: Before I install my Fidanza clutch?

tommy compton
04-14-10, 12:11 AM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e29/tommycompton/clutch.jpg
I purchased the bearing on the left when I bought my slave, from Luke. What I ordered is the pilot bearing.
O.k so when I ordered the Fidanza from Adam it includes the pilot bearing, the one in the middle. Well the two bearing I have look nothing like each other, I assume i'll find out what the pilot looks like when I remove the flywheel.
Another question, what is the spacer/collar on the right? Is this something I will find when I remove the OEM clutch? or is it for the fidanza only? if so where does it go?
Next. I'm having a hard time finding flanged bolts for the slave and spacer.
Hopefully Adam can chime in here, but m6x1.0x40mm fit in the hole, but seem a tad short, they only stick out the back of the spacer about 1/4" at most, doesn't seem like it will grab much. The m8x1.25x40mm are too thick to fit in the slave and spacer holes.
The bolts I found are on the far right top, hopefully with a washer they can replace the flanged bolts? in say a 50mm.
I am also very dissapointed I never got any Fidanza stickers with my clutch ;)
I like stickers for my tool box.

ctsv154
04-14-10, 09:47 AM
My car used the ball bearing type pilot bearing. The two on the right are both pilot bearings as well. The one on the left is a roller and the one on the right is a bushing. My guess is you will use the sealed ball bearing one. I found my flanges hardware at ace hardware but don't recall the dimentions.

MAPerformance
04-14-10, 12:46 PM
They are included in the kit because some CTS-V's depending on the year need one of the ones on the right, mine used the sealed bearing on the left. When you pull out your twin you will know right away which one you will need.

As far as the bolts, I recommended in another post 50mm bolts. With a washer they will work fine, you will notice when you take off the slave the factory bolts don't thread into the holes in the bell housing too far.

Sorry about the stickers, I don't even have any for our showroom. Fidanza is mega-stingy on their stickers :(

I can send you some MAP stickers for your toolbox.

-Adam

tommy compton
04-14-10, 01:07 PM
Thanks guys, I was wondering what the extra pieces were lol.
Next time I order from ya Adam send me those MAP stickers I'll rock them on my tool box. I really hate stingy sticker companies lol.

MAPerformance
04-14-10, 01:26 PM
Haha, no problem. I'll send you some sweet ones on your next order!

soulja
04-14-10, 01:32 PM
Dude, post some pictures of the actual twin disk clutch, flywheel and pressure plate. :bigroll: Do a writeup too.:thumbsup:

tommy compton
04-14-10, 01:58 PM
If you mean this dude, I'll see what I can do. Not sure when I'm going to do the install. probably over the next week or so, I'll have to find the time. I'll be doing headers, cat back, clutch, trailing arms, and racing pedals all at the same time.

soulja
04-14-10, 02:17 PM
If you mean this dude, I'll see what I can do. Not sure when I'm going to do the install. probably over the next week or so, I'll have to find the time. I'll be doing headers, cat back, clutch, trailing arms, and racing pedals all at the same time.

Wow, darn near 4k in upgrades. Sweet! Can I get a job where you work? :bigroll: