Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Anything to be gained with dyno tune on stock CTS-V???

6K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  SkullV 
#1 ·
Hi all - currently the only aftermarket add-on I have is a Corsa exhaust. Is it a complete waste of money to have a local shop tune my car? Is the stock tune pretty well "dialed in"? Thx!

#2 ·
If you are not planning ANY other mods then sure go ahead and get it tuned, you wont pick up a ton of power but the car will for sure feel better and be more fun to drive. If you have ANY other mods planned I would wait though unless your tuner offers free retunes.

#6 ·
Not worth the money. Wait till you get decent mods then tune.

#7 · (Edited)
That's not true. There is a lot that can be done through tuning that will improve the driveability and enjoyment of a car. Simple things like lowering the IAT retard, PE delay, and other small changes (in addition to the obvious Spark, PE, and other tuning) can really make a car feel and perform better. If I KNEW I would not be modding the car for years I would still get a tune, but otherwise I would wait for the mods. I would also not pay for a dyno tune for a stock car, I would get a good street tune as that is where a stock car would really benefit (plus depending on the balls of the tuner you can get your WOT tuning done on the street too).

G
#8 ·
My car put down 310 with muffler delete and CAI only......AFter a dyno tune it put down 343 to the wheels so Id say that a tune is damnw orth it. The tuner was the owner of an 04 V and spent hours dialing his in so im sure that helped.

#9 ·
if the car is in good order I do not expect the car to pick up alot in STOCK form.
I would bet money that guys are taking cars in for dyno tunes and they are on teh low octane table and have crappy fuel, once on the high octane tables, false knock fixed, and some other little things it picks up this magical amt.

I guess I could say mine picked up some with a tune but in reality, once all the fluids were warmed up and consistant pulls were made and then put the stock tune back in we picked up very little. mine at the time was STOCK everything, down to filter and mufflers.

will say that I can tell I removed the Torq Mgmt, you can feel that. and as I continue to drive it playing with timing in the 'cruise' area it is getting better MPGs...

Everyone else says its good for 15-20 or more so go for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.