: need advice please help

jwalkerblack
04-14-10, 12:45 AM
hey guys..i baught a 2006 sts v last summer and been enjoying ever since..recently though i feel like the car is not shifting right. its like say im going steady at 60mph on the high way and i step on the gas to pass the car bogs..its not down shifting to 5th or 4th gear..the psi meter goes way up but the car just doesnt want to go..then like the other day im going about forty over a bridge and step on it half way up and just no power the car starts to bog because its stuck in a higher gear,i feel its not downshifting right?? when i shift it manually the car is a beast! i have brang it two a dealer for warranty work and they tol me theres "no codes" comming up so basicly theres nothing wrong with it..i dont no what to do anybody else have a 2006 and have some info on this issue? how does yours shif? / does it ever bog? any advice and help would be greatly appreciated!
thanx guys

cadillac94pimpin
04-14-10, 11:20 AM
Mine does that same exact thing and I have an 06. Also, the 2 to 3 shift is verry odd sometimes like some sort of a slip.
The other thing that happens is sometimes when it shifts from say 2 to 3 when it hits 3 it sort of bogs if my foot isnt past half throttle.
There is a TSB I believe for the TCM I havent had it done beacuse the service addvisor I brought it to of course "didnt know anything about it" even when I offered to pay to have it updated. I printed out those pages from the ECU calibration web site I just need to put it in his face and say maybe you just dont know what YOUR talking about.

jedhead
04-14-10, 02:52 PM
Sounds like something is wrong to me. I have noticed that when the lever is over to the right sport mode, it seems to take less throttle to cause a downshift than when the lever is normal mode. I usually give the throttle about half way to the floor to cause a downshift. If I floor it from 60 or so, the transmission will downshift into 3rd from 6th. About 40 at WOT, the transmission will drop into 2nd.

Bob

jwalkerblack
04-15-10, 11:44 AM
hey pimpin..what did you downlaod? and do you have and esb numbers for what were having trouble with? what is an ECU calibration ?

PGA2B
04-15-10, 11:54 AM
Go to the dealership and have them preform:

(Reprogram ECM) TSB #06-06-04-053 (10/16/2006)
Models: 2006 Cadillac STS-V, XLR-V with Supercharged 4.4L Northstar DOHC V8 SC Engine (VIN D --RPO LC3)

When I first picked mine up it was shifting very strange and they tried to do that TSB but ended up replacing the ECM and then reprogramming it because the old ECM would not take the upload.

No issues since.

Bee iLL
04-15-10, 12:03 PM
hey guys..i baught a 2006 sts v last summer and been enjoying ever since..recently though i feel like the car is not shifting right. its like say im going steady at 60mph on the high way and i step on the gas to pass the car bogs..its not down shifting to 5th or 4th gear..the psi meter goes way up but the car just doesnt want to go..then like the other day im going about forty over a bridge and step on it half way up and just no power the car starts to bog because its stuck in a higher gear,i feel its not downshifting right?? when i shift it manually the car is a beast! i have brang it two a dealer for warranty work and they tol me theres "no codes" comming up so basicly theres nothing wrong with it..i dont no what to do anybody else have a 2006 and have some info on this issue? how does yours shif? / does it ever bog? any advice and help would be greatly appreciated!
thanx guys

Not saying this is the problem, but I use to experience something similar when driving on the highway and trying to step on it to pass. Problem was the traction control kicking in. I now ALWAYS drive in competition mode, and have not had the problem since. Just a suggestion for something to try.

cadillac94pimpin
04-15-10, 12:56 PM
hey pimpin..what did you downlaod? and do you have and esb numbers for what were having trouble with? what is an ECU calibration ?

A while back someone posted a link to some sort of GM site that listed updates that were released to certain parimeters of the ECU.

The TSB that was just posted should be what you and I both need.

The site did show some other revisions as well but I cant find the link.

jwalkerblack
04-15-10, 02:27 PM
hey pimp n..i have a link on these forums i think to our problem but it wont let me post the link becase im a new member

cad08stsv
04-16-10, 05:39 AM
Email it to Cadillac 94 of Bee iLL and they my be able to post it for you
Russell
Ps I would be happy to do it for you and the gang.

Bee iLL
04-16-10, 09:29 AM
What is the title of the post? Did you try just copying and pasting the web address into the post without using the link button?

cad08stsv
04-16-10, 10:05 AM
Link sent to me from jwalkerblack

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...06-sts-vs.html

I don't know anything about this liink

jwalkerblack
04-16-10, 03:30 PM
117988-service-bulletin-06-sts-vs
here is the thread number above it wont let me post entire link or pm you guys the correct link

silverws6ta
04-16-10, 07:54 PM
A while back someone posted a link to some sort of GM site that listed updates that were released to certain parimeters of the ECU.

Thatta could have been me --

http://calid.gm.com

jwalkerblack
04-16-10, 10:18 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/117988-service-bulletin-06-sts-vs.html

jwalkerblack
04-16-10, 10:27 PM
ok..i was finally able to post the link above..let me know what you guys think..i found it from 07

jwalkerblack
04-19-10, 11:06 AM

hey pimp n>>were you able to get anywhere with the codes? or tsb?