: picked up an '06

Philby
04-06-10, 11:00 PM
bought and '06 last week. While I'm jealous of you 600HP guys, this car has plenty to get me in trouble. I still don't think most people realize that you can get quality and performance like this in an American car? Looking forward to learing and sharing with this forum.

Berger 93
04-07-10, 11:01 AM
Congrats! . . . Love my 06 Black on Black! . . . What color combo did you get?

PGA2B
04-07-10, 11:32 AM
Congrats! . . . Love my 06 Black on Black!

Ditto!!:cool:

Cataract
04-07-10, 12:15 PM
Congrats!
Where are you located?

ozmt
04-07-10, 07:37 PM
Welcome to the club! I picked up an 08 last week. In the shop now getting warranty work for the long list of stuff that doesn't work. Things like cruise control, land departure warning, auto wipers, ash tray won't close, tpms is 8-15 lbs off. Minor annoyances, but what is more annoying are the questions from the service department like "has this been wrecked?" NO! "have you modified the electrical system?" NO Then a few hours later, the same questions. I finally said how about just fixing the thing since it's under warranty and quit treating me like a daewoo owner. (no offense to you fine daewoo owners out there).
It's been a fun car for all of the 100 miles i've driven it so far.

Again, welcome to a very small club!

Philby
04-15-10, 08:11 PM
Mine is Silver, black int. I am in Minnesota - should be great in the snow. :-) I have an appt. scheduled at the dealer for Monday. Lots of minor fixes, but expecting the same questions. Auto start not working as well as heated wheel. Check engine light on. I'm assuming that can happen from someone running regular gas. Struggling with the front plate issue. Saw a retractable one online, but I think it would just get beat to heck under the front spoiler. trying to find decent looking front plate frame if it exists. I didn't realize the STS was discontinued. Guess it is a very rare club.

meekna
04-15-10, 09:51 PM
Never have put my front plate on, but I keep it under the passenger floor mat. Its been almost a year... plenty of cops. The car deserves no front plate!

Cataract
04-16-10, 12:32 PM
Never have put my front plate on, but I keep it under the passenger floor mat. Its been almost a year... plenty of cops. The car deserves no front plate!

Agreed, if you don't have a plate drilled already, don't get one.

PGA2B
04-16-10, 12:51 PM
Agreed- Don't drill if it is not already there!

Just tell the cops that the car didn't come with a front plate assembly and the car is no longer produced and you can't get one. (Kinda true)

I have my personalized tag in the rear seat pocket just in case.

jedhead
04-17-10, 05:26 AM
Welcome.

Bob

Philby
04-22-10, 12:28 AM
My local dealer seems to be taking care of me. Ordered parts for everything I mentioned, under warranty. New steering wheel (heat doesn't work) thermostat and catalytic converter (check engine light), rear eye line brake assembly (loose on one side). Charged me $40 to align headlights and new battery for fob. I bought the fob on e-bay for $8. Was expecting some reason why my 06 w/ 45K miles wasn't going to be covered.

Big_Caddy
04-22-10, 01:10 AM
Smells like LEMON

CIWS
04-22-10, 10:02 AM
Was expecting some reason why my 06 w/ 45K miles wasn't going to be covered.

Even if it's still only under the factory warranty (4YR 50K miles) chances are you're still covered although getting close.

silverws6ta
04-22-10, 09:47 PM
I have an '06 that wasn't titled until June '07 -- with 22k on it now.. I'm waiting on a new heated steering wheel as well :annoyed:; everything else is good... the initial bugs I had cleaned up when I first got it.. I'm still going to GMPP it though if I decide to keep it.. My friends proclaim my WS6 is still a brand new car.. yep.. thanks to the GMPP! lol...

I have a new itch to scratch.. :suspect: AKA clean out some of these Pontiac yard animals I have and get a Z.1 (Fill in the Blank) -- :drool:

DraganHawk
04-30-10, 08:43 PM
Congrats!!! I too have an '06. Silver with black. I love this thing!!!

Classy.......fast........elegant.......fast....... sleek.......fast.........sexy.........fast........ :cool2:

I kiss mine goodnight.........:alchi:

LITTLEELVISDAN
04-30-10, 10:19 PM
Smells like LEMONNo not really. everything he has on his list is spot on for an 06 down to the cat. I am sure its the passenger side, isn't it.

Make sure your Diff is really quiet. No moans making slow circles in the parking lot. Have them check the vin at your dealer to see if the rearend "parking lot growl" has been taken care of on your car.

06's also were known for a bad batch of hub berrings. Make sure all four corners are quiet as can be. Don't let them tell you its the tires... If they havent been replaced (again the vin will tell them) then get the noisy ones replaced under warrenty.

silverws6ta
04-30-10, 10:36 PM
No not really. everything he has on his list is spot on for an 06 down to the cat. I am sure its the passenger side, isn't it.

Make sure your Diff is really quiet. No moans making slow circles in the parking lot. Have them check the vin at your dealer to see if the rearend "parking lot growl" has been taken care of on your car.

06's also were known for a bad batch of hub berrings. Make sure all four corners are quiet as can be. Don't let them tell you its the tires... If they havent been replaced (again the vin will tell them) then get the noisy ones replaced under warrenty.

Agreed Dan!!! My car has had both hub bearings replaced, diff seal (no moans, groans or squeals -- unlike the first silver one that I had driven with 21k on it) Its had a steering rack replaced (noises travelling up through the column - that was in Feb '09) and the steering wheel is still on order for faulty heater -- Everything else has been top notch other than those quirks.

timinfla2
05-01-10, 03:44 PM
I'm in FL - I've never used the heated wheel but I should check it anyway, if I ever have to sell, a northern buyer would appreciate the functionality.