: Wheel weight comparo:OEM,accessory, TD

soflarick
04-17-10, 10:15 AM
I was able to do a weight comparison between the V1 OEM, Team Dynamics, and GM accessory wheels. Thought someone here would find it useful.

All tires in the comparison are 245/45-18. Hankook states the V12 weighs 27 lbs, Bridgestone states the RE11 weighs 28 lbs. The RE11 has some road time on it, so that may account for slight weight difference. V12 tires have very little mileage, so it basically has full tread.

OEM wheel w/Hankook V12s, 54 lbs.
TD wheel w/RE11, 49 lbs.
GM accessory wheel w/Hankook V12, 51 lbs.

OEM and GM wheels are 18x8.5", TD wheel is 18x9.

thebigjimsho
04-17-10, 03:46 PM
Aww, crap. I think the accessory wheels look like p00p. Then you go and drop definitive proof of the benefits...

soflarick
04-17-10, 03:54 PM
They look great on my Thunder Gray V. I was a little apprehensive at first, not usually into the "chrome/polished" look, but the wheels work quite well with the body color.

ROG
04-17-10, 06:22 PM
They look great on my Thunder Gray V. I was a little apprehensive at first, not usually into the "chrome/polished" look, but the wheels work quite well with the body color.

They look good on Redline/Infrared also!! :yup:

Driven2slow
04-18-10, 03:17 AM

I didnt like them at first, but when i got my car and saw them in person, they look good on my black V.

crankedupforit
04-18-10, 11:48 AM
The accessory wheels are very fetching. They really accentuate the calipers and rotors and are a great look. The stock Italian made Speedlines (OEM Ferarri and Porsche) may be of better quality than the Taiwan accessory wheels and they would probably be very expensive if they were produced in low quantity as an accessory wheel. If I was looking for another set I would definitely go with the GM accessory wheels.