder. Make sure all four igintion module plugs are plugged into the ignition control module.

aac123
04-20-10, 05:37 PM
Thanks alot guys this morning I switched the pcm and the one under the glove box. Boom it started right up. Amazing they program the car to do everything but let the fuel injectors to prevent starting.

So how would I convert the mileage of donor engine into the blown engine body? Do I need to swap cluster, ignition lock, and all computers?

This was my original intent, to switch the mileage...

Ranger
04-20-10, 10:17 PM
I forget if the mileage is stored in the PCM or the DIC, but be advised I think that is illegal. I think the mileage is supposed to stay with the car, not the engine.

tateos
04-20-10, 11:32 PM
Tateos, he has a '99. Does that still have VATS? I thought it may have the newer PASSKEY.

Oh - sorry - you're probably right, Ranger

Richard Moore