: Chicago V Meet - August 21st 2010

Redxped1
04-16-10, 04:48 PM
This past week ive seen 3 two blacks and 1 redline in bloomingdale near gary and army trail stealth gray stsv here

KaMaSuTrA
04-17-10, 01:36 PM
One of the Black Ravens may have been me, by any chance were you at Strats last night? I saw a Stealth Gray STS-V there while I was waiting for my hotdog.

I also saw a Redline colored XLR down Rohlwing Rd too yesterday. Older gentleman and his wife cruising.

thebigjimsho
04-17-10, 02:51 PM
What does the Chicago V own??

Redxped1
04-17-10, 05:08 PM
yeah that was me up at strats last night

SkullV
04-17-10, 05:16 PM
I'm a Chicago V owner currently living in West Lafayette until July. I'll be living downtown starting in August, hopefully we can get some meets together!

crankedupforit
04-17-10, 05:21 PM
I'm a cheeser but work in Chi-town everyday. We should start a fraternity.

10-4
04-17-10, 08:20 PM
I'm down with a Chicago meet. somebody name the time and place.......

WIBuckeye
04-17-10, 08:47 PM
Another cheesehead that drives south everyday. I have seen 3-4 different V's down in the Northbrook area where I work.

KaMaSuTrA
04-18-10, 12:47 AM
I'm down for a Chicago V meet!

yeah that was me up at strats last night

Clean ride man, I haven't been there in months and it was good to see a nice V there.

jballer88
04-18-10, 07:18 AM
I live in lincoln park, have seen 1 V around here only

Gus_Mahn
04-18-10, 11:00 AM
NW Indiana guy here, but my red V and I spend a lot of time on the south side, by UIC, and by the United Center.

We had three V's at the last test and tune at US 41. Looking at this thread, I bet we can have more next time.

Redxped1
04-18-10, 11:24 AM
we should set up a meet i might be selling the stsv and getting a 07 ctsv do to lack of aftermarket and i love my ls motors

SkullV
04-18-10, 02:25 PM
we should set up a meet i might be selling the stsv and getting a 07 ctsv do to lack of aftermarket and i love my ls motors

PM me about that STS-V....I may be interested in a little swap....

lollygagger8
04-18-10, 08:43 PM
Im in NE indiana but id come out for a chitown meet!

c4ss
04-19-10, 03:01 PM
I was just north of Chicago this weekend in Evanston for a lacrosse game (sister plays for Northwestern girls lacrosse). The traffic in Chicago is no joke...and that's coming from a guy that lives right outside of NYC. Pretty damn brutal, that's for sure.

nmaier2201
04-19-10, 05:25 PM
Another cheesehead that drives south everyday. I have seen 3-4 different V's down in the Northbrook area where I work.

This past week ive seen 3 two blacks and 1 redline in bloomingdale near gary and army trail stealth gray stsv here

That was me... and that was also me. I work in Northbrook and live just east of bloomingdale.

I did see that Red STS-V... almost broke my neck looking for the V badge as we passed each other. Somehow I totally missed the CTS-V... funny usually I'm on the lookout. We are almost neighbors... I'm in a Raven V though..

nmaier2201
04-19-10, 05:27 PM
I was just north of Chicago this weekend in Evanston for a lacrosse game (sister plays for Northwestern girls lacrosse). The traffic in Chicago is no joke...and that's coming from a guy that lives right outside of NYC. Pretty damn brutal, that's for sure.

May I suggest a 160 tstat for anyone sweltering in stop and go traffic in the windy city... Your motor will thank you :)

crankedupforit
04-19-10, 05:33 PM
:grouphug: Last year Jimmy H helped put together a Cadillac meet for the guys on the other Cadi forum (Fleetwoods and Devilles and suchtits:caddy:). The event was held at the Volo Auto museum about 45 minutes north of Chicago. The museum gave us a spot to line up our cars and mingle in a grassy picnic area. It was fun and the museum has some pretty awesome cars. http://www.volocars.com/

There is probably room for 20 or more cars in the picnic area. Maybe afterwords, we could schedule a dinner stop. It's just an idea to get the ball rolling It doesn't have to be Volo. Any ideas? Any interest? PM me if youwant to help put this together. Maybe Jimmy will come back into the fold and join us.

SkullV
04-19-10, 10:49 PM
:grouphug: Last year Jimmy H helped put together a Cadillac meet for the guys on the other Cadi forum (Fleetwoods and Devilles and suchtits:caddy:). The event was held at the Volo Auto museum about 45 minutes north of Chicago. The museum gave us a spot to line up our cars and mingle in a grassy picnic area. It was fun and the museum has some pretty awesome cars. http://www.volocars.com/

There is probably room for 20 or more cars in the picnic area. Maybe afterwords, we could schedule a dinner stop. It's just an idea to get the ball rolling It doesn't have to be Volo. Any ideas? Any interest? PM me if youwant to help put this together. Maybe Jimmy will come back into the fold and join us.

As long as it is a weekend after August 18 I'm in.

c4ss
04-19-10, 10:58 PM
May I suggest a 160 tstat for anyone sweltering in stop and go traffic in the windy city... Your motor will thank you :)

Already have one, my friend...compliments of Lingenfelter! Engine operates at about 172 on hot traffic days now. Much better.

10-4
04-20-10, 12:01 AM
checked out Volo last weekend...been a few years since i'd been there. lots of great cars and an excellent place to meet. how do we get the ball rolling.

KaMaSuTrA
04-20-10, 02:24 PM
Volo sounds like a cool spot, I would be down for that.

Here's another possible meet up idea; A local Chicago forum I'm an admin on hosts a meet up at Busse Woods Forest Preserve. We usually have a pretty good turn up of cars and everyone pitches in to provide stuff to bbq and drink. We get a permit for a grove, make it an all day event, and from there its usually a toss up of a cruise downtown or hitting up the local car spots. Whether we join up with them when they do it or we do our own thing, its up to you guys.

Doctornick
04-20-10, 04:38 PM
Hey guys, another chicago member here. Black 05 with a maggie living in the loop, working in Evanston.

crankedupforit
04-20-10, 08:46 PM
OK I'll call the Volo guys and see if we can get a spot. Depending on the availability I'll report back some dates. Anyone who would like to help organize PM me. Event ideas welcome. Jimmy H says he's in. Should we invite the V2 guys????

KaMaSuTrA
04-21-10, 01:05 AM
Should we invite the V2 guys????

I wouldn't mind if the V2 guys showed up. Old or new gen, its still a V to me.

10-4
04-21-10, 10:08 AM
don't mind if they come...more is better! Let know what i can do to help.

