: New Nike ad - bizarre

EcSTSatic
04-08-10, 09:35 AM
http://news.lalate.com/2010/04/08/new-tiger-woods-commercial/

Have you seen the new Nike ad? This I bizarre! What does it have to do with sports equipment?? With fans screaming to stay out of his personal life, what is the point? Why bring his dead father into it now? Just bizarre.

Stingroo
04-08-10, 10:31 AM
The article reeks of fail grammar. Gross.

The ad makes no sense either. >_>

CIWS
04-08-10, 10:54 AM
Tiger is actually the love child of Nike. . .

gdwriter
04-08-10, 03:10 PM
I never much cared for Tiger; there was an arrogance about him, unlike say Phil Mickleson. Using the voice of his late father is tacky as hell. Nike should have dumped his sorry cheating ass. I hope Elin takes him to the cleaners.

Stingroo
04-08-10, 03:20 PM
^ I feel as if I have seen this somewhere before. :lol:

The Tony Show
04-08-10, 03:35 PM
The Tiger scandal is reaching the same point as the Toyota scandal- people have been hearing about it for so long, they're starting to feel sorry for him and want to see him "rise up" and become huge again. Nike using his dead father's VoiceOver to sell some shoes and golfballs is especially poor taste, but people will eat it up.

Whatever. One or two bad decisions where the little brain talks you into doing something dumb is forgiveable, but this guy did it consistently while flaunting his clean, family man image. Everyone here knows how you'd feel if you found out your wife was getting plugged by 20 different guys while she was out of town. Remember that when you look at Tiger.

orconn
04-08-10, 03:39 PM
I felt the Tournament's President's comments were inappropriate in many ways and hypocritical in the extreme! He might just as well have said "we really like the extra money Tiger is generating for the Tournament, but our wives are making us take a stand against profligate adulterous behavior, so we'll belatedly make a heated comment; so we can have our cake and eat it too!"

The Nike ad further detracts from Tiger's already tattered image and reflects badly on whatever good taste Nike may have had!

gdwriter
04-08-10, 04:24 PM
^ I feel as if I have seen this somewhere before. :lol:Command-C + Command-V FTW.

gdwriter
04-08-10, 04:27 PM
The Tiger scandal is reaching the same point as the Toyota scandal- people have been hearing about it for so long, they're starting to feel sorry for him and want to see him "rise up" and become huge again. Nike using his dead father's VoiceOver to sell some shoes and golfballs is especially poor taste, but people will eat it up.

Whatever. One or two bad decisions where the little brain talks you into doing something dumb is forgiveable, but this guy did it consistently while flaunting his clean, family man image. Everyone here knows how you'd feel if you found out your wife was getting plugged by 20 different guys while she was out of town. Remember that when you look at Tiger.I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for him. He brought this on himself. I he wants to bang everything in sight, he shouldn't have gotten married. The hypocrisy of his family-man image makes him an even bigger douchebag.

CIWS
04-09-10, 10:38 AM
they're starting to feel sorry for him and want to see him "rise up" and become huge again.

Especially his mistresses.

:hide:

EcSTSatic
04-09-10, 11:09 AM
The parodies have begun. Nike and Tiger really set themselves up for this!
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/04/09/tiger-woods-commercial-parodies/

hueterm
04-09-10, 11:27 AM
^ I feel as if I have seen this somewhere before. :lol:

It's like deja vu all over again...

concorso
04-09-10, 12:47 PM
I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for him. He brought this on himself. I he wants to bang everything in sight, he shouldn't have gotten married. The hypocrisy of his family-man image makes him an even bigger douchebag.Not only was he married, she was home raising his kids, while he fvcked everything with 2 legs and a zipper...

His public apology seemed like BS, if you were paying attention to his body language...

The guy is a creep and Im pissed that Ive bought alot of Nike gear for family and friends based on Tiger Woods association. Nike has lost me for life.

concorso
04-09-10, 12:51 PM
Theres so much common sense in this thread, youd think this guy wouldnt have an ounce of public appeal left... Seriously, do people actually still like him?

gdwriter
04-09-10, 01:23 PM
I've never bought products based on a celebrity advertiser, and since I didn't like Tiger to begin with, his Nike association doesn't taint the brand for me as much (though I still find the ad tasteless, self-satisfied and not redeeming his image in the slightest). Plus, I discovered I was hitting the ball straighter with these:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41VCQXQs4jL._AA300_.jpg
It actually surprised me the difference a ball can make, and maybe it was a fluke. I tried them because they were on special, and was so happy with the results that I bought a couple dozen more.

orconn
04-09-10, 01:29 PM
Hey, remember Kobe Bryant! Or for that matter OJ Simpson! There are people that either don't care about the truth or are wiiling to over look it for the benefit of their own entertainment. In this case the sponsors seem to be benefitting from all the publicity and it's anything for a buck time .... witness the Tiger's dead Dad ad!