: 2010 Escalade Prices.. WTF?!?!?!

2007slade
04-10-10, 01:58 PM
Just went on the Cadillac site to price out a 2010 Escalade and boy was I shocked to see the 2010 pricing. I bough my 07 (lets not get in to the options) for 63k brand new. I just priced out exact options on a 2010 Escalade and it came out to be $73K

What gives? Ive never seen a car go up in price that much over just a few years. Typically you will see a couple hundred dollar increase per year, but in this case its more then 3k per year.

Any input?

Punmax
04-10-10, 08:03 PM
You paid $63K after rebates/discounts/etc?

I'm pretty sure that $73K is without any incentives.

Punmax
04-10-10, 08:03 PM
Where are you located? Up here in Canada, my local dealership has a '10 Escalade listed for $92K.

trashguy
04-10-10, 09:38 PM
my cousin has been looking also,69k for a base and up to 84k
for a platnium. 900 a month to lease a base and 1150 for a lux.
48 months no money down.that's with whatever current rebate and
another 1k rebate for current lexus/toyota owners.

hcvone
04-11-10, 06:48 AM
Just went on the Cadillac site to price out a 2010 Escalade and boy was I shocked to see the 2010 pricing. I bough my 07 (lets not get in to the options) for 63k brand new. I just priced out exact options on a 2010 Escalade and it came out to be $73K

What gives? Ive never seen a car go up in price that much over just a few years. Typically you will see a couple hundred dollar increase per year, but in this case its more then 3k per year.

Any input?

They have gone up, have not seen a 10k difference, I have purchased 6 Escalade's since Feb 2006 (2007 models and newer I am talking about) My first 2007 (purchased in Feb 2006) sticker price was $66,735.00, my 2010 sticker price was 72,605.00 under 6k over 4 years, they have added options thru the years, and taken away some too, the adds are blind spot indicators. express up windows, USB, bluetooth, magnetic ride (huge difference from the 2007's in ride quality) and of course union bennies :( . I will say this, my 2010 truck is the best GM truck I have ever owed or driven to this point, it's the fastest, best handling, best ride, best fuel mileage Escalade so far. :)

shawn744
04-11-10, 06:10 PM
got my 2008 ext sticker price was 68000, plus tax and fees extended warranty to 100k miles and 5 years, plus the previous escalades leftover, it was mid 70s...i paid 60k out the door. Now, i'm seeing them in the high 80s....what a ripoff for a piece of garbage truck. You'll never see me in a GM again..

2007slade
04-11-10, 09:14 PM
The sticker on my car was 63k when i bought it. I priced out the same exact options on a 2010 and it priced out at 73k. 10k increase when comparing apples to apples. I don't see what GM is doing and how they are justifying the price increase.

hcvone
04-12-10, 07:58 AM
The sticker on my car was 63k when i bought it. I priced out the same exact options on a 2010 and it priced out at 73k. 10k increase when comparing apples to apples. I don't see what GM is doing and how they are justifying the price increase.

What options did you have in 07'. My trucks are all the same, every option except rear seat entertainment and I saw less than 7k difference in 4 years, just trying to see how you could see a 10k difference in the same time period. If you want to compare apples to apples you have to take off the price of the added new items, and subtract the items no longer offered. I have seven Escalade window stickers from Feb 2006 to Feb 2010 and only have a $6840.00 difference. :)

Fast Eddie
04-12-10, 01:05 PM
The difference is not just in the sticker, it is in the transaction price. I leased my ESV in '08 with a sticker of $71,xxx with a $14,xxx discount off sticker. Today that same truck is up $4,xxx sticker and they are talking $3-4k off the sticker. OUCH. I will certainly be leaving Cadi at those ridiculous prices.

In the past we all knew the prices were ridiculous, but since they ALWAYS gave large discounts it didn't matter. Now they actually expect you to pay these insanely inflated prices...

hcvone
04-12-10, 01:50 PM
The difference is not just in the sticker, it is in the transaction price. I leased my ESV in '08 with a sticker of $71,xxx with a $14,xxx discount off sticker. Today that same truck is up $4,xxx sticker and they are talking $3-4k off the sticker. OUCH. I will certainly be leaving Cadi at those ridiculous prices.

In the past we all knew the prices were ridiculous, but since they ALWAYS gave large discounts it didn't matter. Now they actually expect you to pay these insanely inflated prices...

Not really true, you just got to look harder for the good deals, my first 07' Escalade stickered for 66+ and I paid 60k, my 2010 stickered for 72+ and I paid 59k, as I said I could not turn down my deal. :)

Fast Eddie
04-12-10, 09:18 PM
Carl, If you can get me a 2010 regular escalade with a $72,xxx msrp for below sticker I would be eternally grateful! No one has any stock around here and there are no incentives on the truck...

hcvone
04-13-10, 07:59 AM
Carl, If you can get me a 2010 regular escalade with a $72,xxx msrp for below sticker I would be eternally grateful! No one has any stock around here and there are no incentives on the truck...

