: Kpe!

thebigjimsho
04-06-10, 07:34 PM
Who are these guys? Saw they had a link here. Interesting products, though...

http://www.kpe-products.com/cart/index.cfm?carttoken=QT91YTM040610063034&action=ViewCategory&Category=1

Gary Wells
04-06-10, 08:25 PM
Advertises 24 RWHP on a stock CTS-V for their CAI. This will get interesting real quick.

thebigjimsho
04-06-10, 08:29 PM
Eh, who cares about that. It's the shifter and coilovers that I'm interested in...

dqw1
04-06-10, 08:50 PM
Can't tell who makes the catback.

Nutz
04-06-10, 09:26 PM
I've been tradin e-mails with him about availability on the "D" style tips on his exhaust.

thebigjimsho
04-06-10, 09:50 PM
I've been tradin e-mails with him about availability on the "D" style tips on his exhaust.
I think those would look great with our rear valance.

09V
04-06-10, 09:52 PM
Those same exhaust tips can be found on a fully custom 09 CTS V from an AZ dealer that runs Bonneville called LUND out of Phx. They have a pretty cool setup with full roll cage and complete interior. Needless to say, I wonder if they had B&B do their work because they are very close to one another???

thebigjimsho
04-06-10, 09:53 PM
Well, I love B&B, so...

Nutz
04-06-10, 09:55 PM
Ya, I've been inquiring about them since their inception on this car early on. I think they should be standard on the V series only.
XFcAq8VQpps

09V
04-07-10, 12:00 AM
Nutz, maybe you can contact Lund directly. They have a performance section that may be able to help you out. Whatever route you go I bet you will pay for them, but you will be fairly unique. Good Luck. And post the cost I am curious now!!

Gary Wells
04-07-10, 04:23 AM
FWIW, I Believe that LUND used to manufacture and / or market the clear / smoke headlight bezel covers for at least the early to '87 Buick Regal G body.

vett1002
04-07-10, 12:37 PM
i just ordered the intake from them its made by airaid and looks to be getting good numbers i will post when i get results....

CTSV4now
04-07-10, 01:15 PM
I called Airaid a few days ago and was told they have nothing for the 2009+ CTS-V yet, but were testing some prototypes.

I called KPE today and was told the are not in stock yet. They expect them in 7 to 10 days.

Tony407
04-08-10, 03:04 AM
i just ordered the intake from them its made by airaid and looks to be getting good numbers i will post when i get results....

The intake certainly looks nice. The cover looks great, too. Is it covering an air box similar to the OEM one, or is it a heat shield with a conical filter underneath?

Tony

wfo
04-08-10, 09:26 AM
Eh, who cares about that. It's the shifter and coilovers that I'm interested in...

Now we're getting somewhere.

vett1002
04-08-10, 09:37 AM
lets hope the gains are as good as they say they are with the intake

Mike 09 V
04-08-10, 10:33 AM
Notice on the Lund race car that they are using the stock air box and tube, not a CAI? Still getting 800HP. Hmmmn. They could have cut out the bottom but the tube, and I assume the throttle since it wouldn't fit in the tube if it was bigger, is stock diameter. Assume???

Tedboss1
04-08-10, 11:49 AM
"Designed to draw cold air and fit with the factory engine bay trim. The first CTS-V intake to feature injection molded plastic tube and large filter protected in sealed powdercoated aluminum box. Makes 24 RWHP on a stock motor and even more with other modifications."

Reading KPE description I would say that it has a aluminum box designed to provide cold air to the engine.
Anybody has more info?

vett1002
04-08-10, 12:18 PM
The intake certainly looks nice. The cover looks great, too. Is it covering an air box similar to the OEM one, or is it a heat shield with a conical filter underneath?

Tony

to be honest im not sure i will have to let u know when i get it they said they are about a week out from shipping

Gary Wells
04-08-10, 12:34 PM
As always, IMHO, but the lid or top appears very similar to factory, but just not the exact same color or hue. Also appears to have several rivets or some type of inserts in it?

KPE
04-08-10, 02:57 PM
We would like to introduce ourselves to the Cadillac Forum. We have been involved with the CTS-V (2) even prior to the release of the vehicle. As speculated, we were provided access to the car early on when LUND decided to return to Bonneville with the second generation CTS-V. We co-developed the products for that particular vehicle and only recently decided to bring the products to market.

We manufacturer, design and produce most of our products. Our designs are very high quality and we ensure proper testing for the ultimate in performance and durability. For example, our headers are fully TIG welded and utilize high-flow merge collectors with Stainless Steel flanges. Our cat-back exhaust can be ordered with our unique "D" style tips which provides both an aggressive sound and unique look. Our intake is the first to offer an injection molded tube and aluminum box, housing one of the largest filters on the market.