Doctornick: was that you driving south on broadway last night. Saw a black raven V driving south on boradway at granville about 4pmish

JimmyH
04-21-10, 07:54 PM
Volo is a great place. Lots of incredible cars there. It is a perfect spot for a meet. I would be happy to organize it (and even attend if you guys will have a former V owner :D)

It's only five minutes from my house, so I am the logical choice to get something going, if you guys want to congregate there. There is not much else around there, but some good places to eat, not far away. If someone wants to bring a bbq, they allow that on the grounds (as long as you clean up after yourself).

Let me know. V2 guys should be invited as well.

If you guys are interested, post up. I can start a poll, and link the V2 guys and see what we can get going.

JimmyH
04-21-10, 07:57 PM
Another idea is hang out at Volo morning/afternoon, then cruise to great lakes dragway. It's only a 45 minute drive. On a Saturday anyway. It would have to be on a weekend where they don't have any major events. Get enough cars to commit, and they might accomodate us.

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/1-gstNnk6niMby

thebigjimsho
04-21-10, 08:09 PM
Yeah, like you turds would kick out the V2 guys...:tisk:

crankedupforit
04-21-10, 09:06 PM
Yeah, like you turds would kick out the V2 guys...:tisk:

Only your monkey ass Jimbo.

Just shittin....love to see you there and revel in your celebrity status.

crankedupforit
04-21-10, 09:15 PM
Volo is a great place. Lots of incredible cars there. It is a perfect spot for a meet. I would be happy to organize it (and even attend if you guys will have a former V owner :D)

It's only five minutes from my house, so I am the logical choice to get something going, if you guys want to congregate there. There is not much else around there, but some good places to eat, not far away. If someone wants to bring a bbq, they allow that on the grounds (as long as you clean up after yourself).

Let me know. V2 guys should be invited as well.

If you guys are interested, post up. I can start a poll, and link the V2 guys and see what we can get going.

All right Jimmy, why don't you get things started since you've already done one primo event at Volo. A few guys have offered help if needed. PM me and I can help also. Maybe we can get a forum vendor to show up to do a table top product showcase. Volo and the drag strip in one day could be alot on the plate. Maybe we need a "V weekend". People might travel a bit for a weekend event? Now about you attending.....we'll have to think about it. If we let Jimbo and his evil minions attend from the other forum, then I guess you should come to.

SkullV
04-21-10, 09:32 PM
PLEASE do this in August guys! I will have moved back to the City by then and will be able to attend!

dfoster154
04-21-10, 10:37 PM
Another Chicago V guy here. I live out in Elgin. I have a 07 Redline that I bought last Fall from Grossinger. My neighor has a silver V too.

Just out of curiosity, where is a good shop to take the V for a complete look over? Mine is waiting for new clutch master cyl, new powersteering pump and motor mounts ( they all finally came in). I bought this car last fall, still under warranty and I want someone to help me understand what else may need replacing prior to the warranty expiring. Seems like every Caddy dealer I bring it too is surprised when they see it is a Stick... :(

I swear the car is not as tight as it should be and I want to know what is about to go but can't seem to find a reputable dealer that will actually go over the car 100%.

Any way I am up for a meet. I do meets with my other ride all the time.

JimmyH
04-22-10, 12:04 AM
Motorwerks in Barrington is really good. They still have their franchise until October.

lollygagger8
04-22-10, 09:03 AM
Sweet lets make this happen! Ill text rangerrob too

10-4
04-22-10, 12:15 PM
Chicago area V members....check out other forum Ls1----. Magnacharger for only 3500 in classifieds.............wish i could afford.

Volo it is?? sounds good.

JimmyH
04-22-10, 05:43 PM
Well there seems to be interest. So let's decide. Volo Auto Museum seems to be an acceptable spot. I am also recommending Great Lakes Dragway if you guys want to do some racing. But that is up for debate.

Volo Auto Museum (http://www.volocars.com/)

Great Lakes Dragaway (http://www.greatlakesdragaway.com/)

Directions (http://www.mapquest.com/mq/1-gstNnk6niMby)

Since I am so close to it, I will do the organizing. But you guys must decide the date. Hence the poll.

Let's decide on a month first, then decide on a date. Post up any other thoughts as well.

JimmyH
04-22-10, 05:46 PM
I started a new thread with a poll

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/198226-chicago-v-meet.html

thebigjimsho
04-22-10, 05:53 PM
Epic SHO BBQ is on August 14th. So I'll be in the Chicago area for that day. MVP Tracktime has a track day on August 9th so that previous weekend could make a nice combo.

JimmyH
04-22-10, 06:23 PM
Ted was interested in August also, so you guys need to vote.

nmaier2201
04-22-10, 07:05 PM
I vote for August so I can say hi to Jim and Ted. The more the better.

Nutz
04-22-10, 07:26 PM
Great Lakes Dragaway (http://www.greatlakesdragaway.com/)

Post up any other thoughts as well.Hopefully only the slow cars will get dragged away.:p

SkullV
04-22-10, 08:01 PM
August..what what!

JimmyH
04-22-10, 08:09 PM
Hopefully only the slow cars will get dragged away.:p

that would be me in my Pilot.

I voted for august too; I am looking forward to seeing bigjim again and giving him another reach-around. he isnt only fast on a track ya know...

thebigjimsho
04-22-10, 11:44 PM
hmm....

lollygagger8
04-23-10, 09:31 AM
Ill do august to accomdate the "dush"es lolz

Nasty93
04-23-10, 11:01 AM
im in as long as its not GLD.
Id do Byron, volo or anything else really

rangerrob
04-23-10, 12:33 PM
August is fine with me.... for all of the local guys how aobut something in the next few weeks? We used to do Hooters in Downer's Grove once a week back in the day, anyone up for that or another centrally located spot?

gnxs
04-23-10, 12:45 PM
Any month is fine with me although late in the year (September) would likely be better.

I would also highly suggest Byron, not GLD, if you decide to do any drag racing. Even a moderately modded "V" runs the risk of being booted from GLD or having to back it down. Except for RSD's, they've been pretty tough on tech.

KaMaSuTrA
04-23-10, 12:57 PM
Based on the current votes, it looks like this is happening in August lol.

I'm down for Volo and GLD.

chris1268
04-23-10, 02:12 PM
August is fine with me.... for all of the local guys how aobut something in the next few weeks? We used to do Hooters in Downer's Grove once a week back in the day, anyone up for that or another centrally located spot?

I'm down with meeting some of you local guys in the burbs in the next few weeks

KaMaSuTrA
04-24-10, 11:11 AM

I'm down with meeting some of you local guys in the burbs in the next few weeks

I'd be in for this as well.

dfoster154
04-24-10, 11:25 AM
^ditto here

JimmyH
04-25-10, 01:32 AM
I dont know anything about Byron, and I have not been to GreatLakes in probably 20 years, maybe more. I would not be in for racing anyway. Whatever the majority wants...

96Fleetwood
04-25-10, 04:09 PM
I know I don't have a V.. but I would love to attend, bringing the T/A if I may.

