Cadillac Owners Forum banner

69 472 CADDY CAM & REAR END QUESTION

6K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Dead Sled 
#1 ·
Hi ! How big a cam can i go with in a 472 with out rocker problems? I am looking at a .507 intake .525 exhaust cam. What kind of rear end was used in 69 mine does not have an inspection plate . I want to use a locker in the rear . So I must find out what is .
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

GOD SPEED
Scott

#3 ·
the stock cam is 199/ 203 duration at .050 and has a lobe lift of .267/ .275 this is all on a 115 1/2 lobe center ....so with a 1.65 ratio rocker you have like .440 /.453 lift .........

the big worry with stock rockers is spring pressure which needs to stay under like 120 and ramp speed which need to be slow ....

who's cam are you looking at

#4 ·
Not positive what sort of info you're looking for on the rear end, but to my knowledge...

(Quoted From 1969 Brochure)
"REAR AXLE: Hypoid. Differential housing offset to provide straight-line drive. Heavier, stronger rear axle and differential, designed for the unusually high torque of the new 472 V-8 engine. Ratio is 2.94 to 1 (3.07 to 1 on Eldorado), 3.21 to 1 axle ratio on Seventy-Five models. Available (except Eldorado) is the Controlled Differential, which directs power to the rear wheel having better traction."

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.