Look for new products in the next few weeks and feel free to contact Bob at sales@kpe-products.com or toll free 888-222-4291. We sincerely look forward to serving you and your V needs.

macmtr
04-08-10, 03:18 PM

thebigjimsho
04-08-10, 07:07 PM
We would like to introduce ourselves to the Cadillac Forum. We have been involved with the CTS-V (2) even prior to the release of the vehicle. As speculated, we were provided access to the car early on when LUND decided to return to Bonneville with the second generation CTS-V. We co-developed the products for that particular vehicle and only recently decided to bring the products to market.

We manufacturer, design and produce most of our products. Our designs are very high quality and we ensure proper testing for the ultimate in performance and durability. For example, our headers are fully TIG welded and utilize high-flow merge collectors with Stainless Steel flanges. Our cat-back exhaust can be ordered with our unique "D" style tips which provides both an aggressive sound and unique look. Our intake is the first to offer an injection molded tube and aluminum box, housing one of the largest filters on the market.

Look for new products in the next few weeks and feel free to contact Bob at sales@kpe-products.com or toll free 888-222-4291. We sincerely look forward to serving you and your V needs.
Welcome, KPE! Look forward to seeing your products, in full, in coming months...

dqw1
04-08-10, 08:11 PM
Welcome to the forum. I have my eyes on your cat-back. Might want to start your own thread to let everyone know we have a new vendor.

thebigjimsho
04-08-10, 09:27 PM
Welcome to the forum. I have my eyes on your cat-back. Might want to start your own thread to let everyone know we have a new vendor.
Why not rename the title of this thread from KPE? to KPE!

Razorecko
04-08-10, 10:24 PM
...must have....short ...shift

Razorecko
04-08-10, 10:26 PM
must ....have..short ......shift

dqw1
04-09-10, 08:51 AM
Why not rename the title of this thread from KPE? to KPE!
Didn't notice the change but this was a good find. Pat yourself on your butt. j/k

c4ss
04-09-10, 02:13 PM
New vendors FTW!

1-2-N-V
04-09-10, 02:31 PM
Didn't notice the change but this was a good find. Pat yourself on your butt. j/k

:wtf3: I POSTED ABOUT KPE DAYS AGO ON THE D3 THREAD AND NO ONE ACKNOWLEDGED ME.

Re: D3 Springs & DPE SP5 20's WITH PICS!
Has anyone seen this suspension set up for our cars
. What do you think?

http://www.kpe-products.com/cart/ind...&sortorder=ASC

dqw1
04-09-10, 03:17 PM
You most certainly did. Looks like it was lost within the thread except TBJS noticed it and started a new thread it deserved. Glad you found it.

neuronbob
04-09-10, 04:30 PM
I am interested in the intake but need more info first. Glad to have another vendor on board with our V.

thebigjimsho
04-09-10, 05:27 PM
:wtf3: I POSTED ABOUT KPE DAYS AGO ON THE D3 THREAD AND NO ONE ACKNOWLEDGED ME.

Re: D3 Springs & DPE SP5 20's WITH PICS!
Has anyone seen this suspension set up for our cars
. What do you think?

http://www.kpe-products.com/cart/ind...&sortorder=ASC

You most certainly did. Looks like it was lost within the thread except TBJS noticed it and started a new thread it deserved. Glad you found it.
Consider yourself dull, 1-2-N-V...

Seriously, I didn't look in that thread lately and I didn't see it. Thanks for confirming my thoughts on the Sightings thread. You want to get noticed, start a thread instead...

Besides, you're not as cool as me... :histeric:

dvandentop
04-10-10, 01:21 AM
in for their short shifter!

c4ss
04-10-10, 08:47 PM
Consider yourself dull, 1-2-N-V...

Seriously, I didn't look in that thread lately and I didn't see it. Thanks for confirming my thoughts on the Sightings thread. You want to get noticed, start a thread instead...

Besides, you're not as cool as me... :histeric:

:osnap:

TBJS :stirpot: again....

thebigjimsho
04-12-10, 02:04 AM
I thought I was nice and mildly jovial...

1-2-N-V
04-12-10, 09:06 AM
Is that all you got?:annoyed: I was just making a point that i found it first. Wasn't really looking for a pat on the back. Eh, i don't give a Rats ass one way or the other. I bow down to you sir :king:

thebigjimsho
04-12-10, 09:27 AM
Is that all you got?:annoyed: I was just making a point that i found it first. Wasn't really looking for a pat on the back. Eh, i don't give a Rats ass one way or the other. I bow down to you sir :king:
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/rcbaker87/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

1-2-N-V
04-12-10, 09:46 AM
Na just Monday morning!

vett1002
04-14-10, 09:28 AM
the intake should be able to ship next week lets hope we get good results!!!!

bouser
04-17-10, 04:12 PM
I was on the KPE site, its says the CAI is in stock and is $418.00. Has anyone gotten any install instructions and better pictures yet?:stirpot:

Razorecko
04-17-10, 06:15 PM
I was on the KPE site, its says the CAI is in stock and is $418.00. Has anyone gotten any install instructions and better pictures yet?:stirpot:

Honestly thats some b.s. I tried ordering it when it was a "introductory price" of like $370 or something and the site was messed up and wouldnt let me place the order. Now when the web site works and they have them in stock there is no more "introductory" price and its like $50 more.