Where are you located? What state

evois
04-13-10, 08:41 AM
my 2010 stickered for 72+ and I paid 59k, as I said I could not turn down my deal. :)

:eek:that is one heck of a deal!

corvette00
04-13-10, 09:25 AM
In April they removed $1,000 of the EVA money. I think the 10 Escalade has more standard equipment than the 07 (I am still pissed about the rain sense wipers).

hcvone
04-13-10, 09:52 AM
:eek:that is one heck of a deal!

Didn't want a black truck, but was not turning down the deal I got. ;)

hcvone
04-13-10, 09:59 AM
In April they removed $1,000 of the EVA money. I think the 10 Escalade has more standard equipment than the 07 (I am still pissed about the rain sense wipers).

Me too about the wipers, but my 2010 is so much better than my other trucks in so many ways, having said that it has been back to the dealer for warranty repairs 3 times in 500 miles, once for a bent pin inside the fuel pump connector (check engine light, ran fine) , once for liftgate adjustment, was rubbing the side of the bumper while closing, once for faulty gas cap (check enging light, ran fine) Glad my Chevy dealer services Caddy now, I can drive in and they work on it right away, in and out in minutes. :)

Fast Eddie
04-13-10, 12:11 PM
I am in NY

2007slade
04-13-10, 08:27 PM
Not really true, you just got to look harder for the good deals, my first 07' Escalade stickered for 66+ and I paid 60k, my 2010 stickered for 72+ and I paid 59k, as I said I could not turn down my deal. :)

WHAT???? What dealer got you that off the hook price? Can you provide the sale guys name and number ill put an order in right now!!!!

hcvone
04-14-10, 07:18 AM
WHAT???? What dealer got you that off the hook price? Can you provide the sale guys name and number ill put an order in right now!!!!

It's being in the right place at the right time, I know everyone always says that, but it's never been more true, the problem I saw was dealerships just don't stock that many Escalade's like they did several years ago. The big thing in Feb 2010 was the massive snow storms that hit the east coast, I know listening to the news you just kept hearing how bad car sales were because of the weather, these big dealerships need to sell cars to pay for their big buildings, my dealership told me they only sold a handful of cars in Feb. As I said I was not going to buy a 2010, and in metallic black, I would have said no way, but I could not turn down the deal, and I am glad I got it, so far very pleased, in fact I have not driven my other Escalade's because this one is it. What color and what model? I hear there is a dealer in trouble, I am going to head up there on Friday. ;)

hcvone
04-14-10, 07:18 AM
I am in NY

Colors? Model?

K9Caddy
04-14-10, 09:13 AM
Metallic Black?? Is that a new one for 2010??

hcvone
04-14-10, 09:22 AM
Metallic Black?? Is that a new one for 2010??

Yes it's called Black Ice, they tell me I got the second one that was painted in that color, looks jet black at night or in the shade, and almost grayish with huge metal flakes in the direct sun, as much flake as I have ever seen in a GM paint job. I will look killer after we wet sand all the peel out of the clear coat. ;)

Fast Eddie
04-14-10, 09:13 PM
Carl I sent you a PM. I am looking for a stealth grey or white preferably, but will take any color but straight back (black ice maybe). Cashmere int pref, but again black would work too. Looking for a regular Escalade premium or luxury awd. Thanks!

drditty
04-14-10, 09:17 PM
I think that there is a deliberate cut in supply for two reasons: less plants making the vehicle, and CAFE standards. The decrease in supply is meeting the increased demand as the economy improves, and the laws of economics dictate an increase in price. I just went from a Q7 BTW and absolutely love it! (White ESV black interior).

drditty
04-14-10, 09:19 PM
Also I don't miss the rain sensing wipers on the Audi, they never worked right, I'd much rather do that myself, IMO the automatic high beams are much more useful.

hcvone
04-15-10, 06:46 AM
Carl I sent you a PM. I am looking for a stealth grey or white preferably, but will take any color but straight back (black ice maybe). Cashmere int pref, but again black would work too. Looking for a regular Escalade premium or luxury awd. Thanks!

FE, can not respond to PM's, guess they don't trust me, or I have not made 10,000 posts yet :( Looking at a silver one today, but I think it has issues

Fast Eddie
04-15-10, 10:11 AM
FE, can not respond to PM's, guess they don't trust me, or I have not made 10,000 posts yet :( Looking at a silver one today, but I think it has issues

Tell me about it, this forum is all messed up. It is the only forum I cannot use my Gmail for!! I appreciate your help, I really want to stay with a slade, but not at the regular prices. I am looking for the truck I posted above, I'd even take an '09 if it was worth it. If you can, please email me at edmilner@gmail.com
Thanks!