: New to the Forum

rbu1
04-13-10, 08:04 AM
Good Morning everyone....I am new to the forum and am already looking for some guidance. I recently purchased an 07 Escalade for my wife. The vehicle has 45,000 miles on it. Knowing that I only have 5k left on the factory warranty is there anything I should pay close attention to? Are there any known issues I can have the dealer take care of before the factory warraty expires. Your help and guidance is greatly appreciated.

hcvone
04-13-10, 08:44 AM
Front and rear diffs can be a problems because most owners do not do any service to their trucks, and the gear oil takes a beating, I would check and change all the fluids, it can only help, and welcome to the Forum. :)

rbu1
04-13-10, 09:08 AM
Thank you for the response. What about any items that can fall under the factory warranty? I assume fluid changes do not fall under any kind of warranty.

North49
04-13-10, 09:25 PM
Thank you for the response. What about any items that can fall under the factory warranty? I assume fluid changes do not fall under any kind of warranty.

They are your responsibility unless you have also purchased a service agreement as part of your deal.

rbu1
04-13-10, 10:02 PM
I understand that. The purpose of my post was to get some advice about what warranty items I might look for, before my factory warranty expires. Are there any known issues with the escalades in 07 that I can have the dealer check out? I know shocks are a concern and the front ones were replaced and the rear ones the dealer said look fine. The battery was just replaced in February......So are there any other known issues that escalades have?