: 2 CTS-V in Rochester Hills, MI in 1 day

Driven2slow
04-17-10, 10:38 PM
So today i saw 2 cts-v both in rochester hills, MI. Its rare to see a cts-v in MI, let alone 2 in one day within half an hour of each other.

Both were black. One was driving down Auburn road, i think had corsa exhaust and the second was parked at Lifetime Fitness in Rochester Hills. Was wondering if they're both on here.

Bigron
04-17-10, 10:53 PM
Rare to see a CTS-V in MI?
You need to get out more. I see one or two a day. I think MI probably has the most in the country.

Driven2slow
04-17-10, 11:03 PM
Rare to see a CTS-V in MI?
You need to get out more. I see one or two a day. I think MI probably has the most in the country.

1 or 2 a day? Impossible, i never see 1 a day and I drive 100 miles a day through out metro detroit, highways, main roads and side roads. I usually see 1 every 2 weeks.

soulja
04-18-10, 01:11 AM
Nah, I drive 100+ miles a day and see at least 2-3 a week. Michigan does have the most V's.

Driven2slow
04-18-10, 01:37 AM
You guys probably see me all the time cause in one day I go from warren, to woodhaven than up to auburn hills than back to warren.

rand49er
04-18-10, 07:22 AM
Funny, we probably have the most Vs around here, but the lowest percentage of V owners actually on here.

Just don't understand it. :helpless:

EDIT: Hey, are we doing Baker's on their opening day? Sunday, May 2, starting between noon and 2 pm?

JD03Cobra
04-18-10, 08:30 AM
EDIT: Hey, are we doing Baker's on their opening day? Sunday, May 2, starting between noon and 2 pm?

Count me in! I was just thinking the same thing yesterday when I drove past Bakers.

Den_93
04-18-10, 08:59 AM
I'm a maybe for Bakers. Saw a Stealth Grey V yesterday on M5, thought it was Randy, but the guy was driving too fast (I was in driving the wife's car). I think I also JD on Pontiac Trail.

MAPerformance
04-18-10, 02:29 PM
Damn, I should move back to Michigan! haha. There is only a couple V's in Minnesota. I will be back in Michigan to pick up some stuff from my house there, we should all meet up!

rand49er
04-18-10, 03:12 PM
Count me in! I was just thinking the same thing yesterday when I drove past Bakers.Cool!

Damn, I should move back to Michigan! haha. There is only a couple V's in Minnesota. I will be back in Michigan to pick up some stuff from my house there, we should all meet up!When're you coming?

... thought it was Randy, but the guy was driving too fast ...:thepan:

Den_93
04-18-10, 06:03 PM
Damn, I should move back to Michigan! haha. There is only a couple V's in Minnesota. I will be back in Michigan to pick up some stuff from my house there, we should all meet up!

Bring your goodies with you!

soulja
04-18-10, 06:07 PM
You guys probably see me all the time cause in one day I go from warren, to woodhaven than up to auburn hills than back to warren.

I have most likely seen you then cause I drive out to Auburn Hills for work.

JD03Cobra
04-19-10, 12:38 PM
I think I also JD on Pontiac Trail.

Yeah it's probably me...I keep seeing a Black V on Commerce Road, I thought it was you.

rand49er
04-19-10, 01:23 PM
Anybody hear of some kind of musclecar show or something in Novi this coming Saturday at 10 am?

Friend from church says his SRT8 buddies are meeting up there near the iMagine theatre at the fountain next to the Great Indoors northeast of the I-96/Novi Rd intersection.

JD03Cobra
04-19-10, 03:42 PM
Anybody hear of some kind of musclecar show or something in Novi this coming Saturday at 10 am?

Friend from church says his SRT8 buddies are meeting up there near the iMagine theatre at the fountain next to the Great Indoors northeast of the I-96/Novi Rd intersection.

I checked Motown Muscle and didn't see anything scheduled...they usually meet up there.

MAPerformance
04-19-10, 07:28 PM
Yea, there used to be quite a few meets up there. I miss the eMagine theater. My fiance lived in Novi on Inkster/12mile (I guess Franklin TWP) That theater serves BEER!! yumm yumm..

Its sad, I miss Michigan but there wasn't any money there for me so I had to move out here.

MAPerformance
04-19-10, 07:29 PM
Cool!

When're you coming?

:thepan:

I'll let you know when I come, I'll make a post. I have to come back to pick up some things at my house.