Tony407
04-18-10, 02:07 AM
Honestly thats some b.s. I tried ordering it when it was a "introductory price" of like $370 or something and the site was messed up and wouldnt let me place the order. Now when the web site works and they have them in stock there is no more "introductory" price and its like $50 more.

I bet you if you contacted them they would sell it for the lower price.

Tony

Razorecko
04-18-10, 10:19 AM
I bet you if you contacted them they would sell it for the lower price.

Tony

odd. Is it me or is their other thread gone and they arent marked as a vendor anymore

dvandentop
04-18-10, 10:21 AM
odd. Is it me or is their other thread gone and they arent marked as a vendor anymore
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/197071-introduction-kpe-new-sponsor.html

bouser
04-24-10, 10:18 AM
Has anyone gotten a response from KPE?

Razorecko
04-24-10, 11:12 AM
nope. no response at all

Titaniumseeker
04-25-10, 11:09 AM
That's interesting. I spoke to someone there last week about the CAI and they stated that the product instructions are being printed and photos are being taken. The CAI will be ready next week. Looks like they are a typical vendor promising to deliver products that are either in the planning stage or not yet available.

haterinc
04-25-10, 04:16 PM
Eh... Can't blame em really. As long as they're not taking $ and promising delivery in 5 business days, half the hype is created by anticipation. If not kids would be able to sleep on Christmas eve. The real problem would be if the limited response followed through after delivery in the customer svc dept after parts were received and there were questions or problems!

KPE
04-26-10, 07:48 PM
Good afternoon!
Our CTS-V Air Intakes are expected to begin shipping this Wednesday. We are offering a 10% discount on pre orders over the phone until then.

Bob
888-222-4291
www.kpe-products.com (http://www.kpe-products.com)

Tony407
04-26-10, 08:06 PM
KPE,

I am interested in your intake. A few questions for you:

1) Do you have to modify the brake cooling duct to install this?

2) What is the difference in intake sound/supercharger whine after installing your intake. I can't really tell from the video on your site as the exhaust and headers seem to drown everything else out.

3) I have a max performance tune from another vendor on this site (Wait4Me) and am wondering if the addition of your CAI will require an additional tweak to this tune, or can I just install and drive.

Thanks so much. It looks like a REALLY NICE intake by the way.

Tony

hemi2LS
04-28-10, 09:53 AM
Has anyone pre ordered? Very interested, just a Lil iffy on the "expected" shippin date line. Today's the day so if you guys are shipping today "for sure" I will order.

vett1002
04-28-10, 10:09 AM
i spoke to bob yesterday and they should be in today i was the first to order so he told me mine should ship today.....good people over there

hemi2LS
04-28-10, 02:56 PM
Ok, good to hear. I just emailed them and I will follow up with a call shortly to place my order. Hope all's well ends well.

Titaniumseeker
04-28-10, 03:49 PM
Still waiting to hear from Bob @ KPE before I pull the trigger. The product is suppose to be in today and KPE is several hours behind me so I guess it will be very late in the day before I hear back from them..:suspense:

Razorecko
04-28-10, 04:34 PM
Good afternoon!
Our CTS-V Air Intakes are expected to begin shipping this Wednesday. We are offering a 10% discount on pre orders over the phone until then.

Bob
888-222-4291
www.kpe-products.com (http://www.kpe-products.com)

So are you guys going to put that discount back on the website for a day or so ?? I tried ordering it when it was discounted and your website wasn't functioning right and than when it was it was full price :suspect:

hemi2LS
04-28-10, 06:01 PM
Well I emailed them, and i will follow up with a phone call shortly. Will see if those "expected" dates changed any. I thought I was iffy before, but the lack of response to their CAI is even more disheartning. Especially since its for the CTS V and this is the "CTS V" forum where they introduced themselves. :suspense:

Tony407
04-29-10, 01:03 AM
...but the lack of response to their CAI is even more disheartning.

Yes, I am disappointed that they have yet to answer any of my questions. I certainly won't buy this item unless I have my concerns addressed.

