: Need VCIM (with bluetooth) part number for 09 ESV

Zhariak
04-06-10, 12:15 PM
Hi Guys,

I may have a source that will sell these modules.

I just need the specific part numbers for:
a) A 2009 ESV VCIM with bluetooth
b) the antenna part number

If you know, please make sure that it is infact the part# for the 09 ESV. I don't want the part number to be from a different model/make (I know they are probably the same modules, but I'll explain later).

Any help is great guys!

prosseda
04-06-10, 03:42 PM
20783877 is the most recent number that has been reported to be reusable with Onstar

20827036 has superseded that model. I have that one. It does bluetooth but there are reports that it cannot do Onstar in anything but a 2010.

I am still researching this with the programmer.

prosseda
04-06-10, 03:45 PM
20783877 is the most recent number that has been reported to be reusable with Onstar

20827036 has superseded that model. I have that one. It does bluetooth but there are reports that it cannot do Onstar in anything but a 2010.

Those are the modules. The antenna is 15938939.

Zhariak
04-06-10, 06:08 PM

So before I start making magic happen, I just want to confirm...

20783877 is the VCIM W/ bluetooth for an 09 Escalade?

PreachRR
04-06-10, 07:34 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLUETOOTH-ONSTAR-COMMUNICATION-MODULE-20827036_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem335bbf989bQQit emZ220582615195QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5 fAccessories

and it comes with the antenna!

one of the newer parts up for sale.. BTW I have not found anyone that has been able to reactivate their Onstar once swapping the VCIMs, Year of compatibility is not the issue either part would work but do not expect to have your onstar working.. remember guys all of these parts are for 09 and newer vehicles because there was no Bluetooth before that on GM trucks! So if someone is reporting that it is for an 08 or 07 they are just referring to compatibility!

101mph62
04-06-10, 08:20 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLUETOOTH-ONSTAR-COMMUNICATION-MODULE-20827036_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem335bbf989bQQit emZ220582615195QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5 fAccessories

and it comes with the antenna!

one of the newer parts up for sale.. BTW I have not found anyone that has been able to reactivate their Onstar once swapping the VCIMs, Year of compatibility is not the issue either part would work but do not expect to have your onstar working.. remember guys all of these parts are for 09 and newer vehicles because there was no Bluetooth before that on GM trucks! So if someone is reporting that it is for an 08 or 07 they are just referring to compatibility!

This is the same VCIM i have on my 07 and works perfect

humberto
04-06-10, 08:50 PM
25984444 is known to work as well.

prosseda
04-06-10, 09:34 PM
All three are plug and play with bluetooth. Onstar requires more effort.

20827036 (easiest to find)

PreachRR
04-06-10, 10:21 PM
All three are plug and play with bluetooth. Onstar requires more effort

What effort?.. I am still looking for a solution to this i have not found anyone successful! If you have some info please share!

GrynchEXT
04-06-10, 10:54 PM
Does anyone know if a VCIM P/N 20842731 will work? There's also one from a 2010 Camaro on eBay.

mattroberts123
04-07-10, 01:57 PM
What effort?.. I am still looking for a solution to this i have not found anyone successful! If you have some info please share!

Essentially, the people are onstar are RETARDS. They are all foreigners in other countries using names like 'BILL' and 'RICHARD'.

I have called, called and CALLED trying to get them to understand. They cannot seem to fathom that an onstar module could go bad, and need to be replaced with a new one. (that is the story I give them)

They try to flash my unit, but it won't take. I suspect this is because they are trying to flash an 09 unit with the 08 firmware, because they still CANNOT understand that I put a new module in the car.

Overall, I truly feel onstar is worthless anyways. I don't use it and suspect I never will, so it is really no issue. More importantly, I can still push the button and talk to them if I really need to. All I really care about is that I now have bluetooth.

I wouldn't even bother with trying to get the onstar working. If onstar is that important to you, then just use them as your phone service and forget the bluetooth.

LITTLEELVISDAN
04-07-10, 10:50 PM
You might have legal issues swapping out and not getting Onstar to work correctly. Not now but when you sell the truck "WITH ONSTAR" and someone relies on it to be there and it isn't. I'm the first to modify a car but remember you are disabling a safty feature of the car...

I know, I know I have a lock pick... But I WILL be removing it before I sell the truck to anyone.

LeftLane
04-07-10, 10:56 PM
You might have legal issues swapping out and not getting Onstar to work correctly. Not now but when you sell the truck "WITH ONSTAR" and someone relies on it to be there and it isn't. I'm the first to modify a car but remember you are disabling a safty feature of the car...

I know, I know I have a lock pick... But I WILL be removing it before I sell the truck to anyone.

vcim can be removed and the stock one can be put back in.It takes as much work to remove a lock pick as to remove a vcim.

101mph62
04-07-10, 11:01 PM

I seriously doubt that. Onstar is a LUXURY. If it was a safety feature it would have to be included for free, without a monthly charge. Not to mention when you sell a used a car it should be sold "as is".

