: Wait4me tunes and warning... Help requested

CoOlSlY
04-14-10, 09:39 AM
If you have a 2010 CTS-V, before thinking of buying a programmer or tunes from Wait4me, please read below (when a solution becomes available, I will update this thread for sure!)

Yesterday, uploaded the "track tune" to my car at the drag strip... It failed and said "Go back to stock". When I try to go back to stock, when "Program ECU" appears, it goes for 15% and then states "Error 1016"... Car won't start, had it towed... :( Now, tried to pull the BCM fuses, no success, still the same error, car still won't start...

Long story short, SCT release the .119 that supports the 2010 CTS-V in late march 2010 but there's some serious issue so far with the tunes or the programmer and Jesse is unreachable (trying to get ahold of him since almost a month for a basic question on wich tune is what but no e-mail respond).

Any suggestions, anybody?

GMX322V S/C
04-14-10, 09:48 AM
Did you try pulling the OnStar fuse?

CoOlSlY
04-14-10, 09:50 AM

Affirmative. All 6 BCM fuses are currently removed and also the Onstar fuse. I tried to disconnect the battery all night also

musclesbmf
04-14-10, 09:50 AM
Call him...
Email for these things is just silly. He is great to talk to and choc full of information.

Mark

Titaniumseeker
04-14-10, 10:10 AM
If you have a 2010 CTS-V, before thinking of buying a programmer or tunes from Wait4me, please read below (when a solution becomes available, I will update this thread for sure!)

Yesterday, uploaded the "track tune" to my car at the drag strip... It failed and said "Go back to stock". When I try to go back to stock, when "Program ECU" appears, it goes for 15% and then states "Error 1016"... Car won't start, had it towed... :( Now, tried to pull the BCM fuses, no success, still the same error, car still won't start...

Long story short, SCT release the .119 that supports the 2010 CTS-V in late march 2010 but there's some serious issue so far with the tunes or the programmer and Jesse is unreachable (trying to get ahold of him since almost a month for a basic question on wich tune is what but no e-mail respond).

Contact Rudy@SCT (407) 774-2447...

CoOlSlY
04-14-10, 10:17 AM
Just got off the phone with SCT, they will log in remotely, first 2010 for them so they are not sure if it could be related to the tune or the programmer...

CadV
04-14-10, 11:03 AM
Typical Jesse.

DrumStix
04-14-10, 11:06 AM

Figgrin unpossible so I was told (thought it happened to me). :mad:

DrumStix
04-14-10, 11:07 AM

No dice.

CadV
04-14-10, 11:08 AM
Did you try and pull the TCM fuse?

CoOlSlY
04-14-10, 11:11 AM
Did you try and pull the TCM fuse?

In the manual, it states "TCM BATT", is this the one you are talking about? Otherwise, no TCM fuse

CIWS
04-14-10, 12:57 PM
Sucks man, sorry to hear.

DrumStix
04-14-10, 01:13 PM
dupe

Tedboss1
04-14-10, 01:26 PM
Dupe may be... but he is asking for our help.
He can't even start his car.
Can anybody help him?

neuronbob
04-14-10, 01:50 PM
^^^^^
He means "duplicate". I don't think he was saying anything about the OP.

OP, your best option if pulling the fuses hasn't helped is to call Jess. I have found him to be easily available, though he is pretty busy, so keep trying if you don't get him on the first try. Just my IMHO.

cbloveday
04-14-10, 01:55 PM
GM SF3/X3 - Solution
•Confirm that your tuner has the most recent Firmware; found by going into Device Info on the tuner and comparing to the firmware listed on the website.
•If using Pre-Loaded tunes, confirm that your tuner has the most recent Tune Revision; found by going into Device Info on the tuner and comparing to the tune revision listed on the website.
•If using Custom Tunes, confirm with your tuner that the tune file was created for the correct Transmission Type. (Auto or Manual)
•If the vehicle has an After Market Radio, you may need to pull the Radio and Radio Amp fuses.
•If none of the above resolves your issue, pull the following fuses: On-Star, and the 5 BCM fuses.
*If unable to start your car, jack the front end of your vehicle as high as the floor jack will allow. Put your tuner under the wheel and release the jack.

Seriously, Have you checked to make sure your firmware and downloader are current? Seems you have done everything else.

