: OH NOes!!!! my caddy is a gonner

itschrome
04-08-10, 02:57 PM
:crying2:

First let me say I am fine. That having been said I can tell you that my beloved caddy is not. I was driving through an intersection that made up of a main road and an on and off ramp to a highway when my rear end was hit broad side by some jack ass 17 year in a dodge ram came flying of the Off ramp. Must have been doing about 40mph. I was hit in my right rear quarter panel. I spun and made contact with the side of his truck with the entire right side of my car. both doors on the right side are crunched shut. My back right tire is now located about 1/4 the way into my trunk. My rear window, right side windows are smashed and my windshield is cracked. My hood wont open and my front right tire is bent in wards. She's f'ed. I don't have any pics and have had her towed away already. I couldn't bare to look at her. I doubt i will get enough from insurance to replace her at the moment which is fine since I Just scored a sweet deal on a 2000 ford ranger with 105k. I paid zero dollars and zero cents for it :cool2: but it was a ranch truck before i got her so she's not pretty but runs Great! oh well thats life I suppose get a free truck lose the caddy. I will be mourning her loss tonight. :alchi:

hueterm
04-08-10, 03:12 PM
At least you're OK -- if he'd hit your side, you'd probably be XXXXXXXXX.

itschrome
04-08-10, 03:28 PM
At least you're OK -- if he'd hit your side, you'd probably be XXXXXXXXX.

Yeah, maybe. Who knows. Im just glad i had my seat belt on. Admittedly I tend to forget to wear it a lot. Luckily I remembered to put it on today. I just hate how every year as soon as the weather picks up people (not just young but mostly) tend to drive like asses. I my self liek to take things slow when its nice out, enjoy it while we have it. haha

Oh here is my free truck
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/403/truckh.jpg

The other side looks just fine. she drives straight, starts every time and runs awesome. Has the 3.0 V6, Auto.

Jesda
04-08-10, 03:57 PM
Thats exactly the kind of truck I'm looking for. How's the frame? Let me know if you want to sell it.

Glad you're okay, poor Caddy. :( :( :(

orconn
04-08-10, 04:26 PM
Glad you survived in good shape! Sorry about your Seville. When you are ready for another, it is probably waiting for you in Florida!

Eric Kahn
04-08-10, 04:32 PM
Picture not showing up for me :(
and if the kid has insurance and they won't buy you another caddy, tell them to fix it

V-Eight
04-08-10, 06:28 PM
Glad to her you're ok, not so glad to hear about the car :(

Sevillian273
04-08-10, 06:36 PM
Sucks. Sorry man. Why not part out the drivetrain for a little cash?

AlBundy
04-08-10, 06:44 PM
Good your ok. Now go find the dodge and ram him back.:lildevil:

ben.gators
04-08-10, 08:54 PM
happy to hear you are OK, and sorry to hear about your Cadi. You were very lucky that the kid merged from right, if it was from left all that crash will happen in your side and it would be really dangerous.

BTW, why you are so disappointed about the amount of money that insurance company is going to give you?

itschrome
04-08-10, 09:01 PM
BTW, why you are so disappointed about the amount of money that insurance company is going to give you?

Cause i doubt it will be enough to fund research into time travel and subsequently built a time travel device so i may go back into time and mke sure I am not at that spot at that time.. :histeric: No honestly because I just took full coverage off for financial reasons and I'm not sure how well The other guys are going to pay for a 96 caddy with 160k on her...

Thank you every one for the well wishes. It truly is a miracle I have only minor aches. I wish I would have had my phone one me for pics. But I also dont really want to look at her like that again. I'm not parting her cause i dont have my own place to store her as i do. And i couldn't park her on the street and do it.

ben.gators
04-08-10, 09:13 PM
Cause i doubt it will be enough to fund research into time travel and subsequently built a time travel device so i may go back into time and mke sure I am not at that spot at that time.. :histeric: No honestly because I just took full coverage off for financial reasons and I'm not sure how well The other guys are going to pay for a 96 caddy with 160k on her...

Thank you every one for the well wishes. It truly is a miracle I have only minor aches. I wish I would have had my phone one me for pics. But I also dont really want to look at her like that again. I'm not parting her cause i dont have my own place to store her as i do. And i couldn't park her on the street and do it.

