Cadillac Owners Forum banner

07 Escalade DVD wont eject

14K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Neoex 
#1 ·
i inserted dvd into the dvd slot (non nav) and it played fine then when i went to eject it wont eject or do anything at. after i hit eject it go to radio waiting for it to eject then 5sec later turns radio off and says loading disc and starts playing again but wont eject i tried taking the fuse for the radio out and leaving it out for 10min and then trying again but that didnt work. any idea how to get it out its like the mechinism is just holding the disc not releasing it.

thanks in advance,
blake

#4 ·
When I have issues like this with my DVD player (factory) up front with burned DVDs, and it just refuses to do anything, only way I can get it out is eventually to pull the fuse for the entire radio/headunit, and as soon as I put it in (preferably a 2nd person inside) start hitting eject and it usually comes out.

Dixit

#7 ·
You dont have to remove any panels, as I stated before pull just the radio fuse. Its located under the hood fuse panel. As soon as you get it in, just start ejecting the disc(s). It goes into a full startup mode and the buttons do work to eject.

I have this problem at times because it seems the headunit is really particular about DVDR and how they are burned. It doesnt like some of them and then read the disc, freezes, and refuses to do anything, wont even change to another disc. This is the only way I can get it to eject.

Dixit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.