Tony

hemi2LS
05-03-10, 02:23 PM
i spoke to bob yesterday and they should be in today i was the first to order so he told me mine should ship today.....good people over there

I have gotten no response. Since wednesday has passed, have you recieved your CAI or Tracking info? I am sure others bought into(literally/figuratively speaking) "Air Intakes are expected to begin shipping this Wednesday. We are offering a 10% discount on pre orders over the phone". I was waiting on this company, so I think i am just gonna move on to Hennessey.:helpless:

KPE
05-03-10, 02:31 PM
I have gotten no response. Since wednesday has passed, have you recieved your CAI or Tracking info? I am sure others bought into(literally/figuratively speaking) "Air Intakes are expected to begin shipping this Wednesday. We are offering a 10% discount on pre orders over the phone". I was waiting on this company, so I think i am just gonna move on to Hennessey.:helpless:

Sorry guys! I guess it was first order jitters. We have shipped all pre-orders! My computer crashed the end of last week, so we had to improvise. We were in contact (via phone) last week with those that placed orders. We have Intake kits in stock and can ship today for those that are interested.

Sorry for any inconveniences!

Bob
888-222-4291
sales@kpe-products.com

vett1002
05-03-10, 02:31 PM

i have my tracking number and should receive the intake wednesday

vett1002
05-07-10, 08:47 AM
Intake installed and loving it makes the supercharger sound amazing and the response is much better

Tedboss1
05-07-10, 09:12 AM
Pictures please.

vett1002
05-07-10, 09:15 AM
ill take some later but it looks just like it does on their website took me about 2.5 hrs to install but i didnt have much lighting and there are so many little screws and bolts

Razorecko
05-07-10, 09:56 AM
pics of the filter inside. I pm'd them about the pricing and the issue with their website and didnt get a reply.

1-2-N-V
05-07-10, 10:00 AM
ordered mine a couple days ago. cant wait!:thumbsup:

TMC CL65
05-07-10, 10:21 AM
I am curious where the AFRs are at with just the CAI and no tune. Is anyone planning on dynoing the CAI without tune? Does KPE have a dyno sheet with AFR's without tune?

Tom

vett1002
05-07-10, 10:26 AM
they told me without a tune they are seeing 24 to the wheels

TMC CL65
05-07-10, 10:28 AM
they told me without a tune they are seeing 24 to the wheels

Did you get a dyno sheet?

Tom

KPE
05-07-10, 10:52 AM
Intake installed and loving it makes the supercharger sound amazing and the response is much better

Awesome Dave! I'm happy that you are loving your intake, thank you for the feedback! :thumbsup:

Bob

KPE (http://www.kpe-products.com)

aburd
05-07-10, 12:37 PM
Do u need a tune for this intake. ?

KPE
05-07-10, 12:40 PM
Do u need a tune for this intake. ?

No tune is required with our intake.

Bob

TMC CL65
05-07-10, 01:34 PM
No tune is required with our intake.

Bob

Bob:

I am very interested in purchasing your intake. Would it be possible to see the dyno chart with the AFRs?

Thanks!

Tom

KPE
05-07-10, 01:39 PM
Bob:

I am very interested in purchasing your intake. Would it be possible to see the dyno chart with the AFRs?

Thanks!

Tom

Hi Tom,
I will request them now and try to post them on our facebook page for you.

Bob

wfo
05-07-10, 01:47 PM
Can we post them here on the Forum?

KPE
05-07-10, 01:56 PM
Can we post them here on the Forum?

Ok, I'll post them here in the forum when I receive.

Bob

KPE

Titaniumseeker
05-07-10, 02:47 PM
Received my CAI yesterday and am installing it today. Will post pics.

Titaniumseeker
05-08-10, 04:23 PM
Here are some pictures. Install took longer than I expected but it is by far better than the other two CAI's that I had installed. Instructions are very detailed with pictures and are easy to follow. I could feel the difference with seat of the pants guage but will have it on a dyno next week as I am adding the crank pulley. I can tell you all that I am very pleased with this product. Bob, you guys at KPE have a winner! Thanks for your help.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3232/2941/33078970202_medium.jpg
Yes, it is alot of pieces but it all comes together and not difficult to assemble.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3232/2941/33078970203_medium.jpg

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3232/2941/33078970206_medium.jpg

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3232/2941/33078970209_medium.jpg

KPE
05-08-10, 04:34 PM
Here are some pictures. Install took longer than I expected but it is by far better than the other two CAI's that I had installed. Instructions are very detailed with pictures and are easy to follow. I could feel the difference with seat of the pants guage but will have it on a dyno next week as I am adding the crank pulley. I can tell you all that I am very pleased with this product. Bob, you guys at KPE have a winner! Thanks for your help.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3232/2941/33078970202_medium.jpg
Yes, it is alot of pieces but it all comes together and not difficult to assemble.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3232/2941/33078970203_medium.jpg

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3232/2941/33078970206_medium.jpg

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3232/2941/33078970209_medium.jpg

Nice Pictures!! Thank you for your support and have a great weekend!!

