: purchased 20827036 vcim

humberto
04-09-10, 06:23 PM
Hey guys for those of you with bluetooth whats involved when pairing my phones to the vcim?Is there a pass code that it will ask?Thanks for any info.

I found a distributor that is selling the vcim bluetooths with antenna included, paid $320.00 here is there number if interested 1-877-200-4928

101mph62
04-09-10, 08:41 PM
pretty sure when you first set it up it walks you through pairing it etc..... I had no problems with hooking it up.

I remember when these used to sell on ebay for 195, i paid alittle less then 320 but none the less its still cheaper then the 037 VCIM

PreachRR
04-09-10, 08:46 PM
yea when you pair you will be given the code for pairing it will be on your DIC

humberto
04-09-10, 09:58 PM
Thanks guys

GrynchEXT
04-11-10, 01:52 AM
I purchased from the same distributor through eBay. Would have been better slightly better deal to buy direct. Let us know how your install goes. Good luck.

humberto
04-16-10, 08:40 PM
Installed the vcim wow it works amazing worth every cent.Sure beats all those aftermarket units that look and work like crap.

Big Windy Ext
04-16-10, 10:09 PM
Onstar and GM could make a couple of bucks allowing these units to be sold and recognized by Onstar . If one life could be saved OH the humanity :bouncy:Glad the install went well . Did it scare you at first that it wasn't working??

humberto
04-16-10, 10:19 PM
Onstar and GM could make a couple of bucks allowing these units to be sold and recognized by Onstar . If one life could be saved OH the humanity :bouncy:Glad the install went well . Did it scare you at first that it wasn't working??

I was a little nervous after having so many problems with the 2010 bluestar unit that this was going to be another headache but it works great the only speed bump i had was trying to pair the phones at first and there are no problems with using my lock pick that was installed earlier.:thumbsup:Yes i would agree GM would make a killing selling these vcims to non bluetooth vehicles.I think they want us to use there onstar phone minutes that most of us would not pay for being so expensive??

itsrixter
04-16-10, 10:51 PM
does Onstar work with this unit installed?

humberto
04-17-10, 12:04 AM
does Onstar work with this unit installed?

No it doesnt but onstar is not important to me bluetooth is

GrynchEXT
04-20-10, 12:13 AM
I bought the same unit and installed it yesterday. I have two questions, how do you get it to pair? I pushed the phone button and tried to say Onstar or bluetooth - but not an option - I kept saying "more commands" until I was out of commands. Probably info on how to do this in other threads. Also, I put in a Gen 6 Lockpick and a SIRGM2L Sirius radio at the same time - so things were pretty much totally disassembled in the dash department. When I connected the new 20827036 unit - I only saw three cannon plugs, the GPS antenna, OnStar antenna connection and small bluetooth antenna (connected) - but there were four cannon plug openings on the back of the unit - two white female slots and two black - but I only saw two white male connectors and one black - did I somehow lose one of the black connectors - or it is a provision for other installs - I couldn't remember if I disconnected four or not? Kind of stupid - I know.

GrynchEXT
04-20-10, 06:20 PM
OK - solved my own problem and Bluetooth works perfectly well. A TPMS warning on DIC was blocking ability to use steering wheel contol - once I cleared that - BINGO - everything worked as advertised. :bouncy:

101mph62
04-20-10, 08:06 PM
id like to know if you have any problems with the VCIM and the lockpick? I remember in another thread a member had a problem with his lockpick after he installed his VCIM

humberto
04-20-10, 10:48 PM
id like to know if you have any problems with the VCIM and the lockpick? I remember in another thread a member had a problem with his lockpick after he installed his VCIM

No problems here my vcim works perfect with my lockpick:thumbsup:

101mph62
04-20-10, 10:55 PM
No problems here my vcim works perfect with my lockpick:thumbsup:

keeps us updated if something does go wrong. Ive been going back and fourth about getting the lockpick but have heard alot of bad things from some people.

GrynchEXT
04-20-10, 11:01 PM
I have the GEN 6 Lockpick - install went OK (after I figured out my problem above) with VCIM change. I did notice some rear camera warnings - I didn't hook up the aftermarket rear camera control for Lockpick, but they cleared. I'll let you know if I have any problems using both together commuting this week.

Big Windy Ext
04-21-10, 08:37 AM
I had trouble pairing and took out the locpic . Now that my bluetooth is up and running I am going to reinstall the locpic since others seem to be working . I had to make a choice bluetooth or locpic when it wouldn't pair .

humberto
04-21-10, 10:35 PM
keeps us updated if something does go wrong. Ive been going back and fourth about getting the lockpick but have heard alot of bad things from some people.

Im using the gen 5 lock pick with zero problems so far i have also unlocked the onstar key pad to be able to dial my phone while driving works perfect.

GreenLade
04-21-10, 10:36 PM
Forgve me for asking a stupid question but what is a locpic and what does it do? obviously the vcin is for bluetooth, how hard are these to install? i am curious as my wife wants bluetooth, ipod control, u know all the good stuff. Any help is appreciated.

humberto
04-21-10, 10:45 PM
The lock pick that im using unlocks the navi,xm,phone dialing and alows the navi screen to play movies while driving.alot of functions are locked when the esclade starts moving forward.Example the pasenger can now type in new destination while driving and not have to pull over or scroll through the xm stations.All you have to do is hit the mute button on the steering wheel twice hope this helps.

lowaired
04-30-10, 01:33 PM
Hi i am trying to do the bluetooth VCIM change. I have some questions for you if you dont mind?
How did yours work?
Where is the actual vcim unit?
Can you send me the link where you bought the parts?
How to install?
Any pics or links?

thank you!!

Josuave
09-30-10, 11:03 PM
Can you play music from your phone via bluetooth to the trucks audio system?

RippyPartsDept
09-30-10, 11:36 PM
don't think so ... that's a different bluetooth spec than the phone call stuff

CadX6
10-01-10, 02:54 PM
Can you play music from your phone via bluetooth to the trucks audio system?

That's a definite no. The bluetooth in your vehicle has to be A2DP compatible (which GM OEM is not). I'm definitely not a Ford fan & wouldn't give up either of my Cadillacs for one of their products, but GM has a lot(!) of catching up to do to match the abilities of Ford's SYNC system. GM made a good move with the addition of USB audio capabilities, but Ford has straight 3.5 audio in, USB in, A2DP & address book sync with your phone.

RippyPartsDept
10-01-10, 06:55 PM
gm should do an android radio/entertainment system ...

see my lengthy posts on this thread starting here http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/197350-2010-nav-update.html#post2365535

CadX6
10-02-10, 01:45 PM
Interesting thought. Ford's SYNC runs on Microsoft OS so Android (from Google) would be a viable alternative. I think I may have heard that one of the manufacturers was was working on an Android based system.

RippyPartsDept
10-02-10, 03:35 PM
Tesla's Model S will have android on board i believe...
http://androidandme.com/2009/04/news/android-races-to-tesla-motors/
check out Ryan Block's video at the end of the post

krieghoff
03-29-11, 08:00 AM
Does the unit come with instructions?

RippyPartsDept
03-29-11, 10:13 AM
nope

CWIKEXT
04-10-12, 03:53 PM
I was wondering what you did to clear the TPMS warning on the DIC? I installed the same unit and everything worked fine for 4 months. Now, it seems it doesn't recognize the Bluetooth command. Also, I noticed that Bluetooth no longer appears on the dash like it used to. I am completely lost on what to do now. Has anyone else’s unit just stop working before? Thanks,