CTSV4now
04-14-10, 02:02 PM
For legalities, you may want to change "put your tuner" to "put your tuning device"

Fubar75207
04-14-10, 02:15 PM
I had a different experience when dealing with Jessie. He spent 30mins on the phone telling me about the bits and pieces of my new V. I'm sorry hear you are having problems and I hope it gets resolved soon.

CoOlSlY
04-14-10, 02:17 PM
Here's a long post so if somebody have exactly this issue, he will be able to do something with this post probably, otherwise, you can skip this post because it basically explain what happened/how/resolution ;)

SITUATION:
((All fuses in))
- Went to the track yesterday. I had tried the max tune before and was giving lots of alert so decided to go back to stock
- Decided to try another tune called "CoOlSlY Valet 3.cef" wich Jesse said "It's named how you wanted by the numbers" so my 3rd tune that I asked for was a track tune so I guess the "CoOlSlY Valet 3.cef" is the track tune so I try to load that
- 93% done, it says "Cannot install tune, turn off ignition"
- I turn off the ignition, it states "Reload Return to stock" so...
- I "Reload return to stock", car is not starting
- We pull the Onstar fuse in the trunk
- We tried 5 minutes with the positive battery connector disconnected, no luck
((Didn't knew for the BCM so had the car towed to my house. MANY THANKS to tedboss1 who took my girlfriend and a friend back home... Can't thank him enough))
- This morning, took all the 6 BCM fuses off, not working
- Took the TCM BATT fuse off... Bizarre result, instead of failing at 13-15%, it failed at 36%... Put back all the fuses, try to start, no succes... Remove again all the fuses except the TCM BATT fuse, "Return to stock" and bingo, it worked all the way through 100%

CAUSE:
- All of this seems to have happened because all the BCM fuses were not removed BEFORE tuning the car so I would suggest that if you have a 2010, even if it was stated on various posts that it was not necessery with the new firmware, maybe the 2010 had changes in their way to communicate between the modules (?)

RESOLUTION:
- Pull 6 BCM fuses
- Pull TCM BATT
- "Return to stock" - FAIL at 36% instead of 13-15%
- Put back TCM BATT
- "Return to stock"
- Worked out

Is it a combination of things that made it work, I dunno, we tried a lot of things. Now, I need to get a hold of Jesse to tell me what exactly wich tune is what and also, maybe stuffs have changed in the 2010 because as soon as I put a tune in the car, it says "Service parking brake" "Service stabilitrak" "Parking assist disabled" so as of today, tuning the 2010 seems to be different than tuning the 2009. Hopefully, I will be able to reach Jesse and get all this sorted out and I will revive this post with new answers but for now, not sure it's a good thing to tune a 2010 CTS-V as you may run in the same troubles I'm currently getting with the tunes. Great thank's to Kris at SCT and Rudy who was helping Kris, we were on the phone for a while testing a lot of things and they checked the stock tune and they were REALLY REALLY helpful.

Sorry for the long post but thank's to everyone who also helped! Nice community we have at cadillacforums.com for sure and I'll update this thread when everything is sorted out! As usual "you gotta pay to play" ;)

CoOlSlY
04-14-10, 02:30 PM
I had a different experience when dealing with Jessie. He spent 30mins on the phone telling me about the bits and pieces of my new V. I'm sorry hear you are having problems and I hope it gets resolved soon.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying he's not good, i'm just saying that I usually don't have any call back when I ask for one and maybe he should refuse to sell stuff to people if he knows he won't be able to provide the service because he's too busy or in this example, functionnal tunes... ;) I also have to add, i'm not mad at him, I just want like some people, a product that works and tunes that works in a "fashionable" timeframe. I purchased the SCT programmer from him because it was coming with 3 tunes of our choice. Like I purchased my COBB accessport because they were coming with 4 tunes and as my Predator wich came specifically for my SRT-8, also with 4 tunes... I just want to have functionnal tunes and some precision on the tune names but i'm never getting replied or called back, it's a bit frustating even if it's just "tunes" and it's no hurry. 1 month is IMO too long to get a problem solved, whatever the nature and the price you paid for a service or a part. I would understand if my programmer was defective (have to send it back, the dealer sends it back to example SCT, they are out of stock or waiting for parts from China, that could take months) but when there's no defective parts wich needs to be serviced, 1 month is a bit too long IMO and i'm poking him every 3-4 days (but not in the past 10 days since he was out)... But i'm sure we'll get this solved soon! The good news is, the forum members are really helpful! :)

Titaniumseeker
04-14-10, 03:37 PM
Glad to hear you are at a point where you got the car started. I know that can be nerve racking.