Bob

KPE
05-08-10, 04:46 PM
Just released!! KPE Carbon Fiber Side Vents: $395.83 + S&H
http://www.rernetworking.com/cARS/vents.jpg

We are taking pre orders now. The expected shipping date is 5/17.

Bob

dqw1
05-08-10, 05:35 PM
This is way too tempting. I love these side vents but how do you take off the OEM vents? Might want to start a new thread for these.

thebigjimsho
05-08-10, 05:47 PM

Bob

Damn vizual modz are tempting.

KPE
05-08-10, 05:51 PM
This is way too tempting. I love these side vents but how do you take off the OEM vents? Might want to start a new thread for these.

We are working on the installation instructions now, they should be completed by next week.

Bob

neuronbob
05-08-10, 05:59 PM
Wow, after all this time I think I finally found an intake to buy. Is that a heat shield in there somewhere?

KPE
05-08-10, 10:00 PM

KPE Carbon Fiber Side Vents (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/199570-kpe-carbon-fiber-fender-vents.html)

lawnstripes
05-08-10, 10:31 PM

Bob

$400 for little vents YIKES !!!!! :nono:

Sorry - back to intake thread-- so how long for intake install? Fitment? And is the tube metal or plastic?

Titaniumseeker
05-08-10, 10:44 PM
$400 for little vents YIKES !!!!! :nono:

Sorry - back to intake thread-- so how long for intake install? Fitment? And is the tube metal or plastic?

My install total time took about two hours but I took my time and was taking pictures. The cone filter is completely shielded in the engine bay and no modification was required (See some of my pics in this thread). The intake tube is constructed of ABS plastic.

lawnstripes
05-08-10, 10:49 PM
My install total time took about two hours but I took my time and was taking pictures. The cone filter is completely shielded in the engine bay and no modification was required (See some of my pics in this thread). The intake tube is constructed of ABS plastic.

titaniumseeker- yes saw your pics- just couldnt tell for sure
Looks very nice on your car (like it was there from the factory!!!!)
Hows the intake sound now?:cloud9:

Also wonder how the A/F is? without a tune?

neuronbob
05-08-10, 11:38 PM
Sorry guys! I guess it was first order jitters. We have shipped all pre-orders! My computer crashed the end of last week, so we had to improvise. We were in contact (via phone) last week with those that placed orders. We have Intake kits in stock and can ship today for those that are interested.

Sorry for any inconveniences!

Bob
888-222-4291
sales@kpe-products.com

Definitely purchasing this intake this week. Great pics on the website and by Titaniumseeker above indicate that the filter is shielded from the engine compartment and that the Airaid filter used in the kit is a known, quality component. Is the 10% discount still on or is it gone?

Question for those who have installed it: How easy is the install? Can I do it myself with typical tools or is it so complicated that I have to take the car to a tuning shop to have it done? Would love to do install myself if it is reasonable to do so.

1-2-N-V
05-09-10, 09:31 PM
Just installed mine today. Took about an hour or so. Very straight forward. If i had to do it again, it would be about 30 min. Piece of cake. Great product and definitely looks like it shoulda been there from the factory. I gotta say what a difference in the sound in the cabin. The SC whine is definitely more profound and just the intake sound is awesome. Well really could not get on it too much with the wife and kids today but tomorrow is another day. Thhhhwwooooiiiiiinnneee!

KPE
05-09-10, 09:48 PM
Just installed mine today. Took about an hour or so. Very straight forward. If i had to do it again, it would be about 30 min. Piece of cake. Great product and definitely looks like it shoulda been there from the factory. I gotta say what a difference in the sound in the cabin. The SC whine is definitely more profound and just the intake sound is awesome. Well really could not get on it too much with the wife and kids today but tomorrow is another day. Thhhhwwooooiiiiiinnneee!

Thank you for the review!!

Bob
Korkar Performance Engineering
www.kpe-products.com (http://www.kpe-products.com/)

888-222-4291

http://www.rernetworking.com/cARS/wide-banner-draft1.jpg (http://www.kpe-products.com/)

KPE
05-09-10, 10:05 PM
We currently have two Air Intake Kits in stock ready for shipping and have more kits in production that will be available soon.

Bob

888-222-4291

http://www.rernetworking.com/cARS/wide-banner-draft1.jpg (http://www.kpe-products.com/)

lawnstripes
05-09-10, 10:16 PM

Any in cabin audio recordings of the new intake sound? What did the wife think/notice anything?

We currently have two Air Intake Kits in stock ready for shipping and have more kits in production that will be available soon.

Bob

888-222-4291

Bob - still giving the 10% off?
also Hows the dyno sheets coming? untuned- A/F ratio and tuned #'s

Titaniumseeker
05-09-10, 10:25 PM
titaniumseeker- yes saw your pics- just couldnt tell for sure
Looks very nice on your car (like it was there from the factory!!!!)
Hows the intake sound now?:cloud9:

Also wonder how the A/F is? without a tune?

