: What if you want better leather on your seats?

BeelzeBob
08-22-04, 06:54 PM
The leather in newer luxury cars feels quite a bit softer (and of higher quality) than the leather used in my 1995 Fleetwood Brougham. What if I'd like to get new leather for my seats? Where would I begin? Would it be very expensive?

Elvis
08-22-04, 09:04 PM
I agree, Sal. I was disappointed in the quality of the leather in the '96 Fleetwood I "borrowed" last year. The condition was great, but it just felt cheap.

Maybe there's some kind of product you could apply to the leather you have that would make it feel softer? I'm sure that if you wanted to replace the leather you would be spending half as much as the car is worth in order to get it.

Stoneage_Caddy
08-22-04, 10:16 PM
shoot it was 100 bucks in parts to get the armrest redone in the original 1994 GM leather ( wanted it to be exact per gm spec)...but im glad i did , looks great

Msilva954
08-22-04, 10:38 PM
Auto upolstery shop is the best..........just get the "surfaces" done in a better leather and leave the sides.......should cost too much....anything is better then GM leather.....though my 92' seems to have decent leather...much better then the average GM car of the 80's 90's.

Elvis
08-22-04, 11:14 PM
Those pillow-top seats in the early 80's felt pretty good. I'm not sure how well they held up, though. We didn't have them that long, maybe three years each.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
08-23-04, 12:10 AM
Sal by far the best place to look is katzkin.com, they have the very best leather interiors, I know a ton of VW and AUDI guys who use these kits (some have professionals install them some do it by themselves) and the leather on some of these kits blows away the cts

FLSurf420
08-23-04, 08:05 AM
Sheep Skin

BeelzeBob
08-23-04, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'll look up "auto upolstery" (is that the correct spelling?) and katzkin.com.. All I really want is the type of leather found in a new DeVille. :) I like that leather.. Otherwise, the seats are perfect. I'll keep the foam.. Oh and I'll probably just do the surfaces. That's a good idea.. I'm sure this is still a long ways off, though...

elwesso
08-23-04, 06:25 PM
Sal.....

If you check out Katzkin, be sure to sign up for "sponsorship"... A lot of times if you have a really nice car, or a popular website like this they will give you a **nice** discount..... Hell, i sent them an email and they gave me $100 discount for nothing!!!!

c5 rv
08-23-04, 08:18 PM
For corvettes, we have Ken King at www.vetteessentials.com . I have a few of his smaller pieces (not seats) and they are awesome. Granted, he doesn't do Caddys, but his pricing will give you a ballpark.