: Corsa sport exhaust ...

CoOlSlY
04-15-10, 07:28 AM
Got the V for almost a month now! Same day I picked up the car, it was at the shop having the Corsa "sport" installed :) I really like the drone free sound.

Since break-in is over, my right foot is a lot heavier than it was when I picked-up the car... So, when I floor it (from a roll or not), at about 4800rpm, until redline, I have a very loud whistle. Doesn't sounds like a supercharger whine but really a loud whistle but I may be wrong. I went to the muffler shop and showed him and he don't think it's the muffler. Does you guys with the Corsa sport have this loud whistle at WOT?

Again, I really like the sound of the Corsa sport, would be too lot IMO with the headers though. If anybody wants any kind of video, let me know! :)

cbloveday
04-15-10, 07:34 AM
I had the corsa sport and never heard a whistle. It may be the super charger at that rpm you are hearing. Can we hear an audio of the noise?

mr.algaz
04-15-10, 08:38 AM
I do also have the Corsa's installed on my car since 400 miles but again as the OP said I hear the whistle but I am too lazy to take it and check it plus I do have the Corsa warranty.

Just wanted to know if it is normal or not. I have 3 supercharged cars and I know the difference between the supercharger whine and the whistle I am hearing, plus the whistle is at the rear of the car when someone follows me or when you sit in the back seat you could hear it very loud, while in the front seat you could hear it instead of a muffler sound you just hear the whistle like something is pressuring the outlet of the pipes themselves.

If anyone else has any ideas what that might be it would be so helpful for the OP and me.

Thanks in advance

ecorpuz12
04-15-10, 08:45 AM
that's just the sound of the pain train coming!!! choochoo!!! but seriously, hope you guys figure out the issue.

CoOlSlY
04-15-10, 08:54 AM
I had the corsa sport and never heard a whistle. It may be the super charger at that rpm you are hearing. Can we hear an audio of the noise?

I will try a few things to capture the audio. I'll put different cameras at different places in the trunk and the back seat to see if I can capture something...

CASEY122457
04-15-10, 08:56 AM
I have the whistle sound also. It is the mufflers.

andrewperez
04-15-10, 06:05 PM
I have a set that are available for sale. They have less than 1000 miles on them. They do have a few scratches, but that's it. The scratches are on the muffler body not the tips. Nothing visible when installed. I love the aggressive sound, but it's just a bit too much for my neighborhood. Anyone interested please email me. I'll wait until next week to put them on eBay. Thinking $850.

andrewjohnperez@gmail.com

andrewperez
04-15-10, 08:57 PM
Although I'm a supporting member, unfortunately I'm still not able to deliver private messages. Please use the email address above for all correspondence. My apologies.

Stumeat
04-15-10, 09:03 PM
I have a set that are available for sale. They have less than 1000 miles on them. They do have a few scratches, but that's it. The scratches are on the muffler body not the tips. Nothing visible when installed. I love the aggressive sound, but it's just a bit too much for my neighborhood. Anyone interested please email me. I'll wait until next week to put them on eBay. Thinking $850.

andrewjohnperez@gmail.com

Emailed you...

CoOlSlY
04-16-10, 12:40 PM
Here we are! You can hear the whistle. It's like when a belt is very very old... Pretty annoying, definitly not the supercharger... I already left a message to Corsa. I've left a little more than just the whistle for guys who wants to have a extra idea of the Corsa sport.

One camera was in the car, one in the trunk.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JubDR6naYEE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JubDR6naYEE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CadV
04-16-10, 12:47 PM
That is crazy

CoOlSlY
04-16-10, 12:53 PM
That is crazy

You're talking about the whistle or the global note of the exhaust?

RemoWilliams
04-16-10, 01:00 PM
That is BS. Mufflers that cost that much should not have a whistle like that. Something bad in the design for sure. No Corsas for me.

CASEY122457
04-16-10, 01:02 PM
Here we are! You can hear the whistle. It's like when a belt is very very old... Pretty annoying, definitly not the supercharger... I already left a message to Corsa. I've left a little more than just the whistle for guys who wants to have a extra idea of the Corsa sport.

One camera was in the car, one in the trunk.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JubDR6naYEE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JubDR6naYEE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mine does the same thing. Please post if Corsa responds.

CTSV4now
04-16-10, 03:03 PM
sounds like the muffler bearings........sorry couldn't resist.

