: Easiest way to remove headlights?

LITTLEELVISDAN
04-09-10, 04:20 PM
On my 09 I see two 10mm screws on top. I take to two out and the headlight only moves a little so I know there is more somewhere. How do I ge to the rest of them?

LeftLane
04-09-10, 04:31 PM
I took mine out once,but I forget where all the screws are.But I know you have to pull the screws to the FRONT of the wheel well cover and pull it back,as there is on 10mm screw at the lower end of the headlight holding it in.

LeftLane
04-09-10, 04:45 PM
There are three 10mm Bolts that hold the assembly. The two that are on top are easy. The third is located underneath which is located behind the wheel well cover. BUT you MUST remove all the the grille snaps. Also, you must remove the 10mm bolt behind the wheel well cover to remove the headlight housing. The reason for all the other bolt/snaps removal is to make sure you don't scratch the bumper or grille when removing it.Also I think on the passenger side you have to remove the air box or the air box duct,I forget :bonkers:

Texas_Lade
04-09-10, 11:14 PM
Most likely you are trying to change out bulbs for LEDs. Correct? Why don't you do it by taking out the air box on the left and the easy stuff on the right? Much easier.