I think Volo is a good spot, it worked last year.

The cruise nights are starting soon too.. there is one for everyday of the week. Maybe if we meet up at a couple around the chicagoland area then we can have several meets throughout the summer?

Cadyman77
04-25-10, 04:22 PM
Can i bring my SRX-V i would love to come and hang out

SkullV
04-25-10, 05:04 PM
Can i bring my SRX-V i would love to come and hang out

What is an SRX-V?

Cadyman77
04-25-10, 05:10 PM
an improvement on the SRX something the factroy should have done but...had to take thing into my own hands :)

JimmyH
04-28-10, 05:14 PM
So the consensus is August. Which weekend?

SkullV
04-28-10, 05:17 PM
Third or fourth weekend!! I put down 21st though!

thebigjimsho
04-29-10, 12:23 AM
What I COULD do is come out for the weekend of the 7th and stay for MVP's Autobahn CC track day on the 9th, leave the V with Jimmy, fly home Monday night and then fly back Friday night for epic SHO BBQ on Saturday.

And of course, take V back from Jimmah...

lollygagger8
04-29-10, 08:39 AM
I didn't book any gigs for the last 2 weekends in August so let's make this shit happen!

Prof
04-29-10, 08:47 AM
I live in Wadsworth, IL just two miles south of the Wisconsin border (right between Interstate 94 and Rt 41). I'm in...I voted for the 21st but any day would be fine. A V gathering sounds probable, lets make it happen.

JimmyH
04-29-10, 12:55 PM
What I COULD do is come out for the weekend of the 7th and stay for MVP's Autobahn CC track day on the 9th, leave the V with Jimmy, fly home Monday night and then fly back Friday night for epic SHO BBQ on Saturday.
And of course, take V back from Jimmah...

I promise to take good care of her. Though I may fondle her exhaust tips a little.

thebigjimsho
05-09-10, 12:51 AM
I thought there was a new post here. Why was it on the first page?? :confused:

Jon
05-09-10, 01:50 AM
I thought there was a new post here. Why was it on the first page?? :confused:
Someone voted

JimmyH
05-09-10, 04:37 PM
Because I bumped it

Prof
05-09-10, 05:08 PM
Lets keep this top of mind...should be a good time!

crankedupforit
05-09-10, 06:27 PM
Hey Prof
You ever get to Antioch? I saw a V2 there a few weeks back at the Las Vegas restaurant.

Prof
05-09-10, 06:48 PM
I have eaten there...know the brother and sister who own the place! Dino and I have played some racquetball together. I too have seen a V there...I am only 10 minutes or so away.

Nutz
05-10-10, 09:37 AM
I'm a Chicago Vw owner currently living in West Lafayette until July. I'll be living downtown starting in August, hopefully we can get some meets together!Fixed...

Couldn't resist Ted.

Vtastic
05-10-10, 12:38 PM
My buddy and I have V's and would come in from Ohio. Please schedule a date. We went on the HotRod power tour last year, i chewed up some nice SRT butt on the tour. :D

JimmyH
05-10-10, 05:10 PM
The consensus seems to be the weekend of August 21st.

Does everyone still want Volo Auto Museum to be the gathering spot? Is is still pretty far away so there is plenty of time for suggestions. If everyone decides on this, I will give them a call in July sometime to reserve some space.

crankedupforit
05-10-10, 05:53 PM
The consensus seems to be the weekend of August 21st.

Does everyone still want Volo Auto Museum to be the gathering spot? Is is still pretty far away so there is plenty of time for suggestions. If everyone decides on this, I will give them a call in July sometime to reserve some space.

Volo FTMFW

thebigjimsho
05-11-10, 06:19 PM
Volvo FTMFW
hmm...

crankedupforit
05-11-10, 06:42 PM
hmm...

Exactly

thebigjimsho
05-11-10, 07:08 PM
http://www.rearviewed.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/volvo-p1800-es-wagon.png

JimmyH
05-11-10, 07:09 PM
Volvo FTMFW

yumm...

hmm...

thebigjimsho
05-11-10, 07:11 PM
How's that Pilot workin out for ya?

JimmyH
05-11-10, 07:11 PM
It's not. But I told you, it is my self-imposed penance. I will take it like a man.

thebigjimsho
05-11-10, 07:45 PM
It's not. But I told you, it is my self-imposed penance. I will take it like a man.
You're a good man, Jimmah. Impatient, but good...

JimmyH
05-11-10, 08:02 PM
i'm impatient for another V8 :D

JimmyH
05-11-10, 08:02 PM
and she still hasnt repaid me for trading the CTS for her Enclave

thebigjimsho
05-12-10, 12:23 AM
I wouldn't either...

crankedupforit
05-12-10, 07:39 AM
http://www.rearviewed.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/volvo-p1800-es-wagon.png

Uh..........Vulva FTMFW?

uwood
05-12-10, 10:26 AM
I would be interested in coming up for a meet. I was just at Volo about 3 weeks ago. We were looking at buying a car up there. Good spot to meet, horrible place to buy a car. ;)

Any weekend in August other than the 21st works for me, I think we are going to the ALMS race in WI.

JimmyH
05-12-10, 04:01 PM
I wouldn't either...

you already did :suspense:

SkullV
05-12-10, 04:59 PM
Let's do this!

JimmyH
05-12-10, 05:41 PM
so you are stilling coming? in the :v:W?

SkullV
05-12-10, 05:52 PM
Yes sir.

Prof
05-12-10, 06:57 PM
If everyone is bringing their V's...maybe I can be a thorn among the roses...and bring the truck!

JimmyH
05-13-10, 05:58 PM
you wont be the only one

Prof
05-13-10, 06:08 PM
Super!

If Volo is not desirable to the group, we can meet at my home...plenty of parking for 10 or 15 V's and a truck or two!

I am just not centrally located, Wadsworth is way north...but easy to get to, between Rt41 and 94...

Or maybe I could pressure Ron Durchin to open up Autowerks in Northbrook to us on the 21st, and invite a few of his exotics...

And the old stand by would be a gathering at Westech in Silverlake WI...Norm Brandes would probably be willing to put us on the dyno for a minor charge...if people wanted to do it...I also love the facilities at Cantigny (http://www.cantigny.org/) they have a great auto show there in September...

Just suggesting...open to any ideas.

uwood
05-14-10, 10:25 AM
Super!

If Volo is not desirable to the group, we can meet at my home...plenty of parking for 10 or 15 V's and a truck or two!

I am just not centrally located, Wadsworth is way north...but easy to get to, between Rt41 and 94...

Or maybe I could pressure Ron Durchin to open up Autowerks in Northbrook to us on the 21st, and invite a few of his exotics...

And the old stand by would be a gathering at Westech in Silverlake WI...Norm Brandes would probably be willing to put us on the dyno for a minor charge...if people wanted to do it...I also love the facilities at Cantigny (http://www.cantigny.org/) they have a great auto show there in September...