I mean people are acting like you have to have onstar to drive a car. Id say that about 90%+ of the cars on the road dont have onstar (honda, ford, nissan etc). I understand that some people like to have it for family members etc, but the assumption that you can not drive a car unless the onstar works is ridiculous.

prosseda
04-08-10, 01:16 AM

I have a 20827036. Bluetooth works 100% like in an 09. The programmer guy we all refer to told me that this unit can only function with Onstar in a 2010 truck. I want to pay him to program it for me but he says it has to be in a 2010. If he discovers a way to do it, I will send it up to experiment with it. I think that is everything you already know.

Big Windy Ext
04-08-10, 07:38 AM
I used my 7036 box for 6 hours yesterday , it was flawless and worth every dime and scraped knuckle . I will take my box out and sell it , it won't get me any more at trade . Screw Onstar , have reasonable minutes would be my first suggestion. My regular cell service , unlimited w/ Verizon is $69.00

PreachRR
04-08-10, 03:03 PM

the onstar emergency call still works in my truck.. just not the other onstar stuff..

sparsons79
06-25-10, 05:02 PM
Does anyone know if a VCIM P/N 20842731 will work? There's also one from a 2010 Camaro on eBay.

Did you ever find out if this works?

sparsons79
07-01-10, 03:47 PM
I was looking at the Camero VCIM and it looks like it will work, but I hat shelling out $200 if it won't....lol

Anyone know yet?

chris12
07-16-10, 12:10 AM
Are these things only available used on ebay? How much should I expect to pay? Are there any write ups on how to install?

Big Windy Ext
07-16-10, 01:52 AM
The unit was new .Most often found on e-bay but junk yards are another source, search the forums for install details it is an easy install , the initial turning on takes a bit , but it has worked quite well so far .

jsw5620
01-01-11, 05:38 PM
I have a 20827036. Bluetooth works 100% like in an 09. The programmer guy we all refer to told me that this unit can only function with Onstar in a 2010 truck. I want to pay him to program it for me but he says it has to be in a 2010. If he discovers a way to do it, I will send it up to experiment with it. I think that is everything you already know.

I know this is an old thread, but can anyone confirm this is true about the 7036 VCIM can only function with Onstar in a 2010? In other words, in a 2007 the bluetooth works but no programming to make Onstar work in 07?

itsrixter
01-05-11, 12:28 AM
Hey has anyone put a 2011 vcim (w/ bluetooth) into an older escalde and get the iPod feature to work?

RxDetective
01-07-11, 11:13 AM

Am I understanding correctly that if I can find VCIM 20783877 that both the bluetooth and Onstar work correctly in earlier model Escalades ????

jsw5620
01-07-11, 07:51 PM
Am I understanding correctly that if I can find VCIM 20783877 that both the bluetooth and Onstar work correctly in earlier model Escalades ????

This is what I understand, though no one will confirm or deny it. Both will do the bluetooth and that is confirmed, but not sure if anyone has got the onstar working. I've read numerous times where someones cousin's friend talked to someone whose brother heard it could be done.

Big Windy Ext
01-08-11, 10:04 AM
The only confirmed "transplant" that has posted that Onstar worked was a junkyard box that stiil had a subscription to Onstar , it had the donors vehicle info , not the vehicle it was put in . I haven't seen anyone post how to set up Onstar step by step using a Tech 2 or GM link . A co-operative dealer tried on mine but GM wouldn't allow it because my VIN wasn't an 09 , the tech claimed he could get it to work around GM but never succeeded . I know it can be done , we just need to know how to skirt around GM .

jsw5620
01-08-11, 10:28 AM
I found a guy that claims he can program them (and that GM themselves sends all of their's to him for programming). I don't doubt he can program them to work, but I am skeptical about the whole GM thing.

prosseda
01-09-11, 06:43 PM
I found a guy that claims he can program them (and that GM themselves sends all of their's to him for programming). I don't doubt he can program them to work, but I am skeptical about the whole GM thing.

Are you going to send him a VCM? Tell us how you found him and we will figure out if it will work or not.

jsw5620
01-09-11, 11:35 PM
Are you going to send him a VCM? Tell us how you found him and we will figure out if it will work or not.

I doubt I will send him one. Looks like he upped his price $100. I don't need bluetooth that bad to spend $500 (looks like $250 for the programming if you can find a VCIM to send him). Here is the link below.

http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=30&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54

Big Windy Ext
01-10-11, 09:03 AM
Looks easier than scouring junk yards or bidding the crap out of it on e-bay . He doesn't seem to have any available nor does he list the Escalade , maybe a phone call gets you rolling .If anybody gets Onstar from him , or otherwise , please post . A hundred isn't to bad to get Onstar back , it has some advantages , besides finishing the job properly .

jsw5620
01-10-11, 01:08 PM
From what I gather, you buy the VCIM (20783877) and send it to him and for $250 he will reprogram it. He told me in an email he could program it for an escalade no problem. I asked him about the 20827036 VCIM (REV dude selling on ebay) and how I was told it replaced the 3877 and asked if he could program it. He said the dude on Ebay was a scammer and was just trying to offload the wrong VCIM's.

Dude seems kinda arrogant, but if what he says is true about he is the only one that can program them (claims GM can't even program them) then I guess he has a right to.

bcjenkins
02-03-11, 10:07 AM
I just found 2 of the 25984444 units in salvage yards (incidentally both from Acadias if that tells you anything) I have received one and will expect the other to arrive shortly.

I have contacted White to arrange for reprogramming the first one. Provided it works, I will be putting the other up on Ebay.

B