: Performance Air Intake Kits ?

rollman
08-22-04, 10:34 PM
Anybody here try these out . I saw a kit listed on ebay , the price doesn't sound to bad . <<LINK>> (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7917488217&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT) They do look kool , whats your thoughs on them? TIA

caddydaddy
08-23-04, 08:04 AM
I bought one similar for my 2000 STS. The pipe was smaller than the TB size and there was nothing to fit it to the Mass Airflow Sensor. Your STS doesn't have one, but that's just something to be aware of.

Good luck!

foo
08-24-04, 10:12 AM
The MAF is almost 80mm and the TB is like 70mm or 72.. all of those intake pipes are 3" which is smaller than the MAF opening.. I e-mailed a bunch of the 'ebay' el-cheapo air intake kits and nobody had anything > 3".. I'm designing a new intake and having a shop custom make a tube and claps (silicone) for me..

61 Bel Air
08-25-04, 02:07 PM
we're looking for people in southern california for intake kit development, in exchange for using your vehicle you will get a free kit oncde it goes into production. we're currently looking for XLR, CTS-V, SRX

foo
08-25-04, 03:08 PM
I'll donate my 99 STS to anyone who wants to create things like headers, intakes, headwork, etc. :) Don't want to pass up free stuff :> Unfortunately, I"m in ohio though.