Cadillac Owners Forum banner

vogtland lowering springs?

4K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  SkullV 
#1 ·
I went into my buddies euro shop with him and they had some vogtland lowering springs. They looked pretty nice and the lowering is 1.2 front and rear, compared to 1.2F and 1.0R on the H&R. Granted its .2 of an inch its better than nothin. Just wondering if anyone has had an experience with them
Thanks,
Ryan

#2 ·
I've never heard of that brand. Lowering the rear is not just a product of the spring. You need spacers. If you put on a spring that lowers 1.2" it will not lower at all unless you swap out the shocks or add spacers. We have auto leveling shocks in the rear, which makes adding spacers a must if you do springs.

#5 ·
I'm not sure if anyone is making them anymore. I got mine from forum member "Nels".

There may be a few guys out there that still have a set of the spacers. I'd start a new thread asking if anyone has the lowering spacers you can buy. I think they are around $40-$50. They may be more I bought mine almost 3 years ago.

If you go to google and search for "cts-v lowering spacer" you can read some good threads.
Dont forget about the FAQ http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/lowercts/index.html

#10 ·
I've noticed that in both the stock, H&R, and Eibach setups, the rear is always a bit higher than the front. Maybe that's not a bad idea from a practical stand point. The rear end needs much more travel than the front considering you can load the back seat and the trunk with some significant weight. I don't think the Nivomats could keep the car level fully loaded without a little extra height. I would guess that if the rear of my H&R setup was as low as the front, I would have rubbing issues fully loaded. If you use the back seat alot and have tires with a .5 inches or more of tread width than the stock F1s, I would be careful about making sure there are no rubbing issues

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.