Just suggesting...open to any ideas.

Ron is a member on another board that I am on. I could shoot him a PM about this.

I know they are working on a Chicago based Cars & Coffee, there is also the 1st Sat of the month Supercar Cruise that we could hit up.

Just throwing out a few options.

Prof
05-14-10, 11:06 AM
I surfaced the idea to Ron on Facebook and he was fine with doing the GTG at his place. The Supercars event is on the first Saturday of each of the summer months...(great event by the way)...

Let's get some more ideas...

lollygagger8
06-01-10, 02:57 PM
Whats the good word Jimmy?

SkullV
06-01-10, 06:09 PM
I'm still in.

thebigjimsho
06-01-10, 06:57 PM
Too bad it wasn't on the first weekend of August...

JimmyH
06-02-10, 12:48 AM
it's still on as far as I know. to be honest, it's still over two months away, so it is hard to get anyone excited about it at this point. rest assured, I will start getting everyone riled up towards mid July. as for which weekend, did we finalize it? time to bump the thread...

btw, goddam security tokens :banghead:

JimmyH
06-02-10, 12:50 AM
bump for lolly

lollygagger8
06-21-10, 01:29 PM
What ever happened to the chitown meet in august? Still on? What date did everyone decide on?

Sorry the search option doesnt come up on mobile version of site on my droid

SkullV
06-21-10, 02:24 PM
I think Jimmy is still planning on doing it, but he is just waiting to plan stuff until mid-late July.

lollygagger8
06-22-10, 10:32 AM
At least somebody is on it...thanks boss

uwood
06-22-10, 10:43 AM
July 11th and the 18th have been thrown out there. I am not sure where we stand on it.

fnipunk
06-22-10, 03:18 PM
July 11th was the set date, but I think it is gonna be moved to the 18th. Let me know who is in. I'll keep a tally.
Keith

fnipunk
06-22-10, 03:19 PM
If this is in regaurd to the tuner meet the that info is correct. If not, sorry to chime in.

Mallett Hammer
06-22-10, 07:20 PM
Depending on where you guys do it I'd be willing to come down from Wisconsin. My schedule is pretty flexible so Ill be on the lookout for dates.

nmaier2201
06-23-10, 08:26 AM
I'm also still interested, and hoping whatever date we pick that I'll be open.

JimmyH
06-23-10, 12:14 PM
I am still gonna organize it. I am planning it for Volo http://www.volocars.com/ unless you guys decide otherwise. No other concencus has been reached, so I am going with that. It is a great place to hang out anyway.

And so far, August 21st is the concensus date for the meet. But the poll is still open for you guys to vote.

SkullV
06-23-10, 02:35 PM
21st works for me. I'll be living in the city by then and school will have just started!

GizmoQ
06-23-10, 07:51 PM
Can I go?

JimmyH
06-23-10, 08:43 PM
Is it an ESC-V yet?

GizmoQ
06-23-10, 09:56 PM
Unfortunately, the supercharger's in the trunk in pieces until I find someone I trust to install and tune it.

JimmyH
06-23-10, 10:48 PM
sounds just like CTSV_Rob, except his supercharger is in pieces in the garage.

SkullV
06-24-10, 04:42 AM
Unfortunately, the supercharger's in the trunk in pieces until I find someone I trust to install and tune it.

I say we have the meet at someones house and install the supercharger together.

thebigjimsho
06-24-10, 08:51 AM
Yeah, on the 7th...

SkullV
06-24-10, 11:19 AM
Yeah, on the 7th...

Still works!

GizmoQ
06-24-10, 01:48 PM
I wish. Needs a new driveshaft. Custom balanced driveshaft. 38" driveshaft with no supports.

JimmyH
06-24-10, 03:53 PM
We can do the 7th and the 21st
Volo is only a couple miles from my house
so i don't have a problem organizing both days

uwood
06-24-10, 07:11 PM
I will put it on the calendar, and try to get approval from the wife......she kinda runs things, or so I have learned.

JimmyH
06-24-10, 07:33 PM
they all do, that's why i call my wife "congress"

GizmoQ
07-11-10, 10:52 AM
We can do the 7th and the 21st
Volo is only a couple miles from my house
so i don't have a problem organizing both days

I'll be at Mid-Ohio 6-8 August for the Mid-Ohio ALMS/IRL race weekend.

JimmyH
07-11-10, 04:00 PM
So who is all still up for August 21st?

SkullV
07-11-10, 04:22 PM
21st works for me.

GizmoQ
07-11-10, 05:46 PM
So who is all still up for August 21st?

I'm good for the 21st.

Mallett Hammer
07-11-10, 08:32 PM
Good for me too!

Prof
07-12-10, 07:52 AM
21st is still open for me too.

uwood
07-12-10, 10:09 AM
21st I am out. It's my sons 2nd Birthday.

lollygagger8
07-12-10, 10:54 AM
I'll come rock out with you guys.

Who's bringing the mashed potatoes? ha!

KaMaSuTrA
07-12-10, 01:24 PM
I'm still good on the 21st

JimmyH
07-12-10, 03:48 PM
too hot for mashed potatoes. maybe some Doritos or something.

GizmoQ
07-12-10, 09:21 PM
too hot for mashed potatoes. maybe some Doritos or something.

I can bring some Red Hot Ripplets. :yum:

JimmyH
07-12-10, 11:29 PM
YOU better bring some earplugs to pass out :D

SkullV
07-13-10, 04:21 AM
Look forward to it slow V's who never hit the track! Can we have this at a drag strip so a GTI can be faster then Shane? Pleeeeease!?!?

lollygagger8
07-13-10, 09:33 AM
Look forward to it slow V's who never hit the track! Can we have this at a drag strip so a GTI can be faster then Shane? Pleeeeease!?!?

:histeric:

You must've found some drugs stashed in that cute little Golf you bought from the drug dealer and then decided to post up huh??

P.S. change your profile pic...poser ;)

crankedupforit
07-13-10, 09:55 AM
21st 10-4

SkullV
07-13-10, 12:47 PM
:histeric:

You must've found some drugs stashed in that cute little Golf you bought from the drug dealer and then decided to post up huh??

P.S. change your profile pic...poser ;)

Man your posts have been getting nuttier and nuttier lately lollypop!

lollygagger8
07-13-10, 01:38 PM
Man your posts have been getting nuttier and nuttier lately lollypop!

So are my $hits, Golfboy.

nmaier2201
07-13-10, 01:44 PM
I'm in for the 21st as well.

thebigjimsho
07-13-10, 07:32 PM
Well, that sucks...

lollygagger8
07-14-10, 09:00 AM
Murda.....