-Adam

rand49er
04-19-10, 09:45 PM
... Its sad, I miss Michigan but there wasn't any money there for me so I had to move out here.The ONLY good thing about the horrible economy around here is that the place ain't changing. No new housing, no new developments, no new roads, no new leadership in Lansing (<-- oops, that last one is a bad thing).

It'll look almost exactly the same as now in a dozen years, I'm figuring.

I'll let you know when I come, I'll make a post. I have to come back to pick up some things at my house.

-AdamAdam, you don't how tough it is to get these guyz around here to all come to an event ... me included. Summers are short, and every weekend gets planned for something real fast, so if you don't show up on May 2, better schedule your trip back here during the Dream Cruise in August. :rolleyes:

Den_93
04-19-10, 09:46 PM

Rock Financial has the "Michigan International Spring Classic Car Show and Auction" this Sat/Sun.

I can probably make it at 11:00, drop the kid and wife at great indoors!

http://www.eventcrazy.com/events/Novi-MI/Michigan-International-Spring-Classic-Car-Show-and-Auction-67019

GMBOUND
04-20-10, 07:26 AM
I usually can't log on to the forum cause I'm always on the road! There's plenty of V's out here man.

GMBOUND
04-20-10, 07:29 AM
One thing I love about living in SE Michigan is neighbors who really appreciate the sound of a B&B exhaust mounted to an LS2 engine! In Kansas my neighbors hated my car and complained to my wife that my car would shake their china cabinet. We don't have China cabinets in Detroit! lol

JD03Cobra
04-20-10, 08:40 AM
One thing I love about living in SE Michigan is neighbors who really appreciate the sound of a B&B exhaust mounted to an LS2 engine! In Kansas my neighbors hated my car and complained to my wife that my car would shake their china cabinet. We don't have China cabinets in Detroit! lol

Isn't that the truth...My next door neighbor (about 70) constantly eyeing my V trying to figure out what it is. He see's the Cadillac symbol but when I start it up he's confused.

GMBOUND - Good to see you on the board...Been a while.

Driven2slow
04-20-10, 10:20 AM
Theres a little get together held at the beginning for every month, open to anyone with any type of car:

Detroit Cars & Coffee

Date: Saturday, May 1, 2010
Time: 8:30am - 11:00am
Street: 1333 North Coolidge Hwy Troy, MI

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=114716545223420

PJGross
04-20-10, 03:27 PM
We were out Saturday, but over in Waterford.
It's good to get the V out of hibernation!

I'm afraid to meet up with you guys. I really need a short throw shifter (after trying out Randy's last year) and who knows what else I'll have to get after seeing everyone else's setups.

-PJ

rand49er
04-21-10, 07:56 AM
We were out Saturday, but over in Waterford.
It's good to get the V out of hibernation!

I'm afraid to meet up with you guys. I really need a short throw shifter (after trying out Randy's last year) and who knows what else I'll have to get after seeing everyone else's setups.

-PJPM PISNUOFF about modifying your OEM shifter. Might be a good option.

PJGross
04-21-10, 08:14 AM
^^If I could only PM, I would! :)
How many posts do you need to PM?

I'll do a search for PISNUOFF and shifter.

-PJ

rand49er
04-21-10, 08:33 AM
Holy moly! I just checked, and you've got only 14 posts! :thepan:

You need to waste more of your life and post more. :rolleyes: You could always throw a few buck$ in the till, too. Well worth the money.

Yeah, a search should reveal that thread pretty quickly. Post up, and Brian should respond back.

GMBOUND
04-21-10, 09:32 PM
Isn't that the truth...My next door neighbor (about 70) constantly eyeing my V trying to figure out what it is. He see's the Cadillac symbol but when I start it up he's confused.

GMBOUND - Good to see you on the board...Been a while.

I know, I feel like a NOOB now, I've been extremely busy b/t work, kids activities and church I barely have time for the play on the web. Then at work our IT dept has everything so locked down that it takes 30 mins + to perform any functions outside the intranet.

I'm trying to make a better effort to check in at least once a week

Driven2slow
04-27-10, 08:04 PM
Saw a silver V today in Rochester heading north on Adams Rd.

rand49er
04-27-10, 09:41 PM
Uh-oh. Sunday's looking to be a bit wet with scattered thunderstorms predicted. That'll thin the crowd at Baker's ... including me.

Driven2slow
04-27-10, 10:40 PM
Uh-oh. Sunday's looking to be a bit wet with scattered thunderstorms predicted. That'll thin the crowd at Baker's ... including me.

