: Side Vents - Adding LEDS

blaackwidow
04-04-10, 04:43 PM
anyone taken a stab at this yet? I'm pretty good with wiring LEDs and even made my own interior rear window "UV" LED overhead bar. switches on from the driver seat. pretty simple and looks awesome. cost about $3.00 in parts. on to the next project...

anyone taken a stab at adding some LED accents to the side vents of your Escalade? I am planning on doing this in the coming month. anyone that modified exsisting or even replaced with different vents would be able to answer some of my questions.

the vents are accessed via the wheel well?

they look functional, are they? looks like they have a screen behind them so they would allow light to pass through.

are they difficult to remove?

if anyone has any experience with this please drop a reply. I plan to take some photos from begining to end and post a TUT on how to do this when I am done. I will include the light bar and the front grill once I start that project =)

thanks in advance all, love this Forum!

CalCad5
04-04-10, 07:14 PM
Here is a link providing information on removing and functionality. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/183881-2007-2010-side-fender-vents-removal.html Hopefully this helps... I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with the leds.

MATCHN_TOYZ
04-04-10, 10:07 PM
anyone taken a stab at this yet? I'm pretty good with wiring LEDs and even made my own interior rear window "UV" LED overhead bar. switches on from the driver seat. pretty simple and looks awesome. cost about $3.00 in parts. on to the next project...

anyone taken a stab at adding some LED accents to the side vents of your Escalade? I am planning on doing this in the coming month. anyone that modified exsisting or even replaced with different vents would be able to answer some of my questions.

the vents are accessed via the wheel well?

they look functional, are they? looks like they have a screen behind them so they would allow light to pass through.

are they difficult to remove?

if anyone has any experience with this please drop a reply. I plan to take some photos from begining to end and post a TUT on how to do this when I am done. I will include the light bar and the front grill once I start that project =)

thanks in advance all, love this Forum!

Im sure it wouldnt be a shocker to anyone if I told you that I already tried that. It didnt look too bad. I have the mesh vents with the EXT letters. I got a small strip of LEDs behind it and lit up the mesh and the EXT.... it looked pretty kool but it just seemed like something you would see an import car with. Plus wife said the same thing so I took it off. To me the truck just looked to classy for it but to each his own...ya know.:cool:

Here are some fender vents that look like the OEM ones that have an LED stip built in that would look pretty kool if used as turn signals... IMO "only as turn signals".

http://www.sfxperformance.com/images/products/PUT998001.jpg

Looks like they are out of stock....
http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/PUT998001.htm#

Either way good luck with that and make sure you post some pics so we can check it out.

:thumbsup:

blaackwidow
04-04-10, 11:40 PM
thanks for all the links and advice. looked everywhere for an aftermarket solution and now I get one, lol. didnt really want more turn signals anyway =P

I think your wife was right about the "tuner" look. thats why I plan to put some stronger resistors so they are not that bright. just looking for a barely there touch. same thing for the grill.

anyone else have any more usefull ideas please lemme know.

thanks all.

:stirpot:

d_v_o_1
10-04-11, 11:13 PM
Was any progress ever made on this mod???