JimmyH
07-14-10, 01:21 PM
Great Lakes Dragway is about a 45 minute drive from Volo. I could try and see if they can get us in. They usually have stuff going on Saturdays, but if you have a group, they try to accommodate. I wouldn't mind seeing if my cardboard box on wheels can make it all the way down the 1/4 :D

Luvacatfight
07-17-10, 07:21 PM
The afternoon of Saturday August 21st at the Volo auto museum?

I'll be there! And looking forward to meeting all of you.

96Fleetwood
07-18-10, 12:36 PM
Can I still join in with the T/A? I have that weekend off.

JimmyH
07-25-10, 10:28 PM
I think a TA is fine. I will be there in a Honda Pilot :rolleyes:

lollygagger8
07-26-10, 10:19 AM
Dayum, I just googled that Volo museum.....holy up north batman lol.

JimmyH
07-26-10, 01:04 PM
I warned you. It's out in the sticks, just like me. It's worth the drive though.

lollygagger8
07-26-10, 01:22 PM
I warned you. It's out in the sticks, just like me. It's worth the drive though.

Can't we just rent out McCormick Plaza instead? :lol:
Oh I know....since the Cubs are sucking this year, Wrigley should let us borrow the stadium for a day ha

JimmyH
07-26-10, 01:59 PM
With TF3 filming downtown, it would probably take you longer to get anywhere in Chicago than Volo :D

whisler151
07-26-10, 02:45 PM
It must suck knowing y'all will never get close to the size of our Dallas V meets.

Chicago V Meet=Fail

lollygagger8
07-26-10, 02:54 PM
It must suck knowing y'all will never get close to the size of our Dallas V meets.

Chicago V Meet=Fail

Even penis envy is bigger in Texas :lol:

JimmyH
07-26-10, 03:02 PM
Even penis envy is bigger in Texas :lol:

I was gonna say that.

whisler151
07-26-10, 03:20 PM
Also, our V meets are made up of people who actually drive Vs.

lollygagger8
07-26-10, 03:36 PM

Well sorry you don't have sweet ass vw golfs at your meets. Dush <- lolz

JimmyH
07-26-10, 03:56 PM

if they all drive the way you do, Dallas PD could have a windfall

thebigjimsho
07-28-10, 09:50 AM
Too bad they're all tools...

Well, most of then anyway...

JimmyH
08-06-10, 12:22 PM
So, I need to contact Volo, and let them know how many cars we are expecting. So you guys need to post up and let me know who is all coming.

KaMaSuTrA
08-06-10, 12:54 PM
I'm still down.

JimmyH
08-06-10, 01:16 PM
Attendance:

1) JimmyH
2) KaMaSuTra

crankedupforit
08-06-10, 03:46 PM
Attendance:

1) JimmyH
2) KaMaSuTra

Crankedupforit

Luvacatfight
08-06-10, 05:03 PM
I'll definitely be there! And looking forward to it.

GizmoQ
08-06-10, 07:31 PM
Attendance:

1) JimmyH
2) KaMaSuTra
3) Crankedupforit
4) Luvacatfight
5) GizmoQ

lollygagger8
08-07-10, 10:37 AM
I'll be there

Doctornick
08-07-10, 12:18 PM
I'll be there!

Can someone repost the location/date/time? All I got was it is aug 21st :)

JimmyH
08-07-10, 01:44 PM
location is Volo Auto Museum http://volocars.com/

Time? That's up to you guys. I will get there around 1pm and hang out until folks start showing up.

1) JimmyH
2) KaMaSuTra
3) Crankedupforit
4) Luvacatfight
5) GizmoQ
6) lollygagger8
7) DoctorNick

Prof
08-07-10, 05:36 PM
1) JimmyH
2) KaMaSuTra
3) Crankedupforit
4) Luvacatfight
5) GizmoQ
6) lollygagger8
7) DoctorNick
8) Prof

Mallett Hammer
08-08-10, 07:06 PM
1) JimmyH
2) KaMaSuTra
3) Crankedupforit
4) Luvacatfight
5) GizmoQ
6) lollygagger8
7) DoctorNick
8) Prof
9) Mallett Hammer

rangerrob
08-11-10, 11:40 AM
i'll probably show up... Volo is a hike... i know there are more V owners in Chi... i saw a black +09 on Adams near union station yesterday

lollygagger8
08-11-10, 03:42 PM
Come out Rob!

Jimmy, did you post this is gen 2 forum?

I text Ted, and he's looking for parts for his Turdbunny...boooo

nmaier2201
08-11-10, 04:22 PM
I'm still up for the meet.... one small wrinkle though...

The wife is getting shipped out for work, so I'll have my two kids.. ages 3 1/2... so I'll have to bring them with me. Which mean I pry will not be staying all day... as soon as they get cranky I'm gone.

Also, not sure about letting them mill around with you lot :)

I used to hate kids before I had them, so if you don't want kids... speak now and I promise my feelings will not be hurt.

(yes I am still looking for someone to watch them so I can escape and meet you guys... TBD)

JimmyH
08-13-10, 02:37 PM
i took my kids to Volo when they were 2 and 4, they were not too impressed. Except for the movie cars. they got a kick out of those.

JimmyH
08-13-10, 02:37 PM
yes, i did post a thread in V2

crankedupforit
08-15-10, 02:17 PM
What time do we start? When do we have to leave?

JimmyH
08-15-10, 05:01 PM
I figure on getting there around 1pm. I will be parked in the NW corner of the lot in my gold Pilot. So you guys can look for me. They close at 5pm I think. But I have to leave around 3 or so anyway to go to a birthday party. If you guys want to arrive earlier than 1, that's fine. I am sure they open around 9 or 10. I can get there earlier if needs be.

crankedupforit
08-15-10, 05:55 PM
I need to bug out at 3 as well for a birthday party. Figured on showing up around 12.

lollygagger8
08-16-10, 08:45 AM
I'll be there around 1

nmaier.....bring your kids, it's all good!

JimmyH
08-16-10, 01:18 PM
I confirmed us for noon. I will get there then. They are giving us discounted admission again, $8 per person. I think the regular price is $10 or $12.

There is a playground for the kids. There is also a reasonably priced cafeteria with pretty good food.

Below is an aerial view. Take Rt 12/59 (Rand Rd) or Rt 120 (Belvidere Rd) to Volo Village Road, north on Fox Lake Rd, and follow the red line to the back entrance. I will be in the lot in the general area of that red dot in my Pilot.

Here is the address:
27582 Volo VIllage Road
Volo, IL 60073

If you go in the back entrance, just go right and you should see me (assuming you get there after 12). If you go in the main entrance, just drive all the way straight ahead to the back of the lot.

http://www.cooleywire.com/jimmyh/pics/misc/vololot.jpg

http://www.cooleywire.com/jimmyh/pics/cars/mycars/trlbrkr.jpg

rand49er
08-16-10, 01:40 PM
You know, if anyone happens to pass near the Detroit area on their way (hint hint), you should stop in on Thursday or Friday night and take one pass up Woodward before getting back on the expressway to Chicago. I've got stuff going till about 8:45 Thursday night, but Friday afternoon/evening is open. It'll be rockin' big time from about noon Friday right on through the weekend.

