: I Quit!

Ranger
04-17-10, 02:40 AM
43 years, 6 months and 25 days is enough. I signed my last flight release and dispatched my last flight a few hours ago. I now happily join the ranks of the unemployed. I RETIRED! :banana::woohoo:

gdwriter
04-17-10, 02:42 AM
Congratulations, Larry! Enjoy your retirement; you deserve it.

Jesda
04-17-10, 02:45 AM
Now you can get your post count up! :D

Ranger
04-17-10, 02:54 AM
Now you can get your post count up! :D

:histeric:

dkozloski
04-17-10, 03:01 AM
Anybody that is in a position to retire that doesn't is nuts.

V-Eight
04-17-10, 09:50 AM
Congratulations, enjoy it!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-17-10, 10:17 AM
Congrats and thanks for keeping the skies safe! Isn't being a flight dispatcher one of the most stressful jobs in the world?

CIWS
04-17-10, 10:46 AM
Great Ranger, Congrats ! Now you get to go live the happy life. :)

The Tony Show
04-17-10, 12:04 PM
:highfive:

ThumperPup
04-17-10, 12:14 PM
Congrats Ranger
take your retirment and enjoy it

Rolex
04-17-10, 12:40 PM
:cheers:

Congratulations. My father retired a couple years ago and seems quite happy about it. Enjoy life and make every day count.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-17-10, 01:08 PM
Now you gotta do what everyone else does when they retire....Buy a Cadillac!

Oh, wait a second......

Submariner409
04-17-10, 01:57 PM
Now you gotta do what everyone else who owns a Cadillac does when they retire... take care of it !!!

and don't wait a second ...

FrankT
04-17-10, 02:33 PM
Hey Ranger way to go!

:cheers:

Congratulations! enjoy your time off.

93DevilleUSMC
04-17-10, 03:51 PM
Congrats, Ranger!

thebigjimsho
04-17-10, 04:19 PM
Congrats, Ranger! Now go whoop RT's ass...

wait, wut?

Actually, leave that to me...

wait, wut?

77CDV
04-17-10, 04:25 PM
Excellent! Enjoy it for all of us too young yet to be near it.

eldorado99
04-17-10, 04:52 PM
Congratulations! Time to catch up on your hobbies. Enjoy it!

hueterm
04-17-10, 05:14 PM
Congratulations!

concorso
04-17-10, 05:16 PM
Anybody that is in a position to retire that doesn't is nuts.Tell that to my father. He retired...for 6 months. He started up a new business and now works more then he did before he retired. He's happy,content, and about to turn 70! :) The only time he was 'nuts' was when he had nothing to do.

orconn
04-17-10, 05:17 PM
Far from quitting, I'd say you crossed the finish line! Congratulations on your retirement, may you get to do all those things you've been planning on doing, and many more things you haven't even thought of yet!

Jesda
04-17-10, 06:05 PM
I think its time for some Jesda-style road trip pics.

Sevillian273
04-17-10, 06:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwmtz61ncsk

Florian
04-17-10, 09:01 PM
Props to you, Ranger! Enjoy the timeoff, and thank you for your service!

F

Ranger
04-17-10, 10:57 PM
Thanks guys!

Anybody that is in a position to retire that doesn't is nuts.
Turned 62 on the 15th. Last work day was the 16th.

Isn't being a flight dispatcher one of the most stressful jobs in the world?
Nah. You're thinking of ATC (Air Traffic Controller). Even then only the tower guys or TRACON at a busy hub. Don't get me wrong, there have been days when I was busier than a one legged man at an ass kicking party and took my lunch home with me, but that is not the norm. There where even a few pucker days like when I got a radio call that the Capt was having a heart attack, 911. Fortunately I never had a hull loss (crash) or hijacking.

Now you gotta do what everyone else who owns a Cadillac does when they retire... take care of it !!!

and don't wait a second ...
Spring cleaning is planned for the next warm day, wash, wax, clean TB, wheels, interior and engine bay. Then again, maybe I'll stretch that out over a week. Why do today what I can put off till tomorrow.