Leadfoot09
04-16-10, 04:44 PM
Same here. My car starting that exact noise after installing Corsa Sports. Please post their response. I thought it was more supercharger whine from less back pressure?

cbloveday
04-16-10, 05:20 PM
I have no idea. I do not remember hearing that with my corsa sports. Call Corsa and see what their explanation is.

CoOlSlY
04-16-10, 06:14 PM
Maybe you guys can help me out... First video i'm posting on Youtube and if you do a search for "2010 CTS-V Corsa", my video title shows "2010 CTS-V Corsa exhaust.wmv"... I found nowhere to remove this ".wmv". I click on "edit" in my video profile but the .wmv is nowhere to be found! Thank's

tbss08
04-16-10, 06:30 PM
I have an email response from CORSA on the touring version with the whistle. I thought it was an exhaust leak at first. The response was it is the supercharger noise traveling through the exhaust. They did testing with the mufflers and even put a straight pipe in and still had the whistle in the exhaust. I looked through my emails but I must have deleted the response from Corsa.

CoOlSlY
04-16-10, 06:46 PM
I have an email response from CORSA on the touring version with the whistle. I thought it was an exhaust leak at first. The response was it is the supercharger noise traveling through the exhaust. They did testing with the mufflers and even put a straight pipe in and still had the whistle in the exhaust. I looked through my emails but I must have deleted the response from Corsa.

I heard Tedboss1 car wich is stock and you can hear the supercharger whine but even at high RPM, it's whining, not whistling... Also, some people don't experience the whistling with their Corsa. I'll wait for their answer and we'll see :)

Q8 6.2
04-16-10, 06:56 PM
guys it might be the drain hole.. dose the corsa have drain hole at the tips.. close the hole with gum and try again

CoOlSlY
04-16-10, 07:35 PM
guys it might be the drain hole.. dose the corsa have drain hole at the tips.. close the hole with gum and try again

I've seen a drain hole just before the tip at least on the driver side, I just need to find gum that would hold those temps and pressure to give it a try... ;)

neuronbob
04-16-10, 09:28 PM
Weird. The video earlier in the thread is listed as "user removed". Went to YouTube and searched. Here's the video again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPnmOUh_2Kg

That sounds weird. I get nothing but supercharger whine in my car with Corsa Touring. If you click on the "on the dyno" video in my sig, you hear a similar sound.....but it's clearly the supercharger on full boost. Sounds fine to me?

CoOlSlY
04-16-10, 09:52 PM
That sounds weird. I get nothing but supercharger whine in my car with Corsa Touring. If you click on the "on the dyno" video in my sig, you hear a similar sound.....but it's clearly the supercharger on full boost. Sounds fine to me?

Yours sounds fine. Wondering if I block the drain hole what could be the consequences if it shuts down the "whistle", anybody know?

tbss08
04-17-10, 06:48 AM
The muffler shop which installed mine stated some people block the holes and eliminates the noise on other mufflers. They said the main drawback is condensation would flow through the muffler and probably finds it's way onto the back of the car.

CoOlSlY
04-17-10, 01:59 PM
The muffler shop which installed mine stated some people block the holes and eliminates the noise on other mufflers. They said the main drawback is condensation would flow through the muffler and probably finds it's way onto the back of the car.

I've blocked both holes (one on each side) and the whistle is still present, Corsa will get back to me monday, i'll let you guys know! :)

tbss08
04-17-10, 04:08 PM
I wonder if you will have a different response than what I had.

Tony407
08-10-10, 11:38 PM
Did you ever get this issue resolved? I've been thinking of a different exhaust for my V and I definitely don't want any whistling!

Tony

CoOlSlY
08-11-10, 07:16 AM
They swapped the exhaust but the whistle is still there *but*, it no longer bothers me and I love the popping sound when in sport "manual" mode when "downshifting" in 2nd gear on a light, I really like it

GMX322V S/C
08-11-10, 02:52 PM
My Corsa Tourings do this as well, at more than say, 3/4 throttle. What seems to corroborate with Corsa's explanation is the sound seems more of a function of throttle position against load and not how many CFM are traveling through the exhaust system at the time. In other words, if I'm holding 2nd at say, 2 grand and then put my foot into it, the whooshing sound starts right away and not just at high revs. It may be a total illusion, but sometimes it sounds like it's coming from the front of the car (modded air box). In any event, the LS9 cam has put a nice semi-angry type of "edge" to it at high revs.