Hint hint.

JimmyH
08-16-10, 02:28 PM
so come on down to Chicago

SkullV
08-17-10, 01:50 AM
If I ever get my car back I'll be there. Someone backed into me 2 weeks into owning the car and it's been in the body shop waiting on a bumper ever since. Apparently the sport appearance bumper is a hard item to find.

Prof
08-17-10, 02:02 AM
Since there will be plenty of V2's there I may bring the SRT 10! It would be good to have a little raw power next to all of the sophisticated rides!

I also have a faculty meeting until about 1:00 but will only be 20 minutes away...

Is Curtis coming? He owes me a beer! I never forget people who owe me a beer.

Luvacatfight
08-17-10, 08:38 PM
Kudos to Jimmy for organizing this. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I'll be there at Noon.

lollygagger8
08-19-10, 08:49 AM
Didn't the whole Aug 21st come about cuz Ted couldn't make it any other day, and now he's not going?
:tisk: :tisk: :tisk: Quit smashing your Thunderdumpy and come out.

JimmyH
08-19-10, 12:26 PM
Quit smashing your Thunderdumpy and come out.

potd

SkullV
08-19-10, 02:18 PM
I may show up in my rental Mazda 5 mini-mini van....we'll see. I like to keep you on the edge of your seat Shane!

JimmyH
08-19-10, 02:31 PM
I will race you in the Pilot. First prize to the one who breaks 18 seconds :lol:

lollygagger8
08-20-10, 08:31 AM
I will race you in the Pilot. First prize to the one who breaks 18 seconds :lol:

Should be the first one who breaks! lolz

40% of AM showers according to weather.com but then looks like a decent day. I might hit rain on the way there.....boooooo.

I think someone should bring a thing of name tags so we can put our screen names on em so people can reference faces.

whisler151
08-20-10, 11:50 AM
I think someone should bring a thing of name tags so we can put our screen names on em so people can reference faces.

Why, there wont be enough of you there to need name tags.

JimmyH
08-20-10, 01:14 PM
Maybe not, but at least we know how to read them.

nmaier2201
08-20-10, 08:44 PM
Ugh oh, on the way to work I got acheck engine light, car seems to be running ok. I will be working late tonight, so I'll have to get it scanned tomorrow morning. If it's not life threatening I'll still come with the kids

otherwise I'm grounded with the wife leaving town... I won't be able to join you in her grocery getter.

If all else fails the chicago guys can swing by and have a beer at my place...... bring tools :) (just kidding)

rand49er
08-20-10, 08:46 PM
I just voted for the 28th.

:lildevil:

Prof
08-20-10, 09:04 PM
Ugh oh, on the way to work I got acheck engine light, car seems to be running ok. I will be working late tonight, so I'll have to get it scanned tomorrow morning. If it's not life threatening I'll still come with the kids

otherwise I'm grounded with the wife leaving town... I won't be able to join you in her grocery getter.

If all else fails the chicago guys can swing by and have a beer at my place...... bring tools :) (just kidding)

I will bring my scanner in case you don't have time to get the reading.

Roy

nmaier2201
08-21-10, 11:16 AM
Well on the way home I couldn't get it into second gear. Got a couple of codes. I'm going to do a little research and see what's wrong with the T56.... Keep your fingers crossed. might be time for a RPM rebuilt job.

KaMaSuTrA
08-21-10, 11:23 AM
Weather is looking good, hitting up the wash in a few then I'm going to start making my way over there. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

JimmyH
08-21-10, 12:43 PM
i iz here

GizmoQ
08-21-10, 04:22 PM
Tail-end Charlie. Been a long nite. First the power goes out at 1030PM, then the rains came hard at 1100PM- had to keep bailing out my sump pump till 2AM to keep the basement from flooding. At 1AM the tornado sirens went off. Power came back on at 5AM, so we started cleaning up the fridge and freezer. Then traffic on 55 sucked

JimmyH
08-21-10, 08:12 PM
Sorry we bailed on you Marvin.

But the rest of you missed out on seeing his rockin XLR-V. Sweet ride.

KaMaSuTrA
08-21-10, 08:29 PM
I had a great time, it was nice meeting everyone. Missed out on snapping pics of the Lingenfelter V2 but pretty much got some shots of everyones V. I can't believe I was the only Raven to show up lol

crankedupforit
08-21-10, 09:38 PM
Sorry I had to bail so soon, it was my daughters B-day. Glad I could meet up with some of the forum boys. Every car there was very very tidy. Wish I could of chatted some more. See everyone next time.

GizmoQ
08-21-10, 10:09 PM
I had a great time, it was nice meeting everyone. I can't believe I was the only Raven to show up lol

You werent

KaMaSuTrA
08-21-10, 10:15 PM
You werent

I meant to say Raven CTS-V...the XLR-V represented!

Houdini
08-21-10, 10:17 PM
double

Houdini
08-21-10, 10:18 PM
Would have loved to have gone. A bit much of a drive for me.

GizmoQ
08-22-10, 01:55 AM
Would have loved to have gone. A bit much of a drive for me.

:crying2::crying2::crying2:

:lildevil:

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad271/GizmoQ/European%20Vacation/FireFox/FireFoxV1160x120.gif

Prof
08-22-10, 06:41 PM
I had a great time, it was nice meeting everyone. Missed out on snapping pics of the Lingenfelter V2 but pretty much got some shots of everyones V. I can't believe I was the only Raven to show up lol

Had a nice visit...nice to get face to face with some of the members from the forum.

I was on a short chain too...promised to be home by 3:30 and just made it.

Some great rides at the meeting...thanks for the nice warm welcome from all...

Since you missed taking pics of my V2...here is the photobucket repository:

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g50/rfouts/CTS%20V/

lollygagger8
08-23-10, 08:41 AM
Thanks Gizmo for bringing your sweet ass XLR-V, and Prof for bring his monster V2. But I think Jimmy's ride was the sweetest! ;)

It was good to finally meet all of you guys! Everybody's V's were looking killer. We'll have to do it again, only meet closer to Chitown next time :2thumbs:

Hahahaha, ask Rob about the Cobra on the way home......classic

rangerrob
08-23-10, 10:54 AM
that cobra didn't stand a chance... lol, i thought he would've pulled a little harder, it was pretty sad that he started out at the light in front of me, and by 3rd gear I was already past him.... luckily that piggly wiggly didn't turn around quick enough

JimmyH
08-23-10, 01:15 PM
when you guys pulled out onto Volo road, alot of heads snapped in the parking lot because we could all hear it :D

It was great to meet you guys, but sadly, it made me miss my V even more now.