Yes it does! The intake sounds great with the Kooks Headers and Corsa Exhaust. The SC is more pronounced when it kicks in. I am getting the 10% pulley installed in about a week and will be putting it on the dyno then.

TMC CL65
05-09-10, 10:38 PM
Yes it does! The intake sounds great with the Kooks Headers and Corsa Exhaust. The SC is more pronounced when it kicks in. I am getting the 10% pulley installed in about a week and will be putting it on the dyno then.

Who are you having install the pulley? Are you also getting a tune?

Tom

TMC CL65
05-09-10, 11:02 PM

Bob

888-222-4291

Any luck with the dynos? I am ready to order it if you can show me the AFRs.

Tom

neuronbob
05-09-10, 11:02 PM

Bob

888-222-4291

Asking again.....is the 10% still on or not? Thanks!

hemi2LS
05-09-10, 11:06 PM
Ordered mines last week. Can't wait either, but I wont be getting it tuned untill i get the 10% pulley. I was a little apprehensive at first, but i pulled the trigger anyway, and from all the others reviews glad i did since there is only 2 left if they havent been bought yet. Thanks Bob.

1-2-N-V
05-10-10, 05:07 AM
Any in cabin audio recordings of the new intake sound? What did the wife think/notice anything?

Nah, never thought of that but my wife even noticed that it was different (but niiiice) but not overwhelming different that anyone complained. Like i said i kept off it (to a degree) as not get my little one upset at me. She tells me all the time " dad stop... you going to get a ticket" LOL. i just got one on Friday even with the Friggen radar detector. Damit. That's another bull story.

Q8 6.2
05-10-10, 07:25 AM

Bob

888-222-4291

i tried to order online from your website but site is not working is this temporary

Gary Wells
05-10-10, 09:21 AM
I conversed yesterday with them by PM and they quoted me $ 416 as the current price and stated that the dyno sheets would be posted today. They also quoted, I believe, 24 RWHP untuned.

Titaniumseeker
05-10-10, 09:24 AM
Who are you having install the pulley? Are you also getting a tune?

Tom

I am going to Behe for the pulley install because they have done work for me before (Kooks Headers) and I was pleased with their work.

TMC CL65
05-10-10, 09:53 AM
I am going to Behe for the pulley install because they have done work for me before (Kooks Headers) and I was pleased with their work.

It looks like they are about 19 miles from house (assuming they are in Glenwood). I may have them do my installations.

Tom

neuronbob
05-10-10, 10:21 AM
I conversed yesterday with them by PM and they quoted me $ 416 as the current price and stated that the dyno sheets would be posted today. They also quoted, I believe, 24 RWHP untuned.

Thanks (again :) ), Gary. Will be ordering shortly.

readyact
05-10-10, 10:44 AM
Has anyone ordered or installed the KPE Cat-back exhaust yet?

Gary Wells
05-10-10, 10:48 AM
Thanks (again :) ), Gary. Will be ordering shortly.
I'm thinking about it, but I would like to see the dyno sheet(s) first. I also like the looks of the Jesse Bubb CAI, even though it is metal.

Titaniumseeker
05-10-10, 11:00 AM
It looks like they are about 19 miles from house (assuming they are in Glenwood). I may have them do my installations.

Tom
Yes, they are in Glenwood off rt 97 and 45 minutes from me.

KPE
05-10-10, 11:05 AM
Asking again.....is the 10% still on or not? Thanks!

Good Morning!

The 10% discount is not on at the moment, It was offered for the pre orders.

Bob

888-222-4291

KPE
05-10-10, 11:11 AM

I hope to have the dyno sheets today.

Bob

888-222-4291

1-2-N-V
05-10-10, 11:28 AM
Yeah me too? I like the look of the polished SS and the D style tips and like the sound too. Like to buy the complete exhuast but i was thinking to buy the AR headers around $1900, that go all the way back to the axle and maybe just buy the mufflers from KPE. May be a better deal. Not sure if those muffles have an adaptation to let's say, hook up to stock exhaust. Or maybe i have to get some special work done at the exhaust shop to fabricate and adapt to the KPE mufflers to the Stock system or AR header to axle system.

KPE
05-10-10, 06:27 PM
Here is the dyno sheet requested of the KPE Air Intake with no additional modifications:

http://www.rernetworking.com/cARS/Intake_stockvsKPE.jpg

Bob

888-222-4291

Razorecko
05-10-10, 06:38 PM
^ very impressive. For the KPE intake do you have to pull the bottom brake duct for more airflow or is that not even necessary ?

KPE
05-10-10, 07:30 PM
^ very impressive. For the KPE intake do you have to pull the bottom brake duct for more airflow or is that not even necessary ?

