: GMPP - Extended Warranty - Price?!

Neoex
04-09-10, 12:56 PM
WOW So my 2007 is coming up on 4 year in service date May 31. But my miles are at 35890, and I remember asking a while ago, and they said there is a huge price break if you get the GMPP before 36,000mi, so I am shopping around for the following warranty

GMPP Major Guard
4yr/48,000 0$ deductible

My local dealership(Bob Moore Edmond, OK) quotes me $3990..

Hard to swallow but its something I need, I get a wild hair and start comparing on the internet and found 6 places that sell the EXACT same GMPP warranty(actual dealerships)

Ranging from price of:

$2080-$2460

I was BLOWN away that my local dealership was trying to rake me over the coals so bad, when confronted, he balked saying there is no way these dealerships are selling it below cost, all this salesman type crap..

Anyone else have experience with a GMPP or shopping around for a GMPP

hcvone
04-09-10, 01:08 PM
You may want to try Fichtner, they were always half the price of my local dealerships, I have purchased many items from them.

I just want everyone to know and remember you can get a GMPP from me as long as car is still under factory 36/36 and if your vehicle is a 2006 or newer with under 60K you can get a Vehicle One Plan from me. I am running a special on Vehicle One plans till the end of January so just email me at dfichtner@fichtnerchevrolet.com, please include your VIN and current miles for accurate quote. This vehicle could be your Wifes Tahoe, Suburban, Your Silverado or Sierra, I guess everyone gets the idea. DOES NOT HAVE TO BE A CORVETTE.

One other item to add is that if you have a 2003 or newer with a GMPP this is your last chance to extend that warranty. Also if you want to extend you must do so before you hit 75K on the odometer even if you have 2 or 3 years left of the original GMPP.

Again my email is dfichtner@fichtnerchevrolet.com or I can be reached at 406-628-4618, Ext 105.

Neoex
04-09-10, 01:20 PM
You may want to try Fichtner, they were always half the price of my local dealerships, I have purchased many items from them.

I just want everyone to know and remember you can get a GMPP from me as long as car is still under factory 36/36 and if your vehicle is a 2006 or newer with under 60K you can get a Vehicle One Plan from me. I am running a special on Vehicle One plans till the end of January so just email me at dfichtner@fichtnerchevrolet.com, please include your VIN and current miles for accurate quote. This vehicle could be your Wifes Tahoe, Suburban, Your Silverado or Sierra, I guess everyone gets the idea. DOES NOT HAVE TO BE A CORVETTE.

One other item to add is that if you have a 2003 or newer with a GMPP this is your last chance to extend that warranty. Also if you want to extend you must do so before you hit 75K on the odometer even if you have 2 or 3 years left of the original GMPP.

Again my email is dfichtner@fichtnerchevrolet.com or I can be reached at 406-628-4618 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************406-628-4618******end_of_the_skype_highlighting, Ext 105.

Called, very nice guy quoted me $2230

smithb
04-18-10, 02:07 PM
I bought mine from Black. If you go to GMoutlet.com you have to have the prices emailed to you, but 4yr/48k is $2,030 there (they have an extra $100 off right now). They are the cheapest i found, plus no sales tax. You can buy the GMPP until your warranty runs out (5yr/60k), but the cutoffs for prices are 1 yr or 12k, 24k, and 36k.

I'm not surprised by bob moore. I've only gone to their OKC stores, which are impressive in size and selection, but every time I've gotten an attitude like they are the only choice I have in buying a car. They've either outright lied to me, or have no idea what they are talking about. So I've never bought from them. I bought my Saturn Sky Redline in Wichita, KS, my Cadillacs in Dallas (Sewell is outstanding, I wish I lived in Dallas to take advantage of the free carwashes), and a Chevy Silverado at David Stanley, who was better to deal with pre-sale, but took so long during the actual transaction I just left.

Rolex
04-18-10, 02:30 PM
100% of the quoted prices are negotiable 100% of the time. Shop around.

rbu1
04-20-10, 09:37 AM
I was quoted over the phone a price of 1980.00 and that is the same price from gmoutletdotcom for a 36 month 45,000 mile Major Guard.

I did try and haggle but they told me I was getting the plan for cost at 1980.00????

Who Knows....I am going to do it just waiting as long as I can on the factory warranty before I order the extended....gonna call them when I have 49,500 miles

bobarry
07-15-10, 12:49 AM
You call yourself a Cadillac fanatic, but you have a Saturn Sky Redline????

I'm a Sky fanatic for sure, but recently got my wife a new SRX. I hate to admit its red color beats the chili pepper red on the Sky.

Bo
(bobarry on the saturn sky forum)

rbu1
07-15-10, 09:06 AM
OK got a 4 year 48k for my 07 with 49k for $2550.00 with a $50 dollar ded.....

Got it at black pontiac in PA.

dciliberti
07-15-10, 09:23 AM
I just got a 36/45 with $100 ded from Greg Bell in MI ewith 1 year of free service for $2,130

sclancy
07-15-10, 12:34 PM
i believe blacks pontiac cadillac (website above) continues to be the cheapest going...