Hum, the kid was in charge of accident, and as I assume police has issued him a ticket, so his insurance company should pay the damage. As far as I have heard, indeed from a dealer, insurance companies usually pay retail value of car, in the case that the car becomes totaled. With that money you can easily buy another STS from private party.

itschrome
04-08-10, 09:30 PM
Hum, the kid was in charge of accident, and as I assume police has issued him a ticket, so his insurance company should pay the damage. As far as I have heard, indeed from a dealer, insurance companies usually pay retail value of car, in the case that the car becomes totaled. With that money you can easily buy another STS from private party.

Yeah I suppose your right. I just am being kinda negative right now.. Hard to be positive in moments like this. Also i Had an SLS not worth as much as an STS. either way I should find out tomorrow.

ben.gators
04-08-10, 09:49 PM
Yeah I suppose your right. I just am being kinda negative right now.. Hard to be positive in moments like this. Also i Had an SLS not worth as much as an STS. either way I should find out tomorrow.

oh, yeah, my bad, I should write SLS, I thought it was an STS. Anyway, the good point is these days Sevilles are sold below their KBB booked price. So if the insurance company wants to pay you based on booked value of car, you are a winner, since you have a good chance to find a good Seville from a private seller for the amount of money that you get from insurance.

93DevilleUSMC
04-09-10, 02:00 AM
Glad you're okay, man. Keep us updated.

greencadillacmatt
04-09-10, 02:09 AM
Glad you are all right. I'm so sorry to hear about the car, though. That sucks man. :( But, you could always use the Cadillac's insurance money to fix the body damage on your coolio new Ranger...

itschrome
04-09-10, 02:32 AM
hey thanks guys. I dunno if i will bother with fixing the truck. Its a truck who cares what it looks like. It runs great that is all i care about in such a vehicle, is that wrong?

77CDV
04-09-10, 02:55 AM
Well, that's the suck, but glad you're OK. Here's hoping the insurance surpasses your expectations.

itschrome
04-12-10, 05:10 PM
Ok well here is the update. It looks like I will be getting $4168 from the insurance people. Seems a little short ended since my insurance had the car valued at $6300 when I had full coverage on the car. :helpless: Oh well I am just happy to get this whole experience behind me and move on. Do not think I will be replacing the old gal for a while. Just gonna sit on the cash till I find something just right and save up a little more to add to it.

ben.gators
04-12-10, 06:34 PM
Ok well here is the update. It looks like I will be getting $4168 from the insurance people. Seems a little short ended since my insurance had the car valued at $6300 when I had full coverage on the car. :helpless: Oh well I am just happy to get this whole experience behind me and move on. Do not think I will be replacing the old gal for a while. Just gonna sit on the cash till I find something just right and save up a little more to add to it.

Yeah, great, as I predicted you are getting a good money from insurance company. If you wouldn't have that accident, how much you could sell that 96 seville with 160K miles on it? I think you could sell it for 2500$ in the BEST case.

With this money in hand, you can find a 98+ Seville STS around, and if you add a bit more money, you can find a top Seville STS.

Also don't worry about this fact that if you had kept your full coverage insurance, you would receive 6300$ now. The reason is to get 6300$ from your own company, you need to have a claim to get it, and it will affect your insurance rate and history in future. You are still a winner! ;)

itschrome
04-12-10, 07:47 PM
Yeah, great, as I predicted you are getting a good money from insurance company. If you wouldn't have that accident, how much you could sell that 96 seville with 160K miles on it? I think you could sell it for 2500$ in the BEST case.

With this money in hand, you can find a 98+ Seville STS around, and if you add a bit more money, you can find a top Seville STS.

Also don't worry about this fact that if you had kept your full coverage insurance, you would receive 6300$ now. The reason is to get 6300$ from your own company, you need to have a claim to get it, and it will affect your insurance rate and history in future. You are still a winner! ;)

Yeah your right, it really isn't that bad of a deal at all. I still dont think I'm gonna replace just yet. although there is a '02 SLS with 87k for $5300 I might check in on to see if i can get them down a bit. I'd rather a new SLS than an older STS. But for now I think I'll just drive the truck, maybe get another caddy this summer. I dont really need a 2nd car right now any ways

ben.gators
04-12-10, 07:53 PM
BTW, just by chance could you discover how did the insurance company calculate the value of your car? They have specific database for themselves, or refer to generic databases like KBB. And also they look for retail value I guess, am I right?

Destroyer
04-12-10, 10:49 PM
"If you can't Dodge it, RAM it". Read that on a back window of a Dodge tuck recently. Sorry to hear of your misfortune. :hide:

77CDV
04-12-10, 10:53 PM
Sounds like things worked out as best they could. Enjoy the truck and come back to a Cadillac when the right one comes along! :)