Hello,
If PM me your email address, I can send you the installation instructions PDF file.

Bob

888-222-4291

lawnstripes
05-10-10, 08:34 PM
Here is the dyno sheet requested of the KPE Air Intake with no additional modifications:

http://www.rernetworking.com/cARS/Intake_stockvsKPE.jpg

Bob

888-222-4291

nice- how was the A/f ratio on that run?

Jeffrey
05-11-10, 01:16 PM
Hi,

I'm very surprised to see +24 h.p. I installed an Airaid, with a significantly larger filter, on my Vette and it added around 8 h.p. It was easy to install and is definitely a well built product but I think I could add aluminum shielding and cut the shroud and still be nowhere near +24 h.p.

What's the entry point for the cold air?

Best regards,
Jeffrey

Razorecko
05-11-10, 01:18 PM
the heat shield/enclosure is what makes the largest difference. You're not taking in so much hot engine air.

Jeffrey
05-11-10, 01:25 PM
the heat shield/enclosure is what makes the largest difference. You're not taking in so much hot engine air.

Hi,

That's what I was referencing when I said add aluminum shielding and cut the shroud on my Vette. Even then, I doubt I'd be near +24 h.p.

What's the entry point for the "cold" air? Do you cut/modify anything to increase the size of the entry point?

Best regards,
Jeffrey

CTSV4now
05-11-10, 01:29 PM
KPE, does your website have a link to install instructions?

Razorecko
05-11-10, 01:53 PM
Hi,

That's what I was referencing when I said add aluminum shielding and cut the shroud on my Vette. Even then, I doubt I'd be near +24 h.p.

What's the entry point for the "cold" air? Do you cut/modify anything to increase the size of the entry point?

Best regards,
Jeffrey

Any motor thats fi'd responds to breathing much better than an na motor. I'm guessing your vette is not supercharged or turbocharged.

KPE
05-11-10, 02:09 PM
KPE, does your website have a link to install instructions?

I'll try to get the install instructions up on the site. In the meantime if anyone would like the PDF emailed to them, please send me a PM. I will be happy to send them to you.

Bob

888-222-4291

Jeffrey
05-11-10, 02:44 PM
Any motor thats fi'd responds to breathing much better than an na motor. I'm guessing your vette is not supercharged or turbocharged.

Hi,

You're correct.... SC or TC is in my Vette's future.

I'm also asking about the cold air entry point (possible enlarging?) to see if that would make the V a bottom-feeder. Does it? The reason I did not cut my Vette's shroud is concern about driving it on rainy days.

Best regards,
Jeffrey

GMX322V S/C
05-11-10, 03:32 PM
The cold air entry point is just behind the drivers-side headlamp, through an approximately 2.5-by-5 inch opening built into the stock airbox. There is an opening directly beneath the stock airbox that leads to the area behind the fog lamp/brake cooling duct area. All of the CAIs draw from this area and seal off the from the engine bay to varying degrees.

Razorecko
05-11-10, 03:53 PM
Hi,

You're correct.... SC or TC is in my Vette's future.

I'm also asking about the cold air entry point (possible enlarging?) to see if that would make the V a bottom-feeder. Does it? The reason I did not cut my Vette's shroud is concern about driving it on rainy days.

Best regards,
Jeffrey

There is, I pulled mine off. Its the duct under the fog light and it directs towards the caliper/rotor. I pulled it off that way all the cool air will rush up directly into the intake. I see no reason in having this cooling duct for the front brakes unless you're tracking your V hard.

Mike 09 V
05-11-10, 03:54 PM
Unless I am misreading the dyno sheet or unable to do math, the HP difference is 18. (492-474=18). Still a nice gain.

1-2-N-V
05-11-10, 04:41 PM
nice- how was the A/f ratio on that run?

The dotted line i take it is the run wit the CAI? I can barely read that graph. Torque is the flatter line from left to right?

Jeffrey
05-11-10, 04:44 PM
The cold air entry point is just behind the drivers-side headlamp, through an approximately 2.5-by-5 inch opening built into the stock airbox. There is an opening directly beneath the stock airbox that leads to the area behind the fog lamp/brake cooling duct area. All of the CAIs draw from this area and seal off the from the engine bay to varying degrees.

Hi,

Thank you... I've never removed the stock box and was unaware of the stock opening. That relieves my bottom-feeding concern.

There is, I pulled mine off. Its the duct under the fog light and it directs towards the caliper/rotor. I pulled it off that way all the cool air will rush up directly into the intake. I see no reason in having this cooling duct for the front brakes unless you're tracking your V hard.

Thank you.... I really like that idea.

Unless I am misreading the dyno sheet or unable to do math, the HP difference is 18. (492-474=18). Still a nice gain.

Nice catch. 18+ makes more sense to me than 24+. And, as you said, that's a great gain for the money and ease of this mod.