BTW, Shane found his dream car at Volo. It was very colorful and had a piano on the dashboard :D

lollygagger8
08-23-10, 02:11 PM
Ya I thought cobras were quick??

Oooweee did my radar detector save us from a trip to county lockup lol. I thought for sure that mustang was going to get nailed lolz.

Hell ya, who doesn't want a casio keyboard on their dash?

Actually the car that made me cream my jeans was kenny roger's rolls royce :lol:

CadzillaTN
08-23-10, 09:14 PM
what- did I see transformers emblems on jimmys car?

JimmyH
08-23-10, 11:25 PM
I am a geek.

GizmoQ
08-23-10, 11:29 PM
what- did I see transformers emblems on jimmys car?

Always!

He's just that kinda guy!

thebigjimsho
08-24-10, 02:10 AM
Shoulda had it on the 7th...

JimmyH
08-24-10, 05:41 PM
You always complain

thebigjimsho
08-25-10, 01:26 PM
You always complain

Hey, I told you my deal months ago. The 7th would've made for an awesome time. A Caddy meet and then a track day at Autobahn. Then I could've kept the V out there and made the SHO bbq.

But that's cool. Glad you all had a kickass time...

lollygagger8
08-25-10, 02:08 PM
Hey, I told you my deal months ago. The 7th would've made for an awesome time. A Caddy meet and then a track day at Autobahn. Then I could've kept the V out there and made the SHO bbq.

But that's cool. Glad you all had a kickass time...

There's always next year boss....which I vote is a lil closer to Chitown. 83 sucked Jimmy! lol

CTSV_Rob
08-25-10, 10:10 PM
Get her back Jimmy...
http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n472/ThunderV/Chicago%20meet/IMG_2374.jpg

CTSV_Rob
08-25-10, 10:11 PM
Did you do a transplant Gizmo?
http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n472/ThunderV/Chicago%20meet/IMG_2370.jpg

CTSV_Rob
08-25-10, 10:17 PM
when you guys pulled out onto Volo road, alot of heads snapped in the parking lot because we could all hear it :D

It was great to meet you guys, but sadly, it made me miss my V even more now.

BTW, Shane found his dream car at Volo. It was very colorful and had a piano on the dashboard :D

Thisa one?
http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n472/ThunderV/Chicago%20meet/IMG_2503.jpg

Actually I figured this would be more for Shane...
http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n472/ThunderV/Chicago%20meet/IMG_2399.jpg

or Maybe...
http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n472/ThunderV/Chicago%20meet/IMG_2481.jpg

Nah, it's a dodge. Then maybe...
http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n472/ThunderV/Chicago%20meet/IMG_2474.jpg

Now this is it, the perfect car for Shane :D
http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n472/ThunderV/Chicago%20meet/IMG_2500.jpg

CTSV_Rob
08-25-10, 10:18 PM
Get her back or I will post that picture here... :D

lollygagger8
08-26-10, 08:30 AM
Now this is it, the perfect car for Shane :D
http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n472/ThunderV/Chicago%20meet/IMG_2500.jpg

OMG!!! THAT'S the Vette from the first Death Race!! I was looking for that the entire time we were there. If you ever have a chance, watch the first Death Race (Sylvester Stallone is like 19 or something....hilarious!) <- plus there's boobies in it :2thumbs:

Ok, now I'm gonna have to post up some pics of various nonsense. Jimmy found the car that has a bed in it.....Banned from Drive Ins all over...wooO! :lildevil:

Whatever pic you have...post it :)

lollygagger8
08-26-10, 08:41 AM
Where's Kamasutra.......he was snapping pics all day!

lollygagger8
08-26-10, 08:53 AM
hey Rob...here's Gizmo nowadays :thumbsup:
There's Kamasutra's V in the back too
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/Chicago%20V%20Meet/XLRV.jpg

Casio keyboard on the dash......yes!!
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/Chicago%20V%20Meet/Elvismobile.jpg

Who ya gonna call?
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/Chicago%20V%20Meet/Ghostbusters.jpg

Kapow.....Boom.....Pow!!!
Hi Kama!
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/Chicago%20V%20Meet/Batmoblie.jpg

This stupid ass $$ mustang $$ the hood didn't even follow the fender lines...........yes that's $175k....ridiculous
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/Chicago%20V%20Meet/Mustang.jpg
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/Chicago%20V%20Meet/Mustangpricetag.jpg

The Hoff sat here!! lolz
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/Chicago%20V%20Meet/KnightRider.jpg

JimmyH
08-26-10, 01:33 PM
Josh already sold my (his) V. Too late. I am thinking Camaro SS again now. But I keep changing my mind, so who knows.

GizmoQ
08-26-10, 01:47 PM
Did you do a transplant Gizmo?
No, looking at building a smaller version: all under the hood - 2 trumpets, small tank or all electric.

lollygagger8
08-26-10, 02:22 PM
The Camaros are having some probs with vibes. Either transmission or driveshaft.

CTSV_Rob
08-26-10, 04:26 PM
No, looking at building a smaller version: all under the hood - 2 trumpets, small tank or all electric.
I was thinking about putting a train horn on the SRT, any suggestions?

CTSV_Rob
08-26-10, 04:29 PM
OMG!!! THAT'S the Vette from the first Death Race!! I was looking for that the entire time we were there. If you ever have a chance, watch the first Death Race (Sylvester Stallone is like 19 or something....hilarious!) <- plus there's boobies in it :2thumbs:

One of my favorite movies, I fugured this would be right up your alley!

Ok, now I'm gonna have to post up some pics of various nonsense. Jimmy found the car that has a bed in it.....Banned from Drive Ins all over...wooO! :lildevil:
Is jimmy trying to buy it?

Whatever pic you have...post it :)Cannot out of respect fo Jimmy :lildevil:

CTSV_Rob
08-26-10, 04:34 PM
Here are some boobs for ya...
http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n472/ThunderV/Chicago%20meet/IMG_2515.jpg

You missed this one...
http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n472/ThunderV/Chicago%20meet/IMG_2477.jpg

A little monster garage...
http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n472/ThunderV/Chicago%20meet/IMG_2471.jpg

I heard rumor they should be taking you away in one of these...
http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n472/ThunderV/Chicago%20meet/IMG_2412-1.jpg

CTSV_Rob
08-26-10, 04:37 PM
Josh already sold my (his) V. Too late. I am thinking Camaro SS again now. But I keep changing my mind, so who knows.
Changed your mind on the CTS-V2?

JimmyH
08-26-10, 08:57 PM
I have at least a year to go before I get another car. When it comes to cars, I am worse than Michelle changing outfits in the morning. I am sure I will change my mind 100 times before I buy something.

alot of the cars that used to be at volo are gone now.I don't think Shane's Death Race car was there. Another car that was missing was that original condition Mustang. Do you remember that one Rob? The one that was in a bubble?