Vrocks
04-14-10, 04:33 PM
Just got off the phone with SCT, they will log in remotely, first 2010 for them so they are not sure if it could be related to the tune or the programmer...
I've worked with SCT on this - I have a 2010 as well. We were never able to get it to work, it wouldn't even upload the stock tune. Pulled every bcm and onstar fuse and updated the firmware, etc... No go.

Something changed in the 2010s. I was on the phone with them for weeks trying to ge it to work... October through January...

Good luck.

CoOlSlY
04-14-10, 04:36 PM
I've worked with SCT on this - I have a 2010 as well. We were never able to get it to work, it wouldn't even upload the stock tune. Pulled every bcm and onstar fuse and updated the firmware, etc... No go.

Something changed in the 2010s. I was on the phone with them for weeks trying to ge it to work... October through January...

Good luck.

Were you using a Wait4Me tune? Also, how did you managed to get everything solved? Have you been able to tune your car?

Nutz
04-14-10, 07:55 PM
This kinda stuff is why it pays to get a complete separate performance PCM. If the unlikely event that this ever happened, you get a ride home pick up the oem unit, do a 2 minute swap, and call it a day.

Might take some time, last time there was a shoutout here for him he was in New Mexico, and even had pics from a roadside business from his phone in a ZR1.

Tedboss1
04-16-10, 09:14 AM
CoOISIY
Did you ever managed to get hold of Jesse?

CoOlSlY
04-16-10, 12:50 PM
CoOISIY
Did you ever managed to get hold of Jesse?

Nope but somebody was kind enough to give me he's cell phone number so if I don't hear back from him by monday, i'll give him a call on his cell phone.

cbloveday
04-16-10, 01:01 PM
Nope but somebody was kind enough to give me he's cell phone number so if I don't hear back from him by monday, i'll give him a call on his cell phone.

CoOlSly,

Do not exoect him to get a message on his mobile. You have to keep trying to you reach him on the cell. That is how I get him.

CadV
04-16-10, 04:30 PM
His name is fitting since your always waiting for him.

Fubar75207
04-16-10, 06:58 PM
His name is fitting since your always waiting for him.

http://www.bored383.com/gallery/albums/crap/vw_oh_snap.gif

CadV
04-18-10, 09:55 PM
http://www.bored383.com/gallery/albums/crap/vw_oh_snap.gif

I can't take credit, that beauty was coined by Greg* :)

M5DriverNY
04-18-10, 11:39 PM
I hate any and all OBD2 handheld

What ECU is in the CTSV? Can they be benched flashed? Anyone know?

CadV
04-19-10, 12:37 AM
I hate any and all OBD2 handheld

What ECU is in the CTSV? Can they be benched flashed? Anyone know?

E67, HP Tuners and EFI Live

M5DriverNY
04-19-10, 08:37 AM
E67, HP Tuners and EFI Live

Whats an E67? Ac Delco type box, denso?

CadV
04-19-10, 10:29 AM
Whats an E67? Ac Delco type box, denso?

AC Delco, I believe

CPVee
04-19-10, 01:11 PM
I have a 2010 V2 Automatic built in March of this year. Lower Pulley, 160 T-stat, extra heat exchanger, and a 3" exhaust. After installing all of the parts last week I received three tunes from Jesse. I uploaded the stock tune, sent it to wait4me and then tried to download the Mild tune. It didn't work. After reading more of the documentation I realized that a new firmware release for the programmer was completed in March. I downloaded the new firmware (.119), installed it and I have now installed all three tunes one after the other. I don't know what the difference between the tunes is, but I assume they go from Mild to Max to Race increasing in performance. I requested that Jesse modify the shift in manual mode to shift out of whatever gear it is in at max RPM rather than shutting off the fuel. He did this for the Mild tune but not for the others. I have a call in to him to ask why? Hannah didn't know.

Any insights would be welcome.

