: Leveling/lift kit.....adjust autoride???

Texas_Lade
04-03-10, 12:41 AM
I have been doing research on a leviling kits lift kits for the Escalade and I ran into someone on another forum that has a Denali. People were warning him that the rear had to be adjusted for the autoride? Anyone had anything like this come up? I'm most likely going with the Truxxx leveling kit that raises front 2.5" and the rear 1.5".

Merc
04-04-10, 12:32 PM
I haven't heard that you would need to mess with the autoride suspension. But then again I have only been debating if I want to lift the front of my Escalade 1.5 inches, not 2.5 inches like you. If I do this I shouldn't have to lift the rear

Texas_Lade
04-04-10, 02:33 PM
I haven't heard that you would need to mess with the autoride suspension. But then again I have only been debating if I want to lift the front of my Escalade 1.5 inches, not 2.5 inches like you. If I do this I shouldn't have to lift the rear

I am going to do it but first I want to know whether or not the autoride suspension has to be adjusted or not. A friend of mine that lifted his Escalade with a 3 inch body and 2inch coil over said "no". I saw someone on Denali forum that said "yes". Confused now.

05Yukon
04-04-10, 10:28 PM
If you are adding spacers im almost positive you have too. This is going to adjust the distance between the rear axle and the frame and mess with the autoride. If you were to do a body lift you dont have to because all you are doing is lifting the body off the frame which doesnt effect the autoride.

Texas_Lade
04-04-10, 10:53 PM
If you are adding spacers im almost positive you have too. This is going to adjust the distance between the rear axle and the frame and mess with the autoride. If you were to do a body lift you dont have to because all you are doing is lifting the body off the frame which doesnt effect the autoride.

Have any idea where I could get a deffinitive answer on this? I already ordered the Truxxx leveling kit. I'll contact them aswell. See what they say. Thanks

Texas_Lade
04-05-10, 08:09 PM
Truxxx.com sent me a reply to my question about whether or not autoride needed adjustment:

"You will not need any additional adjustments or allowances because of the autoride system"

boss513
04-07-10, 07:00 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^
i used the ready lift on my ext, no spacer on rear

justin mazzon
01-06-13, 11:40 AM
have the torsion keys in front changed your ride quality?

MrHolland
01-06-13, 09:28 PM
Welcome to the forum!! Please don't post the same question in multiple threads.

tcahill
01-18-13, 03:52 PM
I put in the readylift 1 1/2" in the front only. It put the truck at 1/4" lower in the front after install. No adjustments to the leveling system were required.

justin mazzon
01-21-13, 04:08 PM
I put in the readylift 1 1/2" in the front only. It put the truck at 1/4" lower in the front after install. No adjustments to the leveling system were required.

I put a 2.25" supermaxx torsion key on the front and 2" spacers in the back. So far no problem with auto
leveling although ride is rougher. Looks great everyone loves the stance. Anyone with suggestions on how to get back closer to a factory ride. If you do a 3" kit they do give you shock extensions.