It kind of reminds me of back in the 70s, a friend had a 1970 Chevelle with a very warmed-over LS6 454 in it. The headers/Cherry Bombs dumping under the car would make your pants legs flutter as you got out of the car while it was idling very roughly at 1,500-2,000 RPM or so (it was a 10-second car with slicks on it but of course it couldn't turn worth a damn set up like that). When he would jump on it after dropping me off, I could still hear it a half a mile away, but by then it just sounded like a rocket exhaust--like air rushing out of a gigantic pump at very high velocity...

09BlackV
08-12-10, 01:37 AM
I Have the touring and also have a whistle at WOT,

Has anyone switched back to the stock muffs and have that sound disappear?
Not too happy, but does seem to add some pep. :crying2:

09BlackV
08-12-10, 01:42 AM
i've blocked both holes (one on each side) and the whistle is still present, corsa will get back to me monday, i'll let you guys know! :)

corsa ever get back to ya?

Bamacarguy
02-21-11, 09:13 AM
I just bought the Touring and have the whistle also. This is my fourth supercharged vehicle so I know what the supercharger whine sounds like. It is definitely a whistle on the back right side. I emailed Corsa and am waiting for a response.

calherc1
06-09-12, 07:11 PM
Just installed Corsa Sports and have the whislte when supercharger is boosting. Definately supercharger related, but annoying all the same. Sent Corsa and email to find out if this is normal but no response. Anybody else have any luck or cure?

BWhite58
06-10-12, 06:05 PM
The whistle may be a function of the mufflers design ? I would like to hear an answer from Corsa before I buy .

Tampa2Dubai
06-11-12, 03:36 AM
ive got the Borla touring .. no whistling at all, but does have some resonance

mannyz
06-11-12, 04:05 AM
I believe the whistle sound is due the crimped factory x-pide combined with the corsas. I've heard a couple of Corsas with headers/aftermarket x-pipe and the sound is gone.

Rule12b
06-11-12, 01:19 PM
I believe the whistle sound is due the crimped factory x-pide combined with the corsas. I've heard a couple of Corsas with headers/aftermarket x-pipe and the sound is gone.

This would make sense to me. I have headers and Tourings and have never heard anything at all like this whistle.

calherc1
06-11-12, 09:27 PM
Well, Corsa emailed me back and basically said the whistle/whine is normal. I read somewhere here on the forum it was due to the factory crimped exhaust on the left side. Well, today I had the crimped part of the exhaust cut out and replaced with round tubing to match the right side. Unfortunatelly the whistle/whine is still there, no difference. I have concluded it is the supercharger whine traveling through the more free flowing exhaust now. I do have an airaid intake as well. In my case it only occurs under heavy boost and high rpm, just when the supercharger is really spinning/whining. Hope this helps some of you considering replacing the crimped section. Below is the response from Corsa.

On behalf of us all here at CORSA Performance Exhausts, we do appreciate your business.

The occurrence as mentioned below is a standard byproduct to the application. Not to be alarmed as this is typical to when additional performance oriented items are added to these applications; whether intake, headers, pulley changes and/ or exhaust kits are added.

Thank you for enjoying the product!

Paul A. Santiago

TMG Performance Products

Office: 440-260-3135

Fax: 440-891-1868

BWhite58
06-12-12, 06:41 PM
So much for the crimped pipe theory ?

Rule12b
06-13-12, 12:17 AM
Damn, I'm sorry to hear guys with this issue. If Corsa wanted to pull mine for a compare, I'd let them, (although I think my headers may be why I don't have the whistle). It's a shame because as someone who's had so many different aftermarket exhausts on so many different applications, its far and away the very best product I've experienced yet. Sucks to see the whistle detracting for some of you.

Q8 6.2
06-15-12, 04:16 AM
Well, Corsa emailed me back and basically said the whistle/whine is normal. I read somewhere here on the forum it was due to the factory crimped exhaust on the left side. Well, today I had the crimped part of the exhaust cut out and replaced with round tubing to match the right side. Unfortunatelly the whistle/whine is still there, no difference. I have concluded it is the supercharger whine traveling through the more free flowing exhaust now. I do have an airaid intake as well. In my case it only occurs under heavy boost and high rpm, just when the supercharger is really spinning/whining. Hope this helps some of you considering replacing the crimped section. Below is the response from Corsa.

On behalf of us all here at CORSA Performance Exhausts, we do appreciate your business.