CTSV4now
04-19-10, 02:45 PM
I requested that Jesse modify the shift in manual mode to shift out of whatever gear it is in at max RPM rather than shutting off the fuel. He did this for the Mild tune

That is a great idea. I'd want it only for Max tune as I frequently hit that limiter.

CPVee
04-19-10, 05:49 PM
Mercedes shifts up when in Manual and you hit the rev limit. I like to start in
1st gear and turn the corner, get the car straight, etc and then stand on it when the car is straight. The V gets to the limit too quickly and you just can't nail the 1-2 shift. The alternative is to watch the car shift up to 3rd and then watch it have to downshift to 1st again when you nail it. Just isn't right.

Ramimotors
05-23-10, 06:01 AM
Here's a long post so if somebody have exactly this issue, he will be able to do something with this post probably, otherwise, you can skip this post because it basically explain what happened/how/resolution ;)

SITUATION:
((All fuses in))
- Went to the track yesterday. I had tried the max tune before and was giving lots of alert so decided to go back to stock
- Decided to try another tune called "CoOlSlY Valet 3.cef" wich Jesse said "It's named how you wanted by the numbers" so my 3rd tune that I asked for was a track tune so I guess the "CoOlSlY Valet 3.cef" is the track tune so I try to load that
- 93% done, it says "Cannot install tune, turn off ignition"
- I turn off the ignition, it states "Reload Return to stock" so...
- I "Reload return to stock", car is not starting
- We pull the Onstar fuse in the trunk
- We tried 5 minutes with the positive battery connector disconnected, no luck
((Didn't knew for the BCM so had the car towed to my house. MANY THANKS to tedboss1 who took my girlfriend and a friend back home... Can't thank him enough))
- This morning, took all the 6 BCM fuses off, not working
- Took the TCM BATT fuse off... Bizarre result, instead of failing at 13-15%, it failed at 36%... Put back all the fuses, try to start, no succes... Remove again all the fuses except the TCM BATT fuse, "Return to stock" and bingo, it worked all the way through 100%

CAUSE:
- All of this seems to have happened because all the BCM fuses were not removed BEFORE tuning the car so I would suggest that if you have a 2010, even if it was stated on various posts that it was not necessery with the new firmware, maybe the 2010 had changes in their way to communicate between the modules (?)

RESOLUTION:
- Pull 6 BCM fuses
- Pull TCM BATT
- "Return to stock" - FAIL at 36% instead of 13-15%
- Put back TCM BATT
- "Return to stock"
- Worked out

Is it a combination of things that made it work, I dunno, we tried a lot of things. Now, I need to get a hold of Jesse to tell me what exactly wich tune is what and also, maybe stuffs have changed in the 2010 because as soon as I put a tune in the car, it says "Service parking brake" "Service stabilitrak" "Parking assist disabled" so as of today, tuning the 2010 seems to be different than tuning the 2009. Hopefully, I will be able to reach Jesse and get all this sorted out and I will revive this post with new answers but for now, not sure it's a good thing to tune a 2010 CTS-V as you may run in the same troubles I'm currently getting with the tunes. Great thank's to Kris at SCT and Rudy who was helping Kris, we were on the phone for a while testing a lot of things and they checked the stock tune and they were REALLY REALLY helpful.

Sorry for the long post but thank's to everyone who also helped! Nice community we have at cadillacforums.com for sure and I'll update this thread when everything is sorted out! As usual "you gotta pay to play" ;)

its true and 100 % working , it happened with me the same and your way working
thanks

DrumStix
05-23-10, 09:40 AM
Dupe may be... but he is asking for our help.
He can't even start his car.
Can anybody help him?

No, my post was a dupe. See post above, meaning I duplicated it. Got it?

CoOlSlY
05-23-10, 11:54 AM
I can still say that Wait4me is fast to answer when you want to buy but not in a hurry when it's not working.

DrumStix
05-23-10, 07:58 PM
I can still say that Wait4me is fast to answer when you want to buy but not in a hurry when it's not working.

I've noticed that.

Q8 6.2
05-25-10, 12:07 AM

haha you too:) no class w4me:tisk:

yeh he got me he did this to me too he was so fast in fact really fast to answer my questions in detail but after he got my money that was it he kept me hanging and wondering for months. no info or anything..

what really got me angry is i wast time writing email about my where is my stuff that i paid for and he dose not even reply back ..