: Tire shine splatters

bg1811
04-02-10, 10:55 AM
Does anyone know a brand of tire shine that doesn't splatter along the side of the truck? I have tried several brands from wipe on's to spray on's and I have the same result. Maybe a application suggestion might help.

Texas_Lade
04-02-10, 11:39 AM
I use Tire Gel. I think it's Mguires. Comes in a bottle that you squirt on applicator pads. Easy to use, lasts a long time, and no splatter as long as you don't have it caked on.

evois
04-02-10, 03:17 PM
I have the meguiar's gel also, it will still splatter but I have moulded mudflaps and it doesn't splatter on the bodywork, just the flaps.

Texas_Lade
04-02-10, 03:52 PM
I have the meguiar's gel also, it will still splatter but I have moulded mudflaps and it doesn't splatter on the bodywork, just the flaps.

I guess it really depends on how much you use. I never have any splatter but I use it very sparingly and wipe off excess if I need to. I really like the stuff. It lasts a long time and is alcohol free so it won't dry up your tires.

2007caddy
04-02-10, 03:57 PM
I have Meguiars gel and tire shine spray with a sponge applicator, the gel splatters too much compared to the spray...if use the sponge applicator the splatter will be next to NIL

Eldo1953
04-02-10, 04:09 PM
Also use the Meguiar's gel. Let is sit overnight before driving the truck also helps.

K9Caddy
04-03-10, 03:32 AM
Zaino Z-16 "Perfect Tire Gloss". The absolute best tire dressing I ever used and will not splatter.

hcvone
04-03-10, 06:35 AM
I used Meguiar's gel for years, even after I started selling Zaino I still used it until I got my first dark Corvette, it would fling no matter what, never saw a problem on my trucks, now I have been known to drive to the extreme, that is when I switched to Zaino Z-16, best tire product I have used, won't make your tires look shiney, if you want that then this is not the product for you, just makes them look better than new. I use Stoner More Shine Less Time for my winter tires because of the big lugs on the side wall you need to use an aerosol product for coverage. :)

corvette00
04-03-10, 09:09 AM
I agree with Zaino

baskalade
04-05-10, 12:33 AM
Adamspolishes.com (http://www.adamspolishes.com)

They have a VRT dressing that will not splatter.