The occurrence as mentioned below is a standard byproduct to the application. Not to be alarmed as this is typical to when additional performance oriented items are added to these applications; whether intake, headers, pulley changes and/ or exhaust kits are added.

Thank you for enjoying the product!

Paul A. Santiago

TMG Performance Products

Office: 440-260-3135

Fax: 440-891-1868

I think they are lieing to you this wistle is not normal others don't have it.. Get a flash light look inside the tips for sharp mettal or welds or any sharp edges then file it down..

If I was you I would throw these corsas in the garbage and get two magnaflow Mufflers for that mellow warm sound

calherc1
06-16-12, 05:06 PM
I think they are lieing to you this wistle is not normal others don't have it.. Get a flash light look inside the tips for sharp mettal or welds or any sharp edges then file it down..

If I was you I would throw these corsas in the garbage and get two magnaflow Mufflers for that mellow warm sound

I can't stand the whistle, so I sent them a video of the whislte. A Corsa rep actually called me back and agreed it was not normal. He requested some pictures and serial numbers of the mufflers and said they are going to do what it takes to fix the issue. What that is, I don't know. Hope to hear back from Corsa next week. I'll keep you guys posted on what happens.

M5eater
06-16-12, 09:36 PM
keep us updated.

I may be interested in some touring mufflers here shortly.

If anyone has touring/sport on stock exhaust videos they want to share, please do!

mannyz
06-18-12, 03:49 AM
keep us updated.

I may be interested in some touring mufflers here shortly.

If anyone has touring/sport on stock exhaust videos they want to share, please do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g26ydrKdxc&list=UUL9mqkFu2PTKAZhLzLG0gfA&index=1&feature=plcp

Just a fly by along with a 9.55 lower and intake. I have other videos but my ipod is in the car and the car is in the shop.

calherc1
06-21-12, 10:08 PM
Corsa got back to me yesterday. They advised me my mufflers were from their first run and the newer ones are slightly different. They are sending me out a new pair next week for what I believe is their cost $475.00. I bought them used so basically I am now paying what new would have cost me....Oh well. Once I bolt them on I'll let you guys know if the whistle is gone.

I can't stand the whistle, so I sent them a video of the whislte. A Corsa rep actually called me back and agreed it was not normal. He requested some pictures and serial numbers of the mufflers and said they are going to do what it takes to fix the issue. What that is, I don't know. Hope to hear back from Corsa next week. I'll keep you guys posted on what happens.

Gman57
06-21-12, 11:16 PM
Keep us posted

Cub Cadet
06-28-12, 12:39 PM
Corsa got back to me yesterday. They advised me my mufflers were from their first run and the newer ones are slightly different. They are sending me out a new pair next week for what I believe is their cost $475.00. I bought them used so basically I am now paying what new would have cost me....Oh well. Once I bolt them on I'll let you guys know if the whistle is gone.

The whistle will still be there. The crimped factory piping by the transmission is what is causing the 'whistle' noise. The whistle is amplified by the Corsa muffler since it is made to produce a high pitched, hollow sound. The only way to correct this is to re-pipe the exhaust from the converters to the mufflers, or buy a complete cat-back. Corsa does not make a cat-back, just this half done axle back. Help yourself and buy a true cat back. You will pay $800-$900 for a true catback and be MUCH further ahead. This Corsa junk is for the birds.

ChasJr
06-28-12, 01:44 PM
The whistle will still be there. The crimped factory piping by the transmission is what is causing the 'whistle' noise. The whistle is amplified by the Corsa muffler since it is made to produce a high pitched, hollow sound. The only way to correct this is to re-pipe the exhaust from the converters to the mufflers, or buy a complete cat-back. Corsa does not make a cat-back, just this half done axle back. Help yourself and buy a true cat back. You will pay $800-$900 for a true catback and be MUCH further ahead. This Corsa junk is for the birds.

Which cat back would you recommend.....

Rule12b
06-28-12, 01:59 PM
Which cat back would you recommend.....

HAHAHA! By the way Cadet, thanks for tacitly rocking the SW jock again. The Corsa is far from junk. However, we can certainly search for threads about a company who released a product where having the two tips uneven was deemed "acceptable". Buying into that LOAD, much less their attempt to have customers pay for a new product just to make their POS product hang properly was reprehensible. Even so, at least they aren't like the lying thieves at B&B. Cheers!