Ready to buy,
Jeffrey

thebigjimsho
05-11-10, 05:56 PM

Tom
I drove 434 miles to Behe for the Kooks and Lingenfelter 10% pulley, among a few other things. Well worth it...

KPE
05-11-10, 06:25 PM

We have done many runs on the Dyno. We did some dyno pulls today on a 2010 CTS-V with CAI only no other mods just for AFR. I will post these graphs when I get them and am also trying to locate the run showing 24 RWHP.

Bob

888-222-4291

lawnstripes
05-11-10, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE=KPE;2241095]We have done many runs on the Dyno. We did some dyno pulls today on a 2010 CTS-V with CAI only no other mods just for AFR. I will post these graphs when I get them and am also trying to locate the run showing 24 RWHP.

Thanks you Bob!!!

KPE
05-11-10, 09:00 PM

The 18 RWHP gain is at MAX engine speed (redline) at 6000 RPM. The peak gain of 24 RWHP is at 5360 RPM.

Bob

888-222-4291

Mike 09 V
05-11-10, 09:44 PM
I don't see that on the sheet at all. My Bad I guess. Seems like the track should go up to that HP you claim and then dip to the lower figure. I just don't see it.
Mike

Razorecko
05-11-10, 09:57 PM
I had a dyno done a couple months ago stock with just a k&n filter. I ordered up one of these intakes and will run another dyno with this kit.

KPE
05-11-10, 10:24 PM
I don't see that on the sheet at all. My Bad I guess. Seems like the track should go up to that HP you claim and then dip to the lower figure. I just don't see it.
Mike

http://www.rernetworking.com/cARS/dyno2.jpg

Jeffrey
05-12-10, 09:58 AM
I had a dyno done a couple months ago stock with just a k&n filter. I ordered up one of these intakes and will run another dyno with this kit.

Hi,

Please post on this thread, when time permits. I would love to see your before & after and suspect some other CF members would also.

Best regards,
Jeffrey

Gary Wells
05-12-10, 10:17 AM
None of my business, but isn't this thread sort of owned by KPE as they were the original poster.
I would also like to see those dyno charts & results posted, but not on this thread. IMHO.

KPE
05-12-10, 10:29 AM

Please drive your CTS-V about 40 miles after installing your new intakes before your dyno runs to allow the ECU to recalibrate. Thank you!!

Bob

888-222-4291

Jeffrey
05-12-10, 10:33 AM
None of my business, but isn't this thread sort of owned by KPE as they were the original poster.
I would also like to see those dyno charts & results posted, but not on this thread. IMHO.

Hi Gary,

Think I might be missing your point. Please explain.

None of my posts, on this thread, have been deleted and/or modified. When I asked questions about the +24 h.p. claim and cold air entry point, I received responses from informative & helpful members who have no reason to state anything but the truth. I'm very appreciative of the responses I've received and no longer have any concerns about buying this product.

Best regards,
Jeffrey

KPE
05-12-10, 10:48 AM
Hi Gary,

None of my posts, on this thread, have been deleted and/or modified. When I asked questions about the +24 h.p. claim and cold air entry point, I received responses from informative & helpful members who have no reason to state anything but the truth. I'm very appreciative of the responses I've received and no longer have any concerns about buying this product.

Best regards,
Jeffrey

This thread is going smoothly. I could really use some moderator assistance here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/199570-kpe-carbon-fiber-fender-vents.html

Where this thread has been hiyjacked by a member with pictures of products from another vendor and other negative posts. Thank you!

Bob

888-222-4291

Gary Wells
05-12-10, 12:43 PM
Hi Gary,

Best regards,
Jeffrey

I probably should have thought out my post a little more, and as stated, I realize that this is none of my business, but I just don't feel it would be appropriate to post dyno charts for other vendor's products in a thread originated by KPE. I also appreciated the other contributors responses and information. If KPE has no objections, it shows that I was incorrect in the 1st place for bringing up the query. Sorry for any concern that this has caused you, and for interruping the thread.

GMX322V S/C
05-12-10, 12:47 PM
Gary, FWIW, TBJS started this thread :)

Gary Wells
05-12-10, 03:15 PM
Gary, FWIW, TBJS started this thread :)
Oops, my bad, twice, too.
I totally forgot that this thread was started by james.
Thanks for the correction. I'll crawl back under my rock now and go back to sleep. Some days it pays to stay in bed.

bouser
05-12-10, 07:50 PM
Well being an old guy, it took me some time to put everything together. but I gotta tell you I would do it over again. The CIA really makes the supercharger talk when you get on it and even in the Florida heat the throttle response is crisper and s.o.t.p. dyno can feel a dif.:D

thebigjimsho
05-12-10, 08:14 PM
I did start this thread but I give free reign to KPE. I'm just that cool a ghai...