KaMaSuTrA
08-26-10, 09:35 PM
I was taking pics all day but I'll focus on what was important....the V crowd.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs189.ash2/45246_423621394271_647094271_4945959_1964862_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs389.snc4/45246_423621399271_647094271_4945960_5809789_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs378.snc4/46128_423621259271_647094271_4945958_8204221_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs369.snc4/45246_423621404271_647094271_4945961_2090748_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs383.snc4/44636_423621659271_647094271_4945984_6189742_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs183.ash2/44636_423621634271_647094271_4945979_263702_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs153.ash2/40985_423621009271_647094271_4945947_5502367_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs189.ash2/45246_423621414271_647094271_4945963_5970547_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs273.snc4/39998_423621074271_647094271_4945948_3495786_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs253.snc4/39998_423621079271_647094271_4945949_6499081_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs198.ash2/46128_423621254271_647094271_4945957_3263928_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs183.ash2/44636_423621649271_647094271_4945982_1841219_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs369.snc4/45246_423621409271_647094271_4945962_7356113_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs383.snc4/44636_423621654271_647094271_4945983_6398272_n.jpg

We should do something like this again and hopefully more people will come out.

CTSV_Rob
08-26-10, 10:11 PM
I have at least a year to go before I get another car. When it comes to cars, I am worse than Michelle changing outfits in the morning. I am sure I will change my mind 100 times before I buy something.

alot of the cars that used to be at volo are gone now.I don't think Shane's Death Race car was there. Another car that was missing was that original condition Mustang. Do you remember that one Rob? The one that was in a bubble?
:rofl: about michelle and outfits. It is an experience finding the car and can be half the fun.

Too bad on the death race car, was quite cool. Do you think they sold it?

Hmm... Don't remember that one. Did get a shot of Eleanor though...
http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n472/ThunderV/Chicago%20meet/IMG_2460.jpg

CTSV_Rob
08-26-10, 10:11 PM
Sure love the color.

CTSV_Rob
08-26-10, 10:15 PM
Ah come on Marvin, that thing looks way too stock for you! (Beautiful car and I was thinking that's what you should be in, congrats!!)

GizmoQ
08-26-10, 10:45 PM
Ah come on Marvin, that thing looks way too stock for you! (Beautiful car and I was thinking that's what you should be in, congrats!!)
I've only had it a couple months, give me a little time. I figure Z06 wheels, a small air horn, D3 stage 2 intake, and a new tune oughta 'bout do it. And of course a CarPC docked between the seats (Already test-fit the joystick shifter - fits perfectly).

Hell I've been too busy "drivin' the wheels off the thing" to do any mods. 7000 miles in 2 1/2 months. Been thru a full set of tires and an extra pair for the rears. :cool2:

Too much fun!

lollygagger8
08-27-10, 08:34 AM
I was taking pics all day but I'll focus on what was important....the V crowd.

We should do something like this again and hopefully more people will come out.

Nice pics Kamasutra!!!! Too bad most people came and gone and we couldn't get a pic of all of em together. V1's sure are sexy :)

lollygagger8
08-27-10, 08:35 AM
I heard rumor they should be taking you away in one of these...
http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n472/ThunderV/Chicago%20meet/IMG_2412-1.jpg

Ya I have to wear a helmet though lol.

I wish the Death Race car was there. :(
Luke Skywalker's (Mark Hamill's) crappy Vette was no substitute.....did anyone get a pic of that turd? lol

Prof
08-27-10, 08:40 AM

Wait for the one with the LSA supercharged engine!!!!

KaMaSuTrA
08-27-10, 11:35 AM
Nice pics Kamasutra!!!! Too bad most people came and gone and we couldn't get a pic of all of em together. V1's sure are sexy :)

Thanks, yea it would have been nice if we could have got a group pic going.

What should we do for the next meet?

Prof
08-27-10, 03:13 PM
What should we do for the next meet?

Supercars Saturday, Glenview Sept 4, 8-11 A.M.

I will have my V there.

If you have never been...the sexiest iron in Chicago shows up...dozens of Lambo's, too many Porches to count, Ferrari's from every year...good event...get there early, everyone leaves at 11 am...

http://www.supercarsaturdays.com/default.asp

JimmyH
08-27-10, 04:32 PM
how is it you dushes always manage to get pictures of me at these meets from the worst possible angle? not that I really have a good angle...

CTSV_Rob
08-27-10, 04:49 PM
Ya I have to wear a helmet though lol.

I wish the Death Race car was there. :(
Luke Skywalker's (Mark Hamill's) crappy Vette was no substitute.....did anyone get a pic of that turd? lol
Funny, I thought it was cool when it came out and I saw it not too long ago and all I could think was... What the hell was I thinking!!!

KaMaSuTrA
08-27-10, 09:10 PM
Supercars Saturday, Glenview Sept 4, 8-11 A.M.

I will have my V there.

If you have never been...the sexiest iron in Chicago shows up...dozens of Lambo's, too many Porches to count, Ferrari's from every year...good event...get there early, everyone leaves at 11 am...

http://www.supercarsaturdays.com/default.asp

That's not a bad idea, I've heard about this monthly meet but was not able to make it to the previous ones. RSVP'd

Prof
08-28-10, 12:45 AM
That's not a bad idea, I've heard about this monthly meet but was not able to make it to the previous ones. RSVP'd

This will probably be the last meet of the year...by October the weather is pretty wet...and most of the owners will not drive their exotics in the rain.

See you there!

lollygagger8
08-29-10, 09:02 AM
how is it you dushes always manage to get pictures of me at these meets from the worst possible angle? not that I really have a good angle...

What a dush ;)

Funny, I thought it was cool when it came out and I saw it not too long ago and all I could think was... What the hell was I thinking!!!

Hahaha ya Jimmy and I were looking at it, and thinking who the hell cuts the front end of a corvette off and replaces it with buick or cutlass headlights???!!

JimmyH
08-29-10, 07:03 PM
Corvette Summer. Mark Hamill's "other" movie :lol:

Prof
09-01-10, 03:10 PM
Attention!!!!

Venue change for Supercar Saturday...It will now be at Autowerks...

September Event Location
As the saying goes, "one bad apple spoils the whole bunch". That's the case with The Glen, a single relentless merchant has spoiled SCS at The Glen. As such, the September event will be held at Autowerks of Northbrook, our long-time sponsor located just 2 miles away from The Glen at 1827 Janke Drive in Northbrook, IL 60026. Click here for directions.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1827+Janke+Drive,+Northbrook,+IL&sll=42.113374,-87.825911&sspn=0.009567,0.022724&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=1827+Janke+Dr,+Northbrook,+Cook,+Illinois+60 062&z=16&iwloc=A&utm_source=Supercar+Saturdays+Email+List&utm_campaign=027388062f-September_Location_Change_Email_9-1-2010&utm_medium=email