: Clutch/Synchros/Slave/Shifter issues?

mrmojo95
04-14-10, 04:21 PM
I love the forums..but I am fried from so much data..need help..

2005 CTS-V 100k (re: No warranty)

1. Can not enter 1st or reverse while engine is running
(unless synchros line up on deceleration from 2nd)
2. Car creeps with clutch in..any gear..must hold brake..
3. Shifting slow speeds tends to be roll of the dice to see what gear you can find
4. Harder or higher rpm shifting better...

Classic clutch not disengaging right? Slave is new....(shop didnt remember clutch disk life..grrr) Attempted solo bleeding of clutch (possibly made it worse)

Any one have similar experience!? Thanks!

ELES6CTS
04-14-10, 05:18 PM
Generally a clutch bleed fixes the problem of the car not going into gear. This all started after the shop put a new slave in?

maxspeed96ct
04-14-10, 06:33 PM
Since you have a new slave I assume you have a fairly new clutch as well correct ?
Cause anytime you pull the trans out it would be silly not to change out the clutch aswell if your milage is high (regaurdless of what the disk looks like).

I have a thread kicken in the general forum about drilling my master line. made a world of a differance for me... But I was having issues at high RPMS not low . And I have a spec 3+ kit. Deffinatly worth a shot since it wont cost you anything but a few hours under the car.

Also you can try what i call gravity bleeding.
1.) Crack the bleeder screw on the slave just enough to let fluid drip slowly.
(do not touch the pedal at all )

2.) keep an eye on the clutch resivor and keep adding fluid as the level drops.

3.) continue this prosess for about 2 hrs and watch the drip patiantly.

4.) Tighten the bleeder and go for a ride!

AG'S-V
04-15-10, 10:47 AM
Or get a broomstick and follow the FAQ method...I've also found that switching to a high temp DOT 4 (Motul, ATE, etc) really helped smooth mine out.

PISNUOFF
04-15-10, 10:57 AM
Buy a Motive Power Bleeder and not need any help bleeding your clutch or brakes.

bpitas
04-15-10, 12:01 PM
Buy a Motive Power Bleeder and not need any help bleeding your clutch or brakes.

Nice - demo video on youtube is a V! :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0h5bMoW-aw

ELES6CTS
04-15-10, 05:37 PM
Or get a broomstick and follow the FAQ method...I've also found that switching to a high temp DOT 4 (Motul, ATE, etc) really helped smooth mine out.

I'm running Motul RBF 600 and like it a lot.

mrmojo95
04-24-10, 11:20 PM
Appreciate the info guys, yeah had a shop do the Slave and they forgot to record the clutch life remaining! Great..Thanks guys! I would agree...a proper bleed should do it...developed a new problem that now has priority..massive noise like drive shaft hitting metal under slow rpm/mph. i have already destroyed a shaft and carrier bearing..and this sound sounds exactly like it...but i cant see anything wrong..?!