ChasJr
06-28-12, 02:07 PM
HAHAHA! By the way Cadet, thanks for tacitly rocking the SW jock again. The Corsa is far from junk. However, we can certainly search for threads about a company who released a product where having the two tips uneven was deemed "acceptable". Buying into that LOAD, much less their attempt to have customers pay for a new product just to make their POS product hang properly was reprehensible. Even so, at least they aren't like the lying thieves at B&B. Cheers!

I couldn't resist...For the record Cub I have the SW and (True Story) every time I walk out and see the left side hanging down like it does I say to myself "Cub Cadet My Ass"...I really do..

Cub Cadet
06-28-12, 02:23 PM
You are very welcome!! I am glad that I got Stainless Works involved in the CTS-V business. They have sold many kits and have a happy customer base. I do not have the issues that you guys bring up, and am still very happy with what I got. I do not regret it one bit and they are great people to work with. The issue that folks are having can be traced back to installation. Mine has never had an issue since new and has remained locked in place. Stainless Works did a fantastic job on the install and took very good care of my car. I would do it all over again.

Rule12b
06-28-12, 02:58 PM
You are very welcome!! I am glad that I got Stainless Works involved in the CTS-V business. They have sold many kits and have a happy customer base. I do not have the issues that you guys bring up, and am still very happy with what I got. I do not regret it one bit and they are great people to work with. The issue that folks are having can be traced back to installation. Mine has never had an issue since new and has remained locked in place. Stainless Works did a fantastic job on the install and took very good care of my car. I would do it all over again.

Actually, Stainless Works admitted their design was flawed and corrected it eventually. There's a thread covering this. They did however have the nerve to ask buyers of the irregular system to pay for the corrected design. It was NOT and installation issue. No reason for you to regret the fact that you enjoy it. I hope you do. From your standpoint, it was the greatest designed system for almost a year before it was even released on the market.

Everyone has their favorites. We know you have yours. Calling the Corsa junk however seems a bit off the mark considering the flaws and poor initial designs of the system you tout as God's gift. :-)

ChasJr
06-28-12, 03:38 PM
Actually, Stainless Works admitted their design was flawed and corrected it eventually. There's a thread covering this. They did however have the nerve to ask buyers of the irregular system to pay for the corrected design. It was NOT and installation issue. No reason for you to regret the fact that you enjoy it. I hope you do. From your standpoint, it was the greatest designed system for almost a year before it was even released on the market.

Everyone has their favorites. We know you have yours. Calling the Corsa junk however seems a bit off the mark considering the flaws and poor initial designs of the system you tout as God's gift. :-)

Word............!!!!!!!!!

calherc1
06-29-12, 10:53 PM

The first thing I did was replace the crimped section with round tubing to match the right side. The whistle sound was not affected at all, still there loud as ever. I should have the new Corsa's next week and will post if the whistle is gone. If it's not the Corsa's will be.http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx285/calherc1/corsaexhaust044.jpg

mannyz
07-01-12, 02:38 AM
If its still there, it probably has to do with the manifolds as well? I have yet to hear a headers/ corsa car with whistle. I have it as well.

calherc1
07-01-12, 01:05 PM
You may be right. The mufflers came off a headers car with no whistle, but it seems to stem from the rear of the car.........who knows, I'm just hoping the new ones fix it. Corsa also told me people using ceramic headers tend to cause damage to the mufflers, not sure how or why. I just don't get why some whistle and some don't. Hoping to bolt the new ones on early this week. I'll post my results.

If its still there, it probably has to do with the manifolds as well? I have yet to hear a headers/ corsa car with whistle. I have it as well.

calherc1
07-13-12, 11:24 AM
Finally received my new mufflers in the mail. I am going to put them on today and hope for the best. I'll post my results.

calherc1
07-13-12, 05:36 PM
Just finished installing the new Corsa Sport Mufflers. Installed exactly per the directions and torqued the clamps to 45lbs. Took it for a test drive and made several WOT runs................no whistle:bouncy: Although the exhaust seems a little quieter than before, maybe they just need to break in a little. Anyway, I'm sending the old ones back to Corsa and they are going to cut them open to inspect. For those with the WOT whistle, new ones solved the problem for me. Also while I was waiting for the new mufflers to arrive I drove aronund the block a few times with no mufflers at all.......no whistle, so it seems to have been the mufflers. What a pain in the butt, but all is good now.

Gman57
07-13-12, 07:21 PM
This is great to hear.... or not to hear :tisk:

BWhite58
07-13-12, 08:16 PM
Wonder if the whistlers sitting on shelves have been recalled ?