Now go whoop RT's ass...
Something tells me that might be a real chore. :rollingpin::hide:

I think its time for some Jesda-style road trip pics.
First one is planned for June. See you there.

Stingroo
04-17-10, 11:10 PM
Then July! [/shameless plug]

gary88
04-17-10, 11:15 PM
Congrats!

RightTurn
04-17-10, 11:19 PM
Something tells me that might be a real chore. :rollingpin::hide:

:suspect:

Congrats, Ranger!! :woot:

97EldoCoupe
04-17-10, 11:25 PM
Hey Larry that's awesome! Want a new job? Handle my tech line- LOL I hope u have a very enjoyful retirement and keep driving a Caddy. They're not just for retired folks and if someone pulls up beside you in a Camaro or a Mustang, make sure you show them!

I hope you'll stay around the forums and keep posting. Hey if you ever decide to make a trip to Ontario, you have to stop in here and say hi- as I have planned at your place when I finally leave for my little trip.

Hey everyone- we need to get together and get Ranger a retirement gift!!!! How about a set of 20" rims for his DHS?! :D

MacMuse
04-17-10, 11:28 PM
:usflag:

Congratulations Sir.

:usflag:

billc83
04-18-10, 12:39 AM
Congrats, man.

GizmoQ
04-18-10, 12:39 AM
Hey everyone- we need to get together and get Ranger a retirement gift!!!! How about a set of 20" rims for his DHS?! :D

:rofl:

After he talked about my spokes... I'm in!

And welcome to the club.

ejguillot
04-18-10, 12:58 AM
Congratulations Ranger! Enjoy a well earned retirement. I figure that retirement is something that I'll never see, no matter how much I try to save (by the time I'm retirement age, Social Security will be extinct, and the feds will tax any savings so heavily they might as well take it all).

CadillacCastle
04-18-10, 01:44 AM
Congratulations 43 years, 6 months and 25 days , wow that is a long time. I hope you adjust better than my brother who just retired 9 months ago, he has been from NY to Nevada, he broke both pelvis snow skiing, and he tore his rotary cup slipping down in his driveway and now recovering from surgery. I am hope you can take it easy and relax. And will you be moving to Florida soon? J/K

ben.gators
04-18-10, 03:14 AM
Congrats Ranger, you are a great guy in the forum, helping the people a lot, I am sure you have had the same situation in your workplace too, a guy that others always can count on him. I am pretty sure they are going to miss you.

Anyway, enjoy your retirement....:)

Kev
04-18-10, 11:30 AM
So, are you double dipping or is all that time active duty?

Ranger
04-18-10, 11:41 AM
I hope u have a very enjoyful retirement and keep driving a Caddy.
Been driving them since I was 26. Ain't gonna quit now, but the DHS won't see nearly the miles as it used to. Could be my last, who knows.

I hope you'll stay around the forums and keep posting.
Not planning on leaving here either.

Hey if you ever decide to make a trip to Ontario, you have to stop in here and say hi- as I have planned at your place when I finally leave for my little trip.
No question anymore as to my work schedule. I'll be here.

we need to get together and get Ranger a retirement gift!!!! How about a set of 20" rims for his DHS?!
:tisk:

I am hope you can take it easy and relax.
My plans exactly.

And will you be moving to Florida soon?
Not a chance.

I am pretty sure they are going to miss you.
They gave me a pretty spectacular send off. Won't miss the company, but I WILL miss a great bunch of people.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-18-10, 11:46 AM
We'll have a drink to your retirement in June!

mtflight
04-18-10, 07:48 PM
Wow the big day finally arrived.. congrats Ranger. You earned it! So you won't be coming back down to Dallas to buy another one in the future?

Nutz
04-18-10, 11:24 PM
Sounds like a little extra time to push a few 12oz. tins!

Congrats Ranger.

mtflight
04-18-10, 11:31 PM
Sounds like a little extra time to push a few 12oz. tins!

Congrats Ranger.