Whats Bakers?

rand49er
04-27-10, 10:53 PM
Baker's is a restaurant about 1-1/2 miles south of Milford on Milford Rd. Every Sunday in the summer, they have a huge, free car show. Quality stuff, too. Lots of Vettes, Mopars, 'Stangs, Cobras, old stuff, new stuff, street rods, and stuff you wouldn't believe they'd allow on the street. People come from all over.

Several of us (6 or 7?) met up there last year on opening day. Weather was perfect (sunny, 70 deg). Suppose to start at 2 pm, but cars start arriving 10 am. LOTS of parking, hundreds of cars.

Oh, yeah, I forgot. It's about 20 minutes from where I live. ;)

52many
05-02-10, 09:10 AM
Baker's is a restaurant about 1-1/2 miles south of Milford on Milford Rd. Every Sunday in the summer, they have a huge, free car show. Quality stuff, too. Lots of Vettes, Mopars, 'Stangs, Cobras, old stuff, new stuff, street rods, and stuff you wouldn't believe they'd allow on the street. People come from all over.

Several of us (6 or 7?) met up there last year on opening day. Weather was perfect (sunny, 70 deg). Suppose to start at 2 pm, but cars start arriving 10 am. LOTS of parking, hundreds of cars.

Oh, yeah, I forgot. It's about 20 minutes from where I live. ;)

Anybody going to this?
I am!
Who cares about the rain. :want:

radix
05-03-10, 10:35 PM
I have a '05 V (Silver) and live in Rochester Hills... hope no one sees me though...:cool2: :shhh:

Still, not too many Vs around, which is fun. I don't think I have seen more than 2 of the V2s yet. Kinda surprised at the relatively numerous STS-V I have seen over the last few years....

Driven2slow
05-04-10, 01:19 AM
I have a '05 V (Silver) and live in Rochester Hills... hope no one sees me though...:cool2: :shhh:

Still, not too many Vs around, which is fun. I don't think I have seen more than 2 of the V2s yet. Kinda surprised at the relatively numerous STS-V I have seen over the last few years....

I bet it was you I saw driving up adams rd talking on your cellphone.

rand49er
05-04-10, 06:07 PM

Still, not too many Vs around, which is fun. I don't think I have seen more than 2 of the V2s yet. Kinda surprised at the relatively numerous STS-V I have seen over the last few years....Where do you live?

I grew up there and went to school from 2nd grade through high school then back after grad school. Moved to Farmington Hills in late '01 then to lovely South Lyon on day of big east coast power failure in '03.

EDIT: If my wife is working this Sunday, I'd be up for trying to do Baker's this Sunday if it's dry. Bear in mind, everybody, it's Mother's Day, so plan accordingly. You're too old for the Vienna Boys' Choir (if you know what I mean).

JD03Cobra
05-05-10, 08:24 AM
I should be available this Sunday as well. Let's see what the weather brings.

radix
05-06-10, 12:14 AM
Where do you live?

I grew up there and went to school from 2nd grade through high school then back after grad school. Moved to Farmington Hills in late '01 then to lovely South Lyon on day of big east coast power failure in '03.

EDIT: If my wife is working this Sunday, I'd be up for trying to do Baker's this Sunday if it's dry. Bear in mind, everybody, it's Mother's Day, so plan accordingly. You're too old for the Vienna Boys' Choir (if you know what I mean).

East side of town. Unfortunately I am traveling for the next 2 weeks so Bakers is a no-go, but it sounds pretty cool.

In any case, mother's day is kinda a big deal, thanks for the heads-up :holycrap:

rand49er
05-09-10, 01:22 PM
Just got home from church. Power going out every few hours ... wife is home early from work and now taking a nap ... 7-yr-old son doesn't want to go ... can't leave him here while she's napping ... :banghead:

Hm-m ... maybe I can bribe my son. :lildevil:

rand49er
05-09-10, 08:02 PM
The bribe worked!

Saw Den_93 and Mrs. Den_ 93 and Den_93, Jr and canine Den_93. BTW, you're car is looking good with that new hood. Sounds good, too! :thumbsup:

frdplay
05-09-10, 08:05 PM
Funny, you mention this... I was in Rochester Hills today with mine and would've been 3 that you seen. I also seen a second one today in Clinton Township, same as mine... balck on black.

rand49er
05-09-10, 08:54 PM
Really wished I still lived there ... Rochester Hills that is. Special place for me. :crybaby:

(Dang cabernet is making me feel sappy! :rant2:)

Seriously, Baker's was GREAT today! Not full, but quality cars for sure.

As I told a guy there who said his car ('65 Impala with a 454 cu in 4-spd in it), my wife is lucky we don't have a pole barn or a 10-car garage.

I want a Cobra. That's just the start.