: 07 rusting

buckeyefan007
04-12-10, 09:28 PM
Just wondering if anyone else is having any rust issues on the interior of the rear doors? I noticed some slight blistering and light rust on both rear doors and a little on my rear hatch jam also.

I thought at one time I read on here other people were having this issue. I will be taking it in to the dealer next week to have it looked at. Very disconcerning as it is an 07 with just 19000 miles on and in mint condition.

hcvone
04-13-10, 07:58 AM
Just wondering if anyone else is having any rust issues on the interior of the rear doors? I noticed some slight blistering and light rust on both rear doors and a little on my rear hatch jam also.

I thought at one time I read on here other people were having this issue. I will be taking it in to the dealer next week to have it looked at. Very disconcerning as it is an 07 with just 19000 miles on and in mint condition.

On one of my 07's I had a little rust on the door sill, drivers, I think I caused it with my ice spikes. I sanded it, used Rust-Oleum primmer and then diamond white touch up and never saw rust again for the year I owned it. :)

Dave1972
04-15-10, 09:28 PM
Hey Buckeye,

YES--It was me. I had my dealer clean up the rear inner lips and the rear hatch lip last year. Made it through a Wisconsin winter and low and behold it's back again. I'm VERY distraught about it as I am pretty sure the dealer will fix it again, but it's an 07 Cadillac for crying out loud. Not apples-to-apples but I had an 02GMC pickup that was driven in 9 years of our winters and held up better than the Caddy after 3-4 winters.

Pic #13 is the door and #14 is the rear hatch. This was before being repaired the first time.

buckeyefan007
04-16-10, 12:41 PM
Hey Dave, that is exactly where mine is rusting, if I did not know any better I would think those pics were of mine.
Took it to the dealer yesterday and they looked at and our going to fix it under warranty next Thursday. Needless to say I am not thriled about this, this is GM's top of the line. My 03 Accord in my daily driver with 150,000 mies on and has no rust. I drive this Lade may be once a month, it gets washed and waxed more times than it is actually driven in a year.

I hopr this is the one and only time I need this fixed.

dsteinmann
04-16-10, 03:34 PM
Mine Was exactly the same as daves the dealer fixed it once and it came back after the winter. I JUst sold it for a 08 CTS

buckeyefan007
04-16-10, 05:16 PM
Mine Was exactly the same as daves the dealer fixed it once and it came back after the winter. I JUst sold it for a 08 CTS

I sure hope this is not a sign of things to come because my dealer will get tired of seeing me coming, believe me.:want:

Dave1972
04-16-10, 09:55 PM
Buckeye--Agreed and mine is back already after being fixed in mid 2009. Hopefully their bodyshop has a lifetime warranty as it is back again and looks like crap. I just don't understand the GM Flagship SUV rusting after 3 years? Really strange that's for sure. Have only heard about this on the white diamond--maybe because it's easier to see I'm not sure?

buckeyefan007
04-16-10, 10:26 PM
Well, mine is Quicksilver, but it has the rust in the exact same spots as yours the rear doors and the back hatch lip. I find it hard that this is just coincidence. I understand I live in Ohio right in the middle of the snow belt, but come on GM, something is not right here.
I will be the dealerships worst nightmare if this continues as I am extremely fussy about my vehicles. My father once told me if he were a dealership and he saw me coming he would close the doors and refuse to sell me a vehicle. His 2002 Deville with 80k has no rust on it all. He lives down the street from me and I wash and wax his ride the same time I do my own. His chrome wheels hold up much better than my Lades also don't get me started on them.:banghead: