: Interior help

71corv
04-02-10, 09:54 PM
Recently purchased a 2007 CTS. Have looked in the owners manual for suggestions on what to use to clean the interior (dash,door panels,etc.).Was of no help, as the manual said soft cloth and water. Not sure I want to use water on the dash or any part. Will probably use "Adam's" products for the detailing on the outside and their leather product for the seats. Any suggestions? Thanks,

Gene:thumbsup:

D0ughb0y
04-03-10, 09:19 PM
Recently purchased a 2007 CTS. Have looked in the owners manual for suggestions on what to use to clean the interior (dash,door panels,etc.).Was of no help, as the manual said soft cloth and water. Not sure I want to use water on the dash or any part. Will probably use "Adam's" products for the detailing on the outside and their leather product for the seats. Any suggestions? Thanks,

I'm no expert, but I've always used the 'old school' armor all on interiors.

My DTS is new to me and the first car I've owned with leather so I thought I'd try the Blue Mountain stuff. I don't think I like it very much. I was expecting it to be more of a cream, but it comes out as more of a liquid. It shines up the leather nice, but doesn't leave it with that luster and soft, supple feel. I'm most likely going to return it and try another product on a different section of leather to see if I get a different result. This stuff really didn't live up to my expectations.

I've always washed/waxed my cars with Meguiars products, never had a problem, and got pretty good results. Over the last two days, I spent a LOT of time and effort into the exterior of the car. Washing with dish soap to strip all wax. Using Meguiars clay bar kit on the whole car (took my time and got everything smooth).

I woke up this morning and applied some of the 'stage one cleaner wax'. After that, I spent a good amount of time with the Meguiars 7 Glaze/Polish. Finsihed up with two applications of the Gold Class Carnuba Paste.

I do use Mothers Chrome/Mag polish on my wheels. I find that with some elbow grease, it removes all of the nasties from my wheels that a scubbing won't and leaves an amazing shine. I follow up the wheels with a few applications of the Carnuba Paste.

71corv
04-03-10, 09:58 PM
Thanks fo the reply. Haven't used Armor All in quite a few years. Stopped using it when someone told me it contained water. Switched to all Meguiars products but changed a few years ago to the products made by Adam's. Tried a little of the Adam's Detail spray on the CTS after a wash and the result was a very smooth finish but still not the caliber of my other car. I plan to clay the car and then apply their machine polish and super wax.