: Insurance help guys!

dowlatij
04-13-10, 08:44 PM
Recently I got in an accident and the guys insurance said that they will fix my V. However, just recently I found out that insurance wants to go and order Chinese aftermarket to replace the parts and I told them hell no! I want strictly GM parts because not only is it a V but my warranty will be voided with that junk. They will not listen to me and keep wanting to go that route what do i do??

I really miss my V and just want it back but I want it fixed with quality and i dont know what to do!

SkullV
04-13-10, 08:46 PM
Keep insisting on OEM parts. You will get them. What is his insurance carrier?

heavymetals
04-13-10, 08:57 PM
Don't let them run your life.

Insist on genuine and accept no less.

If they won't, get the car totaled.

dowlatij
04-13-10, 09:19 PM
Farmers, I'm insisting none stop!

I can't get it totaled they don't want to do that either

Gus_Mahn
04-13-10, 09:21 PM
There are laws in some states to protect you. Find the laws in your state here (http://www.beyondparts.com/states/). What year is your car? It looks like CO pretty much sucks for consumer protection. Here is what I could find:
Imitation Crash Parts Regulations

Any nonoriginal equipment replacement crash part supplied for use in this state shall have the name or trademark of the manufacturer affixed to or inscribed on it. Such name or trademark shall be placed so as to be visible after installation of the part whenever practicable.

No insurer shall specify the use of nonoriginal equipment replacement crash parts in the repair of an insured's motor vehicle without disclosing the intended use of such parts to the insured. In all instances where nonoriginal equipment replacement crash parts are intended for use by an insurer, the written estimate shall clearly identify each such part as being a nonoriginal equipment replacement crash part, and a disclosure document containing the following information in ten-point type or larger type shall appear on or be attached to the insured's copy of the estimate: "This estimate has been prepared based on the use of one or more crash parts supplied by a source other than the manufacturer of your motor vehicle. Warranties, if any, applicable to these replacement crash parts are provided by the parts manufacturer or distributor rather than by the manufacturer of your vehicle."

Nothing in this part 13 shall affect either rights, defenses, or liabilities of parties otherwise available at law regarding damages or injuries arising from the use of replacement crash parts.

dowlatij
04-13-10, 09:43 PM
Its an 06 n these guys are really ticking me off!

52many
04-13-10, 10:01 PM
Recently I got in an accident and the guys insurance said that they will fix my V. However, just recently I found out that insurance wants to go and order Chinese aftermarket to replace the parts and I told them hell no! I want strictly GM parts because not only is it a V but my warranty will be voided with that junk. They will not listen to me and keep wanting to go that route what do i do??

I really miss my V and just want it back but I want it fixed with quality and i dont know what to do!

Last year a raccoon had the misfortune of being vacumed up by the nostril of the v while I was driving. It's a long story, :alchi:, and involved an insurance claim of just under $5000 :alchi: (no frame or major damage) and a wicked fight with the insurance guy :alchi:. It didn't help that my rep had taken ill and was out of the office.
Long story short: Luke from Lindsay's helped me identify the price differences and a friendly tech sent me GM's page from their book stating that my warranty would be voided by using non GM parts. I confronted the rep with that statement and he relented (after more serious bs :thehand:).
Do you need that statement? I think I can dig it up and email it to you tomorrow from the office. PM or send me your email address and I'll send it along. Good luck! They can be turds!

thebigjimsho
04-13-10, 10:24 PM
I got into a major accident with my '07 Town Car and it needed about $22K in work including a rear bumper and an entire front clip and driver's door. The Ford dealer down the street used all OEM parts and I was pleasantly surprised how good it turned out. You couldn't tell it wasn't original.

A year later, I got sideswiped. The chassis was straight and all that needed to be done was to replace the driver's side panels, front to back. But since the first accident killed me losing it for 2 months, I wanted it back as fast as possible. Since my Ford dealer had shut down, I took it to a shop my parent company used almost exclusively. They didn't use OEM parts and it turned out horribly.

The front fender doesn't come close to matching the hood line. The doors don't seal well and I get wind noise at high speeds or high winds. And that front fender has an odd Town Car emblem that I've never seen before. Most likely Chinese...

Claimslngr
04-13-10, 11:19 PM
Do you have the ability to have your company handle it, or have you asked. How much of a difference in cost is there between the two bids? One other question, how many miles on your car or did I miss that?

cvettr/cts-v
04-13-10, 11:49 PM
I agree I would persue your insurance company fixing then they sue the other insurance company to get their money back. Threaten to sue the other insurance company for diminished value due to their clients fault and document that the diminished value would be larger with non-oem parts. definately talk to your insurer to see if they can help which is why we all pay for their services. Hopefully you have a good agent.

dowlatij
04-14-10, 12:17 AM
Well I called them and they said to speak with an attorney so I guess I have to wait and see what will go on tomorrow.

This sucks so much:mad:

50 4Ever
04-14-10, 01:19 PM
Someone backed into my 05 and fled the scene. I forget what year it was but Cadillac just contracted with china to make the 3rd stop light. So some OEM parts do come from China.... I had to wait 3 months for the thing..
Diminished value does not work in CA and probably not CO. I hear GA is great, they fix your car plus pay you for diminished value....

Dealing with insurance companies sucks....:alchi:

heavymetals
04-14-10, 02:20 PM
Well I called them and they said to speak with an attorney so I guess I have to wait and see what will go on tomorrow.

This sucks so much:mad:

Who told you that?

Get a name and have a nice conversation with the head of the insurance company.

I am sure they would like to know which reps are telling people to seek attorneys.

cvettr/cts-v
04-14-10, 02:46 PM
I too would go over that persons head and see what they tink of that advise. What did your insurance company say? Are they going to go to bat for you?

supernova_inc
04-14-10, 04:22 PM
It may be important to ask what parts they found that were aftermarket. I work in the industry and have in the past worked for the insurance company you are dealing with. I have never found pieces like fenders, lamps, and bumpers. I have found recondition headlamps and bumpers though and those are technically oe parts, or were.

Is your vehicle currently at one of their direct repair shops? Is it with you and you went through as a drive through estimate? If they are using am sheet metal it has to be CAPA certifed and to my knowledge there is not CAPA sheet metal avail on the V. If your bumper is written to be replaced, they most likely wrote for a reconditioned cover. I had one ordered for my car, inspected it with the shop at time of repair and found stress cracks in the primer sent by the recond company. We used that as support to just order a OE one after that point.

There are definitly ways to word things to get what you are after you just have to be calm and persistent and having that document will definitly help you.

dowlatij
04-14-10, 04:59 PM
Well they said that because they have the same policy about the whole aftermarket thing. So i am on my own and have no clue what to do, i can not wait another month just to get my parts.

heavymetals
04-14-10, 05:45 PM
fill this out:

http://www.dora.state.co.us/pls/real/INS_Complaint.Submit_Form

Contact these:

http://www.dora.state.co.us/insurance/