: Pipe through the roof.

lev
08-21-04, 09:57 PM
In a movie "Paycheck" when a police car was chasing Ben Affleck and Uma Thurman, they went through some containers and a driver, after bashing the car over container's insides and going under a bar which knocked off the roof lights, went through a pipe which was sticking out of the top of the container.

They placed the camera on the passenger seat so we could see how the pipe crushed the glass, tored off the glass seals, bent back the edge of the roof and tore off the headliner, exposing the metal frame bare.

Can that kind of a damage be repaired in the body shop?

P.S. I actually felt bad that they were breaking the car just to break it. It is one thing when the car just flips over and gets destroyed. That is an unfortunate side effect. But pipe through the roof..... Someone took effort to build this car, seal the glass, glue the headliner on you know... all just to be destroyed by some vandal... Ok rant over :)

Stoneage_Caddy
08-21-04, 10:17 PM
i think once to roof is destoryed on a car its totaled

case in point was the G20 i had , 95% of the damage was the roof , the car could have been jigged and strightend and a new roof put in , but being unibody it wont be near as strong as before and i belive thats the biggest reason for a total , along with that roofs arent produced alone , youd need a whole nother car to get the roof ....

If i had the space i would have bought the car back and did a full roll cage on it and locate a donor G20 for the roof section ..but space and time got me , just had to say goodbye

Ralph
08-21-04, 10:24 PM
I wouldn't feel bad about it. Large production companies have a huge budget for these things, and when you think about it, it's good for the economy if they buy more and wreck them. Now destroying a restored 1959 Eldorado is another story. :rant2:

I'll have to watch Paycheck again tonite to see exactly what you're referring to.

slk230mb
08-21-04, 10:39 PM
Now destroying a restored 1959 Eldorado is another story. :rant2:

What about a fully original and stock 1959 Eldoaro Biarrtiz?

Ralph
08-21-04, 11:19 PM
What about a fully original and stock 1959 Eldoaro Biarrtiz?

That would be just PLAIN MEAN! (voice of James Coburn)