I think he's a martini kinda guy... shaken, not stirred...

Nutz
04-18-10, 11:39 PM
Sounds like a little extra time to shake a few 16oz. tins!

Congrats Mr. Bond.In that case...:thumbsup:

Ranger
04-18-10, 11:40 PM
Looks like a I am gonna get to push more than just 12 oz. of tin. My wife had a "surprise" party for me today (I was on to it). The best part though was that she and my daughters gave me a gift certificate to the Richard Petty Driving experience at Joliet Raceway. I'm gonna get to drive one of those bad boys! :burn: :woohoo:

Nutz
04-18-10, 11:47 PM
Seems damn perfect since you put in http://image.stockcarracing.com/f/10335006+w750+st0/scrp_0408_z+richard_petty+43.jpg
years!

Awesome gift!

orconn
04-18-10, 11:50 PM
What a great gift! And perhaps not a bad idea for Jesda's mom too!

My sister-in-law, a retired school librarian got the stock car driving experience gift for a sesssion at Dover Raceway and thoroughly enjoyed it. Sounds like a lot of fun!

gdwriter
04-19-10, 01:35 AM
Looks like a I am gonna get to push more than just 12 oz. of tin. My wife had a "surprise" party for me today (I was on to it). The best part though was that she and my daughters gave me a gift certificate to the Richard Petty Driving experience at Joliet Raceway. I'm gonna get to drive one of those bad boys! :burn: :woohoo:Hot damn, Larry! I am seriously jealous. You have an amazing wife and daughters.

ted tcb
04-19-10, 01:04 PM
Well done, Larry.

I'll raise a glass or two to your continued good health and helpful advice you bring to the forum (should toast Sub, too, based on that criteria:))

Destroyer
04-19-10, 11:32 PM
Bravo Ranger! F 'em. You did the right thing! Good luck to you. :thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-20-10, 01:18 AM
Well, that certainly beats my birthday present of a McDonalds gift card! Congrats Larry!

77CDV
04-20-10, 02:07 AM
^Really? 23 and all you got was a Micky D's gift card? You really need better friends! :lol:

Ranger
04-20-10, 12:16 PM
Thanks Destroyer. It was time.

Yeah, sounds like I did considerably better than you Chad. When I do it I'll post a write up about the experience and maybe some pics if I can.

MacMuse
04-20-10, 12:42 PM
... When I do it I'll post a write up about the experience and maybe some pics if I can.

Or let us know when, and we can do a mini-meet and provide a cheering section. I wonder if they let people in to watch those activities??...

Ranger
04-20-10, 01:58 PM
I think they do because there is no reservations needed for the ride a longs, first come first served. Not to mention, this is a money maker. You watch, you get excited and sign up. Cha Ching. My daughter want to come along and take pictures as well as my brother in law and I think my buddy might as well. Will advise when I pick a date.

MacMuse
04-21-10, 04:22 PM
... Will advise when I pick a date.

Don't forget that most of us are still stuck in 9-5 situation :( :( and would be limited to weekend watching.

N*Caddy
04-21-10, 08:15 PM
Uaw, CONGRATS!
You actually made it...the way I go not sure I will last more than 5 years from now. I work for only 11 years (nowhere close) and never had a vacation at all.
I mean I had few days of "vacation" here and there (for studying/going to exams, submitting forms and such) but never got a chance to actually go for a vacation somewhere.

Hope we will get together for a drink at my retirement!
I surely pack next day for California/Florida/Texas/Arizona if I am not already there by then.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-21-10, 09:07 PM
^Really? 23 and all you got was a Micky D's gift card? You really need better friends! :lol:

Oh I was embellishing a bit, it was a Burger King gift card. I could only dream of a McD's gift card. My life would be complete. :rolleyes:

Ranger
04-21-10, 11:53 PM
Don't forget that most of us are still stuck in 9-5 situation :( :( and would be limited to weekend watching.
Can't promise, but I'll keep that in mind.

Netjive8
04-22-10, 07:25 PM
Congratulations! Happy retirement!:2thumbs: