Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Anyone have the stock intake tube collapse?

4K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  CadV 
#1 ·
I've got the W4M 9.5 pulley, heat exchanger, and tune on my 6-speed manual CTS-V. The car seems to fall on its face and feels like all the timing is being pulled. Jesse thinks the stock intake tube is collapsing. Anyone have the 9.5 pulley and heat exchanger with the stock intake tube? Any issues? I've only had this on the car since last night. It was fine last night, but this morning it started to fall on its face. The car has 4,000 miles.

#5 ·
Jesse said he had no idea, but then he said the only thing would be the stock intake is collapsing. When I called him back later to order it, he said, "why didn't you get the intake with your pulley?" I had already asked him several times through email if it was needed and he would never respond.

Just to recap: So when I first tell him about the problem he has no idea unless it is the stock tube collapsing. Then on the 2nd call ~30 mins later, he acts like everyone knows that you have to have the intake with the pulley. :cookoo: I'm tired of him talking to me like I am a dumbass evertime I call.

He needs to hire someone else if he is really this busy. He claims he gets 400 emails a day, and he can't respond to them all. BUT, he answers every one I send that I am asking to purchase something.

I'm seriously contemplating taking everything off the car and just keeping it stock because of all the crap I am running into. I just want the car to run right. When it has this issue - whatever is causing it - the car is slower than a Prius.

#11 ·
Way back when (like the end of 2008), Jesse said the stock intake tube would collapse when you were putting down over 600 RWHP or so--when the bottom was cut out of the stock airbox. You may be collapsing it due to the pulley trying to draw in more air through the restrictive stock air opening. Might be worth trying a few runs with the airbox cover removed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.